VUDU SHARE THREAD

stevocbk24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Today at approximately 2:30 Central VUDU sent out an email stating:

VUDU now makes sharing your UltraViolet movies and TV shows even easier.

Share My Movies by VUDU lets you invite up to 5 people to join your Library and watch your UltraViolet movies and TV shows for free.

You DO NOT have to share your password to share accounts, ONLY EMAIL.

This is done through VUDU itself and not Ultraviolet.

Time to get to sharing ladies and gentleman!

For more information on the sharing program

VUDU SHARE PROGRAM DETAILS

This thread can be used to inform people what you have in your collection and PM people who you may be interested in sharing with.

Thread Rules:

1.) Do Not post your email in the thread (PM that shizz yo!)

2.) Do Not give out another person's email address to others

Through sharing accounts with fellow CAG members our collections will be able to grow immensely. Also, IKEA's sales of DVD shelves will plummet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have almost 300 movies and would be willing to share with someone to try this out. Below are some selections.
Newest:
Red 2
Star Trek:Into Darkness
Flight
Fun Size
Alex Cross
Dredd
Cold Light of Day
Expendables 2
The Dark Knight Rises
Ted
Best:
E.T.
Patton
Alien
Psycho
Bourne Triligy

Sitting at 200+ movies, plus a few television shows

Newest:

Veronica Mars

That Awkward Moment

Wolf of Wall Street

American Hustle

Hobbit 1+2

Anchorman 1+2

Homefront

Hunger Games 1+2

Enders Game

GoT Seasons 1-3

I have 30+  Vudu Movies in my library mostly newer movies, Im buying new movies almost everyday.  LMK if you're interested in sharing a collection.. Also I rent Movies a lot.. Not sure if it allows rented movies as well but if it does you'll be able to watch a lot of movies this way as well..

Looks like you have to make a separate UV account under the sharers. This will force you to disconnect your current UV account. There is no way to combine them, unless you do it the old fashioned way.

Gep, I am not sure what you're saying?

When you share your VUDU account you are actually sharing your UV account, which is limited to 6 total members. Each member can access all the movies in the account through their choice of streaming service, which in this case is VUDU, which has to be attached to said UV account. This will require you to disconnect from your current UV account to attach the new one, and therefore you will have access to only one UV account at a time. This "sharing" service is best shared with someone who has a lot of VUDU purchases, because these purchases will then transfer to the new sub UV account, and will stay there if they in turn delete that sub account account. I have a lot of VUDU disc to digital, so it would make sense for me to have people share with me, and they will get a sub account with all my VUDU purchases.

ok sitting on about 116 supposedly shareable movies and counting.or 136 depending on how this works.

any one interested in trying this out PM me

Does anyone have a substantial amount of movies that they purchased on VUDU or through their disc-to-digital. You can see this by disconnecting your UV account and seeing how many movies are left. I have 48 on VUDU, and 299 on my UV, and will exchange information with someone who has a comparable amount on VUDU that I have.

OK this might not work the way some of want.

this was taken from their FAQ's page 3

Can I see the movies and TV shows of users I invite?
Published 04/24/2014 12:13 PM   |   

No, only the owner's UltraViolet Library is viewable and accessible.

it now seems to good to be true

this would appear to work best for friends and family that are "less movie fortunate" than you. JS

Also, while linked together your movies don't show up, only theirs until you "un-link"... Has anyone successfully linked two accounts yet? I've invited a friend of mine but he has yet to get an e mail or anything else. (he doesn't have a vudu account yet or anything.) Also, I have been invited by someone and have yet to receive anything on Vudu UVVU or E-Mail.. 

i have attempted to share with someone here but do not know if the can see all my vids or not yet.  the invite has been accepted. 

then they can I'm assuming, Someone on here said they've invited me to theirs but i can't see a thing is why i ask, my friends still just says "invited." Sorry if this is kind of running this thread OT, but its all pertaining to the vudu sharing.. if there is a better thread to post on I'll jump over to it.. sorry OP.

If a kind soul wants to share an invite, I'll take one. I'll share mine, but my VUDU is sitting at about 30 movies and a few Wrestlemanias. 

I was on my vudu account page, and I can still see my movies, they're just under the other guy's.  I'm checking my ps3 account.... and, yes, it works fine.

I've got 98 movies Newest includes: Wolf of Wall Street, Riddick, Frozen, Despicable Me 2. and the first 3 Seasons of Game of Thrones and Seasons 1 and 2 of Boardwalk Empire.

Im down to share PM me.

This isn't a deal and should be moved to the Master Trading List forum. 

Reported to the mods to have it moved.

Here is what Vudu had to say:

thank you for contacting VUDU support,

The shared accounts should allow you to link and view each others content through the VUDU services. You are able to link your accounts through UltraViolet, and this will not impact maintaining a VUDU account, it would only apply to UltraViolet.
You should still be able to access your own VUDU account after merging your UV accounts together. You can also link them through UV, which would allow you to unlink if you so desired, and then your accounts would still remain separate, but the content could still be accessed

So I guess their customer service contradicts their FAQ lol.

This program just started so it might be something that gets changed who knows.

This part sounds like a 2 way thing

"The shared accounts should allow you to link and view each others content through the VUDU services."

But so far it has only worked 1 way.

When linking to someone else's account this pops up:

If you continue, your VUDU account will be unlinked from your current UltraViolet Library.

You can link back to your existing UltraViolet Library. However, UltraViolet rules limit unlinking/re-linking to the same Library to twice a year.

So I don't know how awesome this really is.. you can only link back to your account twice in a year.

It looks like a two way thing. I have linked with another CAGer and can see his and my movies. We must share some of the same movies because the totals aren't right

OK this might not work the way some of want.
this was taken from their FAQ's page 3

Can I see the movies and TV shows of users I invite?

Published 04/24/2014 12:13 PM |

No, only the owner's UltraViolet Library is viewable and accessible.

it now seems to good to be true

this would appear to work best for friends and family that are "less movie fortunate" than you. JS

I was on my vudu account page, and I can still see my movies, they're just under the other guy's. I'm checking my ps3 account.... and, yes, it works fine.
Did you have a lot of purchases from VUDU, or did you purchase them from somewhere else? Did you just sync the new UV with your VUDU?

lol... When I received the email I knew this would end in failure somewhere, such a big risk sharing information with a stranger.

It all boils down to what bluecomputerpro said, if you can get someone to let you link to their 400+ movies, you "hit the jackpot". 

ALSO be aware that when you link to someones account, anything you purchase or UV codes you enter while linked go into that library. 

There may be a small "work around" or exploit if you will. If a couple vets wanna msg me I'll give you the details. Then you can do what you like with the info

bread's done
Back