Borderlands 2 Vita Bundle ~$140 on from Amazon Sellers

Wow, that is cheap.  Is there anything about getting one from Japan that would make this an issue?  I know the media is not region protected, but how about anything I might not be thinking about?

I caved and went for the cheapest one with a few good ratings. Even if it turns out to be the basic Vita from Japan, for $138, I'll take it. 

I thought a lot of them were scam accounts?

Also, I believe it was Eld, who mentioned that if you order from these since international shipping and customs take awhile, if there is an issue with he seller it will most likely pass the period in which you can file a claim

read the desciptions people most of those in the item description even straight up say they are the JAPANESE VERSIONS not the US Versions. A lot of them Also stated they sell in there own stores and online other places and they even if you order it could be sold to someone else and your order canceled and lots of other warning signs. and one even advertised it as "BLAND NEW"

No flied lice, no deal. Can we just post whatever "deals" we want now? Seems like 50% of new threads now are deals taken from other threads, or just total shit.

Praystation Viter, with real Somy guts!  

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone remember the cheap vitas on ebay deal with the vitas shipped from japan and china and people jumped all over it then spent a month disputing and other hassles after prolonged shipping time and in the end only recieved a rock and some cases a coin and I think ebay didn't side with some people and protected the seller instead. I imagine a repeat of that with this

Frankly a spelling error would be the least of my worries (they are Japanese after all. How many of you can say "brand new" correctly in Japanese? Now write it correctly too. None of you? Go figure.)

But that said, amazon is pretty good (maybe too good) about siding with the buyer. I thikk the claim period is 90 days too. I'm not going to order one, but it might be ok... Too bad the guy who ordered one can't report back, but it might be a while til it arrives!

It shouldn't matter that these are Japanese as long as you can switch them to English and get on the American PSN, which I'm 96% sure you can. The other 4% is pooping, as I'm on the toilet tapping this out. Grunt.

Frankly a spelling error would be the least of my worries (they are Japanese after all. How many of you can say "brand new" correctly in Japanese? Now write it correctly too. None of you? Go figure.)

But that said, amazon is pretty good (maybe too good) about siding with the buyer. I thikk the claim period is 90 days too. I'm not going to order one, but it might be ok... Too bad the guy who ordered one can't report back, but it might be a while til it arrives!

It shouldn't matter that these are Japanese as long as you can switch them to English and get on the American PSN, which I'm 96% sure you can. The other 4% is pooping, as I'm on the toilet tapping this out. Grunt.

You have to wait for the estimated delivery date to expire before filing a claim with Amazon right? At least that is my current experience as I have a buyer who never shipped a game I purchased and I can't file a claim until next week since that is the latest it was expected to arrive.

In the case where this is an international purchase you might not be able to open a claim for upwards of a month......

I can't believe how many fools there are today that hide behind the "derrr.... buyer protection... derrrr" clause.

Thanks for making everything else more expensive for the rest of us that have common sense.

Guidelines for the A to Z claim are:

You can file a claim when all of the following applies:
1) You have contacted the third-party seller through Your Account.

2) You have waited two business days for a response.

3) Your request meets one of our A-to-z Guarantee conditions below.

A) The third-party seller failed to deliver the item by 3 days past the maximum estimated delivery date or 30 days from the order date, whichever is sooner.

B) The item you received was damaged, defective, or materially different from the item represented on the product detail page.

C) The third-party seller agreed that they'd refund you, and they either haven't refunded you at all or the refund is in the wrong amount.  Note: If you refuse the package and the return does not have tracking information, your claim may not be covered.

D) You were not satisfied with the quality of the eligible service performed by the third-party seller.

Last edited by a moderator:
And just because you can file an A to Z claim doesn't mean that scammers don't know how to get away with it around Amazon's rules.

Why do we think these guys are scammers, exactly? (Again, not that I plan to order one, so I'm not sure why I care!)
New account, low number of sales/feedback, international account, price significantly lower then MSRP. You see it all the time.

Used to be a rash of new account sellers on eBay selling just released games for between $25-$35 and all were scams. They'd sell 30+ copies in an hour before the listing got taken down

In my experience as a 3rd party seller on Amazon, it takes Amazon 2 to 3 weeks to put the funds in your bank account.  The buyer could still be waiting for the product to deliver and the "international" seller could take the money and run, unless there's something I am missing.

New account, low number of sales/feedback, international account, price significantly lower then MSRP. You see it all the time.

Used to be a rash of new account sellers on eBay selling just released games for between $25-$35 and all were scams. They'd sell 30+ copies in an hour before the listing got taken down
Plus they're being shipped from overseas (probably HK) and I don't think the bundle actually exists in Japan anyway.

In my experience as a 3rd party seller on Amazon, it takes Amazon 2 to 3 weeks to put the funds in your bank account. The buyer could still be waiting for the product to deliver and the "international" seller could take the money and run, unless there's something I am missing.
you right on. it is paid every two weeks. So after 2 weeks the seller can take the money & leave while you are forced to wait 4 weeks (a month) before able to file a case. If it a scam the seller got a two week head start on you and could be long gone.

you right on. it is paid every two weeks. So after 2 weeks the seller can take the money & leave while you are forced to wait 4 weeks (a month) before able to file a case. If it a scam the seller got a two week head start on you and could be long gone.
Yep. Even if you get your money back in the end the scammers still win.

Yep. Even if you get your money back in the end the scammers still win.
and also this bundle was never ever released in Japan. It was released here to generate interest in the New Designed Vita for sales. Since Japan already had the model for a little while longer and also they have it in 6 different available colors. This bundle was a North America Bundle Design to try to drive Sales up for the Vita Market here.

Although the "bland new" spelling error seems more likely one a Japanese-speaker would make, but I don't know a whole lot about Hong Kong (except not to buy stuff from there).

Although the "bland new" spelling error seems more likely one a Japanese-speaker would make, but I don't know a whole lot about Hong Kong (except not to buy stuff from there).
I said that because that's where one of the "Japanese" sellers actually said it would ship from in the description.

bread's done
Back