GGT 318 Is the Official Godzilla 2014 Thread

whoknows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
86 (99%)
Movie of the year 2014

godzilla2014-textless-poster.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Planning on seeing it at some point, but my cheapness/$5 Tuesdays make it so this weekend will not be that time. Interested in seeing what you think about it.

I'll probably watch some of those Hulu/Amazon ones sometime as well, I know I've seen a couple but just don't remember which ones. 

well, mario kart 8 review is out. it looks well received. lets see if it can save the nintendo wii-u in sales

I've worked 41 hours since Monday. Tomorrow will be 9 or 10 hours of straight overtime, and I've gotta work Saturday until noon too. 

Dat money. 

or started liking godzilla at all

don't worry dawg they'll see more of godzilla in your avatar than they do in the movie

what the fuck is with people in the deals forum making threads for "I got XXX for $YY on Amazon Warehouse Deals?".  No shit people, this is a deals forum and Amazon Warehouse sells cheap lightly used items.

Halos never been multigen though, it's always been a game to get people to buy the new system and show off their new engines. That said, I'm looking forward to both that and the hopeful announcement of Halo 2 Anniversary at E3.

Halos never been multigen though, it's always been a game to get people to buy the new system and show off their new engines. That said, I'm looking forward to both that and the hopeful announcement of Halo 2 Anniversary at E3.
Same here but with the 360 community still going strong it wouldn't be odd for them to announce it for both, but I wonder what 2015 will be like for the 360/ps3?

Same here but with the 360 community still going strong it wouldn't be odd for them to announce it for both, but I wonder what 2015 will be like for the 360/ps3?
While they may have communities still, the first party stuff isn't really ever cross gen since that's what they use as selling points, and that's with all 3 companies. I would say that both PS3 and 360 will be doing just fine for quite a while still, they may not be getting as many games come that time but they will both be cheaper then as well.

I'd be shocked to see any first party cross gen stuff other than something like MLB The Show that's easily ports and not really a system seller.

The console makers want to give people a reason to update. For third parties, it's largely not worth it yet as AAA game budgets are too big to risk making a profit from the much smaller next gen install base currently.

Titanfall being cross gen killed X1 sales as it was the number 1 seller last month overall, but Infamous was the best selling next gen game (and only sold a bit over 80k).

A lot of mainstream gamers are fine just playing the cross gen stuff on their old hardware. So Sony and MS have a lot of incentive to get exclusives out to get them to upgrade.

I'd be shocked to see any first party cross gen stuff other than something like MLB The Show that's easily ports and not really a system seller.

The console makers want to give people a reason to update. For third parties, it's largely not worth it yet as AAA game budgets are too big to risk making a profit from the much smaller next gen install base currently.

Titanfall being cross gen killed X1 sales as it was the number 1 seller last month overall, but Infamous was the best selling next gen game (and only sold a bit over 80k).

A lot of mainstream gamers are fine just playing the cross gen stuff on their old hardware. So Sony and MS have a lot of incentive to get exclusives out to get them to upgrade.
Yeah, pretty much. MS/Sony/Nintendo want you to by the new systems, 3rd parties just want to get as many people to buy their games as possible so they'll release on both for a while still.

Godzilla was just pure cheese.

We talking cheese wiz in a can cheese.

So much cheese that it makes Pacific Rim look like expensive Gouda that you have with expensive wine and talk about horse racing.

Yeah, pretty much. MS/Sony/Nintendo want you to by the new systems, 3rd parties just want to get as many people to buy their games as possible so they'll release on both for a while still.
i wonder how long ms/sony will support xbox 360/ ps3? in terms of services like xbox live, and stuff. As well with pumping out new games for it. until they cease production on / selling xbox 360/ ps3 console systems. i say probably in 4-5 years.

Godzilla was just pure cheese.

We talking cheese wiz in a can cheese.

So much cheese that it makes Pacific Rim look like expensive Gouda that you have with expensive wine and talk about horse racing.
Its mostly about humans which is fucking dumb. TMNT is going down the same route

You guys came to see a giant monster movie yeah well tough shit we'll just show you the aftermath battles.

Waaaat.  Godzilla movie with no fucking Godzilla?  Fail.

I'm kind of kicking myself for getting Soul Sacrifice and not playing it now that Soul Sacrifice Delta is out.  Now I gotta sell/trade it in and get Delta on digital.

In other news, I am enjoying Road to the Show in MLB14 The Show.  I still can't bat for shit, but I have the sliders futzed with enough where I can get a hit in now and then.  

Waaaat. Godzilla movie with no fucking Godzilla? Fail.

I'm kind of kicking myself for getting Soul Sacrifice and not playing it now that Soul Sacrifice Delta is out. Now I gotta sell/trade it in and get Delta on digital.

In other news, I am enjoying Road to the Show in MLB14 The Show. I still can't bat for shit, but I have the sliders futzed with enough where I can get a hit in now and then.
you're playing the wrong soul game

So if it had too much godzilla and no story would you still be complaining?

They need a plot cant just have a giant monster destroying stuff for 2 hours

I mean, I would have rather seen 2 hours of stuff being destroyed than the dumb story they had in the movie. I couldn't care less for the main character. 

bread's done
Back