* * * * - 7 votes

Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

#421 kcobra22  

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

https://www.halowayp...dcacfb654/posts

Looks like the matchmaking update will go live on Wednesday.

#422 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5988 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:43 AM

https://www.halowayp...dcacfb654/posts

Looks like the matchmaking update will go live on Wednesday.

they better gives us something for this a full week with issues is a joke 

#423 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6456 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:41 AM

I hope they get things fix soon before the Halo 5 beta hit. The install and matchmaking is just a mess with this game.

#424 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5988 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:51 AM

I hope they get things fix soon before the Halo 5 beta hit. The install and matchmaking is just a mess with this game.

yeah took my buddy almost 48 hours to download that giant update this day and age it's a joke you think it's smart to not do 2nd disc and make everyone download that big of patch on day one

#425 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:15 AM

At this point I'm not sure why they didn't delay the game. They should have clearly seen these issues with it, but they decided to release it anyway. I understand they wanted to rush it out for the holiday's, but they've given themselves a lot of bad publicity and embarrassment for no good reason.

#426 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:08 AM

I feel really bad for anyone with bad internet.  I get about 2mb/s on a good day and it still took the game close to 6 hours to be fully ready.  Luckily I had AC Unity on my PS4 so I didn't waste my day off of work.

Also the playlist options suck!  Wish there was a Halo 1 only or 'original xbox' playlist (halo 1/2).  I have absolutely no interest playing halo 3 or 4 multiplayer.

#427 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

The update makes it harder for people with bad connections to get into matchmaking by virtue of it being so large...  So it's not a bug, it's a feature?

#428 Renegade Moose   The cake is a lie. CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Renegade Moose

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:36 PM

At this point I'm not sure why they didn't delay the game. They should have clearly seen these issues with it, but they decided to release it anyway. I understand they wanted to rush it out for the holiday's, but they've given themselves a lot of bad publicity and embarrassment for no good reason.

Majority of the sales probably haven't even occurred with it being a holiday release (or the game is sitting in a box waiting to be opened yet). Even with bad publicity they have more in sales then they would make in March. Plus with a 15 gb patch there are plenty of people still waiting to play that are unaware there's an issue... ;)

In reality gamers have themselves to blame. Companies put out games with server issues and the games still sell amazingly well. So what is the penalty for them to push it out to hit a holiday release?

#429 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6601 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

Love me some Halo 2 Classic:

34xi49l.jpg

#430 kcobra22  

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

Love me some Halo 2 Classic:

this was my best game and one of my teammates decided to go 0-14 ...

hFBSwMxl.jpg

#431 MillerTime2523   FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND CAGiversary!   8545 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

MillerTime2523

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

I finally got into a few games and it's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, but then I was unable to get into another after that. I'm going to trade this back into Best Buy and buy some cheap Xbox currency on Black Friday so I can rebuy digitally (I believe Dollar General has a $15 for $25 sale). Hopefully they'll have it fixed by then.

Does anyone know if I'm going to need to do any more downloading if I make the switch from disc to digital? Would suck to have to spend another 6-10 hours downloading it when I believe I already have the files.

#432 RBK  

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

Nope.  Buying it through the marketplace just unlocks access to being able to play the game without a disc.

#433 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:13 AM

I'm having this infuriating problem where I'll randomly throw a grenade when I'm scoped in and shooting at someone, has this happened to anyone else or is my controller just defective?

#434 BxJoka814  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

Having a hard time with the controls, too much COD and Destiny 

#435 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

I spent almost an hour trying to get the damn Scarab achievement,can't get the banshee to go in the correct tunnel :-(

#436 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

Having a hard time with the controls, too much COD and Destiny

I just use the COD style controls with Halo and Destiny. In MCC, I apply those to all games. Feels great.

#437 BxJoka814  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

I just use the COD style controls with Halo and Destiny. In MCC, I apply those to all games. Feels great.

I switched Destiny to mirror COD controls but couldnt find the right configuration for MCC. Which one do you use?

#438 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:00 PM

I switched Destiny to mirror COD controls but couldnt find the right configuration for MCC. Which one do you use?

I will have to check when I got on my Xbox to be 100% sure I give you the correct information. That will probably be a few hours from now, but I will post the settings.

#439 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:25 AM

The layout is called "Universal Zoom & Shoot".

#440 Stingermck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Stingermck

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:37 AM

Well dont wait for Wednesday:

This week’s content update, which was originally scheduled for release this Wednesday, 11/19, will now be releasing later this week to allow for additional fixes, as well as the completion of the testing and certification process.

This content update includes a variety of fixes across the title, including Matchmaking performance issues, general UI and game stability improvements, as well as fixes for game-game specific issues in Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 2: Anniversary, and more. The full patch notes will be posted later this week, in advance of the content update release.

Thank you for your continued patience.

#441 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:48 AM

What a disaster. 

#442 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4639 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:35 PM

What a disaster.

Agreed.

As someone who has great memories playing Halo with friends these issues are inexcusable. It's a testament to the original games that I'm willing to be patient for them to fix it but I can totally understand others who are not.

#443 Burning Karma   Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah CAGiversary!   904 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Burning Karma

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:13 PM

Is it just me or did they change headshots in Halo: CEA (even from the 2011 release)? I'm having a hell of a time trying to headshot Elites on Legendary.

#444 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:42 AM

So today no new achievements are unlocking...the matchmaking still doesn't work...and even the damn terminal channel is unavailable!  What a god Fuck ing damn mess this is...

#445 MikeCzeck  

MikeCzeck

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:53 AM

Looks like even the halowaypoint.com is down. They must have shut down all their servers lol.

#446 kcobra22  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:01 AM

It's best to keep this page bookmarked. Or if you go to the Network settings on the One, it'll show something similar.

http://support.xbox....box-live-status

Affected services:
  • Accessing or retrieving data stored using cloud storage
  • Joining other Xbox Live members in online games
  • Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing
  • Sending text messages to other Xbox Live members
  • Unlocking achievements
  • Viewing achievements

11/18/2014 7:54:58 PM CST:

Are you experiencing issues on Live with features such as matchmaking, adding or viewing Friends, Messaging, and Achievements? Our team is engaged and working hard to get everything resolved. Thanks for your patience while we get this worked out. We'll update you again in 30 minutes.

#447 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6601 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

Oh boy....

#448 RBK  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:22 AM

Already stated this, but MM really isn't that bad.  This is nowhere near Gears 2 levels.

#449 AngryDragon888   9 Toes 3 Balls CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

AngryDragon888

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

I just got a refund from Microsoft on this game. I do not have the money or time to waste on a broken game. I am a pretty patient and understanding person, but this is ridiculous. Nothing has improved for me since launch day. I have literally prob played 2 or 3 MP games that were not uneven or broken in some way.

This is the first game I have ever even attempted to return...so I'm not "that guy" who goes crazy and tries to return everything he does not like. In addition, I am a huge halo and xbox fan. I have bought both Xboxes day one and all variations of halo on day one. I was super excited for this game, so I am very disappointed to say the least. Maybe one day everything will be fixed and I will be back.

#450 BxJoka814  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

I just got a refund from Microsoft on this game. I do not have the money or time to waste on a broken game. I am a pretty patient and understanding person, but this is ridiculous. Nothing has improved for me since launch day. I have literally prob played 2 or 3 MP games that were not uneven or broken in some way.

This is the first game I have ever even attempted to return...so I'm not "that guy" who goes crazy and tries to return everything he does not like. In addition, I am a huge halo and xbox fan. I have bought both Xboxes day one and all variations of halo on day one. I was super excited for this game, so I am very disappointed to say the least. Maybe one day everything will be fixed and I will be back.

You returned it to the MS store?