Win $50 in free games - Including Spark Rising!

JohnMasterLee

CAGiversary!
Here's a fun promo that'll help me come up with some new ideas for some map designs!

I just launched my game Spark Rising on Steam Early Access! So... please buy!

Or you can win a free copy. Plus a bunch of other games. $50 worth. Just leave a comment below answering the below question.

Here's how: I need some ideas for new map designs for the game. In Spark Rising - Think of it as Minecraft + Star Wars Battlefront - you can create your own maps and share them. So we wanted to create a new map based on your feedback.

So what's the criteria to making a wicked cool map? Something that makes you go "I want that!" Duh. Something controversial, trendy, or nostalgic, visually wow wow, or a particularly hot genre... or all of this!

Some of the ideas tossed around, but we want to hear more!

• Recreate the level from Donkey Kong
  • A battle inside the giant tree from Avatar
  • A remake of Retro Rising Rampage, a demo we created a while back
  • Battle on the back of a giant flying turtle, Gamera style
  • Inside the Death Star
  • Zombies!

RULES: This promo is open to everyone. One entry per person. Only one winner randomly selected. These games are for PC and you must have Steam access. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think remaking the Jurassic Park island would be intense and really cool! A battle with all the dinosaurs around sounds amazing to me

Since you mentioned that it's a Battlefront style game, I thought why not mention one of my favourite maps ever, which is Hoth from the original Battlefront. The vastness of the map and the rush of the control points all made the map feel very epic and cinematic like a real battle. It's not particular visually beautiful or amazing, but it's simplicity is also what made the map so engaging; just a huge plain of snow with the massive AT-ATs patrolling and the rebel T-47 airspeeders. It also does invoke much nostalgia for many I'm sure, both who played Battlefront and those who watched A New Hope.

Pac-Man's 1st level, in a 1st person perspective = awesome. Have it so that you can kinda step on small stools next to the different pac-man "walls" to look overhead.

A flipped upside down map(maybe inverted controls as well), just want to see something out of the ordinary.

Superspeed map also would be pretty funny.

Pac-Man's 1st level, in a 1st person perspective = awesome. Have it so that you can kinda step on small stools next to the different pac-man "walls" to look overhead.
This is kind of a cool idea. I worked another indie game called Munch Face which was inspired by Pac-Man, and always thought it would be cool to convert the engine to a voxel game engine so that you can build your own mazes and destroy it as you play as well.

bread's done
Back