XboxOne w/o Kinect coming.

Glad it's a choice for those who considered it a dealbreaker, but I honestly couldn't use the console without it after being used to having it. They'll probably work on improving non-Kinect navigation/functionality, but not having voice control, at least as of now, seems like it would be a pain.

Basically everyone who purchased an Xbox One with Kinect for 545.00(after tax) Simply wasted over 100.00 for a failed kinect experiment. Now all kinect is, is a voice remote. There will be no more game implementation because now not every owner will have kinect. The main reason they gave for including the damn thing has been tossed aside. Xbox One hasnt been losing to Sony due to kinect. Its been losing do to performance issues and indie game and new game deserts. Kinext is/was a really cool feature of xbox one. Too bad MS bailed so quickly and left us with a 100.00 paperweight.

I don't feel as I've wasted any money. Just my feeling.

This shouldn't have it's own thread tho, there's enough Kinect sucks/Sony destroying Microsoft sales talk in the regular Xbox One thread.

I actually enjoy kinect. My fiancée and I use the workout programs and we skype with friends from the living room. I honest can't imagine using my xbox without it. It was the main reason I bought my xbox one.

I actually enjoy kinect. My fiancée and I use the workout programs and we skype with friends from the living room. I honest can't imagine using my xbox without it. It was the main reason I bought my xbox one.
And they'll still sell bundles with Kinect, and Kinect separately for people who decide they want it later.

It's always best to give consumers options IMO. I get that they thought it would be revolutionary and wanted everyone to try it. But it's just never good to force peripherals in--especially ones that most games use little if at all--when it drives the cost up above the competition.

My gaming buddies and I were mostly on 360 last gen, and all went PS4 first this time because of Kinect as none of us have any interest in it or doing anything but playing regular games on our consoles. The DRM stuff they tried rubbed us all the wrong way, but that was done away with long before launch. Now some of us will probably never get X1s as we're all 30 and up and many of us are too busy to justify multiple consoles any more.

So X1 sales would probably be a lot better, at least in the US were Xbox is popular, if they had the two skus right from day 1.

Many mistakes made by Microsoft out of the gate.  It will be tough for them to get out of this hole.  And how do developers feel who have been developing games with the promise that there will be kinects in every home.  That is going to shake some trust in Microsoft by developers.  A major exclusive would have helped too say maybe  destiny.  Why let bungie go?  That game would sell consoles like Halo did the original xbox.  You can't tell me they couldn't of backed the brinks truck up to keep them.  Now destiny is going to sell a bunch of ps4's.  Instead Microsoft invests in tired franchises like gears and halo.  Hopefully something good will come out of E3.

From what I gather about Bungie is they were just disgruntled with MS. They wanted to make Destiny a while back and we're told no and to focus on Halo games. So they probably weren't interested in money from MS to stay exclusive.

As for developers being pissed about Kinect being dropped, it will be an issue for a few. But there weren't all that many Kinect specific games in development anyway so it's not a major blow.

bread's done
Back