* * * - - 4 votes

GameStop Mario Kart 8 Demo Test Drive Days 5/17-5/18 Pre-Order & Get Free Mario Kart 8 Double Sided Poster & Play the Demo

gamestop mario kart 8 pre order demo wii u nintendo mario

#61 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

To those of you who got a first party Nintendo game on the cheap, I think the counter point some were trying to make, was that you were essentially lucky. First party games pretty much always hold their initial MSRP value unless Nintendo adds them to the 'Select' titles. Sales are pretty rare. If you want to hold out for a one, you may be waiting a while.

I went to GS yesterday to see if there were any posters left, which I was told there weren't, but going back through this thread it sounds like there was never any clarity about if you got the poster for pre-ordering over the weekend or if you just pre-order in general and get your poster on release day. Anyways the store I went to yesterday was dead so I played one race and loved what I played. I could've played as long as I wanted but I want to wait until I get it home to experience more tracks.

#62 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

To those of you who got a first party Nintendo game on the cheap, I think the counter point some were trying to make, was that you were essentially lucky. First party games pretty much always hold their initial MSRP value unless Nintendo adds them to the 'Select' titles. Sales are pretty rare. If you want to hold out for a one, you may be waiting a while.

I went to GS yesterday to see if there were any posters left, which I was told there weren't, but going back through this thread it sounds like there was never any clarity about if you got the poster for pre-ordering over the weekend or if you just pre-order in general and get your poster on release day. Anyways the store I went to yesterday was dead so I played one race and loved what I played. I could've played as long as I wanted but I want to wait until I get it home to experience more tracks.

I don't know, they've never had a console perform the way the Wii U is so "pretty much always" (oxymoron btw) may not apply.  Hell they're about to release their biggest game on the console and it's got a $10 gift card + a free game at Best Buy.  That's a really good deal and you don't even need to wait.  Hell, most people wait for $30, this is a net price of $25 per game.

If the Wii U is just like every previous console, I'd like to know which of the last Mario Kart games could be purchased the day it came out and Nintendo would throw in another game FREE and you could get a $10 gift card to boot.  Hell, forget the gift card, when was the last time they gave a pretty big title away free with the purchase of their biggest release the day it came out?  I don't recall this EVER happening.

#63 TheCochese   I make things out of wood CAGiversary!   12453 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

I don't know, they've never had a console perform the way the Wii U is so "pretty much always" (oxymoron btw) may not apply.  Hell they're about to release their biggest game on the console and it's got a $10 gift card + a free game at Best Buy.  That's a really good deal and you don't even need to wait.  Hell, most people wait for $30, this is a net price of $25 per game.

If the Wii U is just like every previous console, I'd like to know which of the last Mario Kart games could be purchased the day it came out and Nintendo would throw in another game FREE and you could get a $10 gift card to boot.  Hell, forget the gift card, when was the last time they gave a pretty big title away free with the purchase of their biggest release the day it came out?  I don't recall this EVER happening.

You have to take in consideration the difference between $10 off and a $10 GC. It's the same type of promotion retailers use to get around the Apple price points - no direct sales on the product, but incentives the other way. The free game is a bit of an 'all in' approach that Nintendo is making to accede your point. You may see more of these approaches than discounting the titles directly. Gives a better impression.

#64 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2622 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

I keep coming into this thread expecting that the promotion was extended but nope, just aftershocks from rcerboss's douchequake.

#65 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes   All you need is lo-, er, Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings CAGiversary!   3479 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

Can I still do this?

C5CU5yg.gif?1efPcwsX.gifj5IniQc.gif

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gamestop, mario kart 8, pre order, demo, wii u, nintendo, mario