GameFly May 2014 Used Game Sale (5/13 to 5/19)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 5/19.

Sale goes live 5/13 at 10AM PST - Ends 5/19

Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed III $7.99
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $17.99
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $9.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $17.99
Battlefield 3 $8.99
Battlefield 4 $17.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $9.99
Cabela's African Adventures $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $17.99
Darksiders II $9.99
Dead Island $8.99
Duke Nukem Forever $5.99
Fable: The Journey $8.99
Fast & Furious Showdown $7.99
Fuse $9.99
Grand Theft Auto IV $9.99
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $9.99
Hitman: Absolution $7.99
Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver $8.99
Metro: Last Light $9.99
NCAA Football 14 $12.99
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures $9.99
Payday 2 $12.99
Saints Row IV $12.99
Star Trek $7.99
Tomb Raider $7.99
XCOM: Enemy Within $17.99

PlayStation 3
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $17.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $17.99
Battlefield 4 $17.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $9.99
Cabela's African Adventures $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $17.99
Fuse $9.99
Grand Theft Auto IV $9.99
The Last of Us $17.99
Lost Planet 3 $9.99
transparent.gif
Resistance: Fall of Man $7.99
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus $12.99
Tales of Xillia $17.99
Time and Eternity $14.99
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct $8.99
XCOM: Enemy Within $17.99
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z $19.99
Young Justice: Legacy $12.99

Wii
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 $4.99
Disney Planes $5.99
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles $5.99
The Smurfs 2 $4.99
Wipeout 3 $8.99

3DS
Angry Birds: Star Wars $8.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril $12.99
LEGO: The Hobbit $17.99
Mario Party: Island Tour $19.99
Power Rangers MegaForce $8.99
transparent.gif

Thanks for the update Cheapy! For me it looks like I might get Time and Eternity, and/or Mario Party IT...it's difficult finding a better deal on 3ds titles than 50% off lol.

Thanks OP, I see some things I want finally.

Also, in before the "why aren't they not on sale yet" posts.

Edit- Whew, my wallet won't take a huge beating. Fast and Furious 360 for $8 and maybe Time and Eternity. Not sure if I should bite at $15 or wait for $10. Decisions Decisions

Last edited by a moderator:
I even got one of those $5 off a purchase coupons for being a member so long and I still don't see anything I want even with that extra discount. I'm personally waiting to see some more PS4 titles on sale.

I heard Into the Nexus was going to be on PS3 and Vita at one point but haven't heard anything since. Can anyone confirm if there is some kind of thing like Full Frontal Assault going on? I didn't get that game until the deadline to get the Vita version

$12.99 for NCAA Football 14 is pretty good for a game that could increase in value. I'd buy one if they had the PS3 version on sale.

Thanks for the update Cheapy! For me it looks like I might get Time and Eternity, and/or Mario Party IT...it's difficult finding a better deal on 3ds titles than 50% off lol.
dont buy mario party or you will end up crying looking at your empty wallet :) .. yes its that bad

TOTALLY thought Fable the Journey was the Fable Re-make dang,,,

Is Saints Row IV worth it at that price? Cause I'm eyeing that AND Last Light.

Holy shit! This is the first Gamefly sale where I will not buy anything! I have everything that I want already which is a good thing!

dammit. i just cancel my gf sub 5min ago with $5 gf buck unsued due to the current over price use game. wanted xcom-ew but it was 28. would glad pay 17-5 =$12. oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Is it better to buy The Last if Us new or am I ok buying it used? I ask because I have an unopened copy at home but for $17.99 that seems like a great deal, am I missing out on anything other than that new video game smell?

Has ToX ever been cheaper before? I believe I remember seeing it for $12 for a PSN Plus sale.... really tempted on biting on it though.

Is it better to buy The Last if Us new or am I ok buying it used? I ask because I have an unopened copy at home but for $17.99 that seems like a great deal, am I missing out on anything other than that new video game smell?
There's an online pass for multiplayer.

I bought it at $19.99 thinking the exact same thing. LoL.

BUT you're probably right - the closer we get to college football time, the more people are going to want to get it. After all, there ain't gonna be 'nuther!
Yup. Individuals and Gamestop will be selling the game for more than $13 by the end of the year, guaranteed. Wouldn't be surprised if Gamestop's used price remains around the $40-50 range. NCAA Basketball 10 came out over 4 years ago and Gamestop still sells it for $39.99 used because it was the last college basketball game and people will hold onto their copies knowing there won't be a new version next year.

Has ToX ever been cheaper before? I believe I remember seeing it for $12 for a PSN Plus sale.... really tempted on biting on it though.
it was $10 on psn I think and last week it was $19.99 at best buy, amazon and target. So could be a potential price drop coming but it sitting at $29.99 every place this week

Well dang.  All i was hoping for was that they'd have Resident Evil Revelations on sale again.  Oh well.  I guess not spending money isn't necessarily a bad thing...

May bite on R&C Into the Nexus.

Edit: Nvm, it's already down to ~$14 new. I'll wait.

chpped discs ftw
I guess it isn't a gamefly thread without you showing up to toss in the obligatory "chipped discs" comment is it? At least youre starting to sound bored saying it and perhaps that means youll give up one day instead of carrying a grudge around and whipping it out every single chance more than 2 people are gathered in one spot about how gamefly ruined your life and is so unfair to you.

But in all seriousness, grow up. Ive bought dozens and dozens of games from them and never had a chipped disc. And if I had I wouldn't troll the internet acting like a baby about it I would have gotten it fix and they would have fixed. Only problem I ever had with them was a ripped slipcover for a 360 game, I emailed them and the next day I got a email saying they sent me an entirely new case free and apologized.

I guess it isn't a gamefly thread without you showing up to toss in the obligatory "chipped discs" comment is it? At least youre starting to sound bored saying it and perhaps that means youll give up one day instead of carrying a grudge around and whipping it out every single chance more than 2 people are gathered in one spot about how gamefly ruined your life and is so unfair to you.

But in all seriousness, grow up. Ive bought dozens and dozens of games from them and never had a chipped disc. And if I had I wouldn't troll the internet acting like a baby about it I would have gotten it fix and they would have fixed. Only problem I ever had with them was a ripped slipcover for a 360 game, I emailed them and the next day I got a email saying they sent me an entirely new case free and apologized.
I've bought Xbox 360 games from them and I have to say, pretty much all of mine were chipped. Most of them weren't bad and all of them played fine, but if you're slightly OCD about the condition of your discs (as I can be) it's worth noting

Would Tales of Xillia be a good entry level jrpg? I liked FFX remaster and Skies of Arcadia, by ni no kuni was just to much for me.
I was wondering this myself. It's one of the only genres I've never been into.

What are some recommendations for a JRPG newb? Something I can get my feet wet

I've bought Xbox 360 games from them and I have to say, pretty much all of mine were chipped. Most of them weren't bad and all of them played fine, but if you're slightly OCD about the condition of your discs (as I can be) it's worth noting
The last game I bought from them (Farcry 3) was chipped as well. They wouldn't do anything about it either. It ended up working fine though. I've had many more good experiences than bad with Gamefly, however, and would not hesitate to buy from them again.

bread's done
Back