H1Z1 Discussion Thread

koalak

CAGiversary!
Ek7Nf8Y.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqZOdXP056Y&list=UUbWdUfIDdki5LfY6j4et9PQ

H1Z1 is a Zombie MMO by Sony Online Entertainment

Kinda similar to DayZ except on a more massive scale!

Gameplay Details
-First Person or Third Person shooter
-Zombie Survival
-Night is dark and full of terrors
-Player versus Player at it's core.
-More than just zombies in the world
-Base Building, Town building, Fortress creation
-Can burn down things others build.
-Lots of crafting. Probably the biggest thing about the game.
-Vehicles are already in. Possibility of aircraft in the future.
-Based off the United States.
-If you die, you lose your gear. It stays on your corpse.
-"No skills or levels".
-"Thousands of players". I'm willing to bet this will be larger, playercount wise, than planetside 2.
-There will be Hunting.
-Horses will be a mode of transportation
-Camping was added recently
-Pets are being considered.

Tech Details
-PC first, PS4 later. "Well, we are Sony" when asked about the PS4 version.
-In terms of cross-platform play, Planetside 2 will not be doing cross platform due to the logistics of updating the game on the PS4 vs the PC. I expect that this has not changed so I don't see cross-platform play happening. SOE has made no comment on this point however, so I could be talking out of my ass.
-"If you can run Planetside 2, you can run H1Z1 better".
-"Orders of magnitude larger than Planetside 2".
-Based of Planetside 2. Shares no tech with Everquest Next (so no Voxels).
-Built in voice chat options.

Monetization Details
-Free to play
-Part of the All-Access subscription that SOE is launching this month. $15/mo for premium sub in all SOE games.
-"you seriously don't need to spend a dime. We're still figuring out the monetization but we will telegraph our plans early and let people comment and we'll listen if they don't like something and come to a place where people feel good about it."
-Early Access ($20ish, on steam) coming soon

Resources
Official H1Z1 Website
Official H1Z1 Twitter Page
Wiki
Wiki (Spanish)
H1Z1 Twitch Page

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify, the full release will be F2P. Early Access (and you know how those drag on) will be $20. So, essentially, if you want to play the game any time in the next 1-1.5 years, it costs $20.

Just to clarify, the full release will be F2P. Early Access (and you know how those drag on) will be $20. So, essentially, if you want to play the game any time in the next 1-1.5 years, it costs $20.
:roll: That's the new trend. Making people pay for a half finished free game. :shame:

Boo! Depending on how far along it is/how it looks and how they handle single players I still might be willing to invest in it, but we'll see.

Yeah...I'm bothered a lot more by paying for early access for a game that will eventually be F2P, than I am paying for early access for a game that will have a price (especially if the full release price will be higher).

That SNOW game on Steam is like that. It was supposed to go to full release and F2P "this spring", but here we are almost in June and they're still charging $14.99 for it. Just seems like a really easy out for developers to make money while still gaining good favor for releasing a F2P game. Having your cake and eating it too in a way.

My only hope is that with H1Z1 being made by Sony, maybe it won't be in early access for a bazillion years like most games.

I've been hosed once already by The War Z aka Infestation: Survivor Stories... I'll wait till the jury deliberates.

I think I'm going to bite on this. Always been interested in the concept of DayZ, but hate the engine that it's on so I never bothered playing it.

It went from starting in 2 hours to 4 hours. Ugh. Guess I won't be able to download it before work. 

They delayed it to 12pm PST. That would be why.

Anyone been able to successfully play? Lots of people with G99 errors. They're supposedly putting new server hardware any minute.

The twitch guys have a private server....

That being said I wasn't able to get into any server today to play before work. So maybe after work, and they update everything I can get in. I need another damn SSD. I'm running low on space on my main one. Jeez.

I can't decide if I want to go 980 or 780 sli for some more frames.

They've offered refunds for anyone who wants them. No questions asked. Direct through Sony though, not Steam.

Servers going offline for 2 hours starting between now and 4pm EST. I have still yet to play this game. 

I'm a really, REALLY patient person, and considering every game's launch these days is plagued with issues, I'm still getting a bit frustrated with how this has been handled. Glad they are trying to fix it right away, but damn... this is a hot mess.

Not that it matters to me, but is that a way of saying people who bought through Steam don't get access to the refund? Because that probably cuts out most of the sales, doesn't it?

Not that it matters to me, but is that a way of saying people who bought through Steam don't get access to the refund? Because that probably cuts out most of the sales, doesn't it?
I'm pretty sure that you can only buy it through Steam.

You can get a refund directly through Steam now, from what I've read.

This is starting to piss me off.

I keep on getting shot/killed right away. As soon as they see me. Ugh.
Are you using a mic?

Playing on a PvP server?

Try a PvE server. Likely just bad luck. I played the other day for 3+ hours and never encountered a single asshole. I was shocked.

My friends and I were talking about this the other night. Most people we've encountered have been surprisingly friendly. Currently sitting at 19 hours played and I've come across maybe half a dozen people who have KOS'd. 

Here are the patch notes for tonights patch - http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2t3fua/h1z1_update_notes_and_downtime_120/

Some really good stuff, mainly the fix to containers. I kinda figured something was up as I've literally never found a single thing in a refrigerator or cabinets. Hopefully this alleviates the issue of everyone on a server gravitating to the police station to get weapons. I like that that is sort of an end goal, but as it stands now that's almost literally the only place to arm yourself.

The melee damage changes are welcome too.

bread's done
Back