* * * * * 1 votes

CAGcast #366: Smart Shoes

#31 Dr Killotron   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Dr Killotron

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

Some great points about kinect.  I never saw it as being a gaming device (though my daughter is looking forward to fantasia) but as a way for MS integrate all their multimedia ambitions with a new an initiative way to move through & interact with content.  But a non-kinect SKU will help them pick up sales in north america and be of enormous benefit in the remaining launch countries.  I still love my kinect though.  I hope more companies use & improve on MS's vision.. including MS as well, in this generation and the next.

As always, fantastic show.  Thank you for another episode.  It's not the same without wombat, but with two kids of my own I can understand and sympathize.  Hope to hear him for the whole run next week.

#32 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

don't know if you guys already knew but failed to mention, but Xbox live Games with Gold will now be just like the free games on PS+

In other words.. you can only play them as long as you are a gold member. you will lose them if your xbox live subscription runs out.

Only on the Xbox One.

On the 360 you still get to keep your games.  They clearly don't have the technical ability to restrict game access on the old console.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#33 cthomer5000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   420 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

cthomer5000

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:08 AM

Shipwreck's Watch Dogs versions tweet seriously rippled all over the place. I saw multiple news stories, the Idle Thumbs podcast had a very lengthy and funny discussion (first topic on the show last week). The Player One Podcast also briefly talked about. It was pretty much everywhere I was looking/listening. Good work, Ship! 

#34 Nohbdy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2212 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

why is ANYONE making games for theses new consoles?

What's the point of buying them if you can't use them as intended?

#35 Jasper Kazai   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Jasper Kazai

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

Seeing Cheapy play the Bioshock Inifnite DLC on Steam and seeing him earning achievements in my feed reminded me I had started Ep1 but hadn't finished it yet, so I went and played it myself. Finished that and now playing Ep2, which is better, but makes me wish its stealth mechanics were present in all of the Bioshock games. I played all 3 Bioshock games in this past year, and throughout all of them I had been wishing I could properly stealth in certain situations.

Didn't know Shipwreck was the "source" of the Watch_Dogs chart info spreading. I saw his tweet, but I didn't know that was what started it.

#36 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

The Stealth/crossbow stuff in Episode 2 seemed directly lifted from Dishonored, so I guess the Bioshock designers had to play that game first.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#37 namrog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

CAGcast: now with 66% less Wombat.

Can't say I'm complaining.

I really don't understand the thought process some people have. If you don't like Wombat, why even listen to the podcast? Why comment in the podcast thread? Do you also go to concerts so you can tell the bands that you don't like them?

I really, really don't get it.

#38 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58085 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:35 AM

It's entertaining listening to Cheapy and Shipwreck give the Amplitude Kickstarter no chance to succeed. 

You read it. You can't unread it.

11th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Sign-up Before 3/19 @ 12:15 PM ET

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#39 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   928 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

It's entertaining listening to Cheapy and Shipwreck give the Amplitude Kickstarter no chance to succeed. 

I don't really have much interest in Amplitude, or any Kickstarter for that matter, but I think listening to their predictions on almost anything is hilarious, especially with Shipwreck. Keep in mind he is the same guy that predicted the WiiU would sell like hotcakes and would be THE gift this past holiday season. 

Whatever happened to the analyst prediction segment? Did they drop it because the predictions were so horribly wrong, espceially those from Shipwreck?

Also, please tell me those "Shipwreck is always right" comments they make constantly is sarcasm?

Let's go O's!

#40 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7509 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

Keep in mind he is the same guy that predicted the WiiU would sell like hotcakes and would be THE gift this past holiday season.

I don't remember saying that. I may have said it in 2012, but I don't know why I would have said it for 2013.

I'm happy for Harmonix that they are going to meet their goal. It didn't look likely last week to anyone.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image