* * * * * 3 votes

BB Watch_Dogs Collectors Edition Guide $10.99 with preorder of game!

Watch_dogs best buy guide collectors edition.

#1 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

So BB currently has a couple promos for their guides and they can stack. 40% off all guides and if you preorder Watch_Dogs, you get $10 off the guide.

As you can see it brings it down to $10.99 total. Not bad at all! I already preordered the game from them. So I put in a second preorder. Will just cancel the first one when I pick it up in store on release.

image.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.c...1&type=category
bleedingwicked.png

#2 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   23487 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

Thanks, but you might want to edit the thread title to reflect that you need to preorder the game to get it down to $10.99, and that it's $20.99 otherwise.

Cloud_Squall78.pngsuper-smash-bros-ike.jpg
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Bloodborne; FF Type-0 HD :vita: Tales of Hearts R [NG+]

Last Beaten/Completed Game [3/29]:  :vita: Tennis in the Face (4.0/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3 eXiON   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Thanks OP, canceled my order and re-purchased. Great deal!

#4 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAG Veteran   585 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

Thanks, ordered the game (ps4) and the guide, total came out to $60ish after 20% GCU.

Game looks like ass though:

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.pnggalley2_th.png

#5 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

Thanks OP, canceled my order and re-purchased. Great deal!

Thought about doing that. But I originally bought the game online with a gift card and don't have it anymore. Any idea how I'd get it back?
bleedingwicked.png

#6 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   12419 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

The 15% off doesn't stack with both deals

Edited by starmask2k3, 18 May 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#7 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Thought about doing that. But I originally bought the game online with a gift card and don't have it anymore. Any idea how I'd get it back?

You have to call them and they mail you a new one.

3ds120.gif Pokemon Omega Ruby  :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: The Hungry Horde

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: Skylanders Swap Force  :ps3: Valkyria Chronicles :hot:

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps3: Uncharted
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#8 ck0  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Bleeding.  Saved me $5.

#9 ck0  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Game looks like ass though:

You judged the game based off beta gameplay, at 480p resolution, of a player that has no clue how to play the game?

The beta is stripped down.  There aren't even any enemy guards in the open world.

#10 eXiON   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

You could do what Eld suggested, they should fix it for you and send you a new gc in the mail. But personally I'd do what you planned to do initially (cancel it in-store). Saves you some time from having to call and wait for the gc to arrive.

#11 Flacksguy  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Pre-Ordered a copy for the guide.
I will return the game and wait for a price drop. It's an Ubisoft game, no way am I buying it at launch.

I actually wasn't even going to get the guide.
I feel like we've been hearing about this game for so damn long, I'm sick and tired of it already. But I wasn't passing on an $11 CE game guide.

#12 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Pre-Ordered a copy for the guide.
I will return the game and wait for a price drop. It's an Ubisoft game, no way am I buying it at launch.
I actually wasn't even going to get the guide.
I feel like we've been hearing about this game for so damn long, I'm sick and tired of it already. But I wasn't passing on an $11 CE game guide.

Your spot on about not passing on a cheap guide. I remember getting the Dark Souls guide for $11 that sold for a decent amount. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it will let you keep the price $10.99, if you return the game though.

It would be like trying to return a game from a buy2get1free promo. On the receipt it will most likely lower the price of the game and keep the guide the same price.
bleedingwicked.png

#13 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   1870 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

I actually preordered when they had some kind of discount before on guides, but this saved me another $4. Thanks OP!

#14 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   869 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Great deal! Thanks! It's nice getting the game and a collector's edition guide for less than the retail price of the game!

#15 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8702 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

well I think this seals the deal on a BB preorder for me now and I'll cancel my Amazon one.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#16 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   2755 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

I actually preordered when they had some kind of discount before on guides, but this saved me another $4. Thanks OP!

Yeah i have it preordered too for the same reason. It was another get the guide half off when buying a game.

#17 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAG Veteran   585 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

You judged the game based off beta gameplay, at 480p resolution, of a player that has no clue how to play the game?

The beta is stripped down.  There aren't even any enemy guards in the open world.

Even so, the gameplay/movement looks janky. It looks like the repetitive missions of asscreed with the boring shooting/combat of gta. For one of the most hyped games of nextgen, this looks tedious. I'm getting in on this deal but my cyberpunk hopes have been deflated. And eww 30 fps even on ps4 sucks. I loved Infamous at 40-45fps most of the game. It was really smooth and I never used the 30 fps option.

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.pnggalley2_th.png

#18 dreamer131313   Has been playing Dying Light
XONE

dreamer131313

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

Your spot on about not passing on a cheap guide. I remember getting the Dark Souls guide for $11 that sold for a decent amount. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it will let you keep the price $10.99, if you return the game though.

It would be like trying to return a game from a buy2get1free promo. On the receipt it will most likely lower the price of the game and keep the guide the same price.

is there a reason that dark souls guide is so expensive? Your post just reminded me I have like 3 unopened copies still I got for $5 at GameStop about two years ago lol

#19 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   1861 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

Same author as fallout and skyrim guides.

#20 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8702 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

I wonder if this would stack with the welcome coupon for GCU that gives half off a strategy guide.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#21 dreamer131313   Has been playing Dying Light
XONE

dreamer131313

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

I wonder if this would stack with the welcome coupon for GCU that gives half off a strategy guide.

no it wouldn't. cause the half off strategy guide GCU Welcome coupon can be used IN-STORE only not online. And the strategy guide isn't in store yet and listed as preorder.

#22 Flacksguy  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Same author as fallout and skyrim guides.

Didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing that out oregon.
Hodgson is the best in the business. His guides are outstanding. Really glad Best Buy came out with this deal now.

#23 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:58 AM

Didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing that out oregon.
Hodgson is the best in the business. His guides are outstanding. Really glad Best Buy came out with this deal now.

Pretty sure after the patches for Dark Souls, all the stats in the guide are all wrong. Of coarse I never played Dark Souls personally, so that's just from what I heard online.
bleedingwicked.png

#24 StealOfADeal   It's a S-O-A-D! CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

StealOfADeal

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

I'm gonna wait to grab this on the PS4 when I buy it around christmas (waiting for good bundle deals, been saving up, got enough now... but my ps3 backlog.....) .. this and the new UFC game (since its next-gen only) are the 2 games I'm excited for.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#25 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'm gonna wait to grab this on the PS4 when I buy it around christmas (waiting for good bundle deals, been saving up, got enough now... but my ps3 backlog.....) .. this and the new UFC game (since its next-gen only) are the 2 games I'm excited for.

Your going to buy the guide around Christmas?
bleedingwicked.png

#26 loudlyrandomplay   I just win. Banned   321 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

loudlyrandomplay

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

Does this guide come with a time machine back to where paper guides were needed and everything wasn't online and/or where collectible guides were worth something?

#27 Makarov   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

Ugh someone always has to chime in that the internet makes printed guides obsolete.  People like them, the end. 

This is a good deal but not the type of game I like to get printed guides for. 

#28 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1822 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

Does this guide come with a time machine back to where paper guides were needed and everything wasn't online and/or where collectible guides were worth something?

Buying a guide is similar to getting a limited/collector's edition of a game.  Ultimately, the value is certainly questionable, but it's fun to own and fun to look at.  Personally, I like looking at guides simply for things like artwork and other general information that I might not have looked up on the internet.  If I need specific help, i'll often actually look it up on the internet even if I have a guide simply because it might be easier to find or have multiple valid answers.  I view guides as something closer to art books than actual practical reference material.

All that being said, I've actually started avoiding guides simply due to space and cost issues.  This deal is tempting, but not enough for me to go through the hassle of canceling my existing order, etc.

#29 LoveAndBeer   AKA: jstew9 CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for the info submitter!

I enjoy getting the collector's guides, and $11 on release day made it easy.   Just cancelled my old PO and reorderd.

The battle's done, and we kind of won, so we sound our victory cheer

#30 ShadowMillions   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ShadowMillions

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Thanks for this!

I was already preordering from them, with $10 credit and Gamer's Unlocked it seemed like the best place to do so, and this only made it better since I had a $5 rewards credit, so for $6, why not?

Canceled and replaced order, thanks!

:newbie:
Join SwagBucks! Earn up to $25 Amazon credit a month! http://www.swagbucks.../ShadowMillions

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Watch_dogs, best buy, guide, collectors edition.