Elders Scrolls Online $44.99

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls $44.99

PS3 Pulse $129.99

RCSS

MLB The Show 14 $69.99

Walmart

Wolfenstein $69.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I think game deals are officially dead in Canada. There hasn't been an exciting deal in ages.
Huh? the %15 off/$10 off at Best Buy and Futureshop a month ago was alright. There's been quite a few good deals, digitally speaking, on PSN this year.

I hope you weren't expecting the same kind of deals we were accustomed to these past few years on last-gen games to be applied to next-gen titles this early into the console cycle...

Irony... soon the Xbox One will be cheaper than the PS4 (in our corner of the world, at least).

Irony... soon the Xbox One will be cheaper than the PS4 (in our corner of the world, at least).
You assume they won't take the opportunity to price correct Canada...

Huh? the %15 off/$10 off at Best Buy and Futureshop a month ago was alright.
I used that $20 code from the FS Demons Gaze screwup to snag Persona 4 Golden for $5. Not that we could call that a 'deal', but stuff is always happening.

EB Games is taking pre-orders for $399.99.

EB Games' Game Days is starting tomorrow; flyers are being handed out in stores today. I noticed some great deals like Beyond Two Souls for $19.99, some lukewarm ones like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII for $34.99, and many returning sales. I'll look forward to seeing what niche titles are part of the sale that aren't part of the flyer tomorrow.

I used that $20 code from the FS Demons Gaze screwup to snag Persona 4 Golden for $5. Not that we could call that a 'deal', but stuff is always happening.
You can already pre-order a Kinect-less Xbone for $399.99. They aren't going to change the price any time soon.

Canada hasn't had any decent deals for a while. I can only think of the current Microplay Mario Kart 8 deal. Everything else has just been nullified by the price hike.

[quote name="ragnar14" post="11758832" timestamp="1400124062"]
I used that $20 code from the FS Demons Gaze screwup to snag Persona 4 Golden for $5. Not that we could call that a 'deal', but stuff is always happening.[/quote]
I used mine on Metal Gear GZ $10 and Tomb Raider $20.

With all these box stores fighting for survival, the only time to see sales is when they are closing.

Hopefully the price drop on Xbox One will get Sony to reduce the price on the PS4 again. Though I wouldn't hold my breath.

EB Games' Game Days is starting tomorrow; flyers are being handed out in stores today. I noticed some great deals like Beyond Two Souls for $19.99, some lukewarm ones like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII for $34.99, and many returning sales. I'll look forward to seeing what niche titles are part of the sale that aren't part of the flyer tomorrow.
I've yet to see the proper flyer. But they mention some stuff in their weekly email:

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/weeklyad/default.aspx

Seeing a LOT of good deals at EB Games this week.  Beyond Two Souls for $20, Lightning Returns for $35, Thief for $45, Saints Row IV for $20 particularly stand out.

Some niche titles (because that's what I look for) at EB Games I noticed that didn't seem to be advertised as any part of Game Days signage were Project X Zone for $14.99 and Shin Megami Tensei IV for $29.99.  Disgaea D2 is $24.99.

I already own all 3 of those niche titles. Any others? Btw, Staples has Lightning Returns for $19.97.

I already own all 3 of those niche titles. Any others? Btw, Staples has Lightning Returns for $19.97.
AquaPazza is $24.99, Dragon's Crown for Vita is $29.99. I'm sure there are others, too.

Thanks for the note about Lightning Returns. They're sold out online and in my local stores, but I'm sure that'll be the standard price by the holidays, with used ones floating around for $14.99.

I wouldn't mind getting some games from walmart with a gift card in hand but Walmart has no games i'm looking for tho :(  anything Tales Series to try out  along with me looking for  Dragons Crown ( PS3 )  the selection is just meh.  there are some games i would get at Walmart  ( NFS The Run or Doom BFG Edition ) just to name what i can think of at the top of my head, but, there are games i prefer getting first and those two games are not at the top of my list.

AquaPazza is $24.99, Dragon's Crown for Vita is $29.99. I'm sure there are others, too.

Thanks for the note about Lightning Returns. They're sold out online and in my local stores, but I'm sure that'll be the standard price by the holidays, with used ones floating around for $14.99.
You can most likely get Futureshop or Best Buy to price match. I got Futureshop to price match Pokemon X & Y 3 weeks ago.

Hopefully the price drop on Xbox One will get Sony to reduce the price on the PS4 again. Though I wouldn't hold my breath.
Me too. It makes Sony look bad that they jumped the gun so fast on the price hike, and now the CAD is floating around value that brings the would-be price to $430, so we are paying a fee just for being Canadian.

I'm really impressed by MS' attempts to get back in the game, and them keeping the low price in Canada has impressed me further. Sony is gonna have to step it up soon, they are looking pretty greedy and getting a bit too big for their britches.

bread's done
Back