Walmart Father's Day Steelbooks and Metalpaks

Dawg Pound

CAGiversary!
[attachment=5104:Father's Day Steelbooks.jpg]

Obviously more to be stocked, but most of those were just regular blu rays.  There was a WWZ steelbook place as well as a Star Trek I believe, although I might be mistaken.  I got a few at $12.96 a piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really only want Saving Private Ryan, but I'd want behind the scenes stuff. Heard it's only a single so no extras.

The Universal ones feel really cheap and they damage insanely easy. You breathe the wrong way around one and it scratches.

In for the Scott Pilgrim Steelbook. $15 for Blu/DVD/Digital/UV in a Steelbook format is nice...but hell be damned that I can't find a Walmart.com listing for the $12.97 pricing of it...may have to bite for $15 if BB can't make out the Steelbook legibly enough in that photo on the main page.

I would rather have the JP Steelbook Best Buy had way back when
You mean the stupid G1 steelbook that feels like it'll break if you set it down wrong? Yeah I have it and while it is pretty nice the fact that it is G1 and that is is pretty flimsy is a good reason not to get it I guess. It is nice though.

I should make my own topic for this question, but I'll put it here instead:

What would all of the insane Steelbook collectors do if Steelbook became the new standard for every BD released from here on out?

(I was going to say die-hard Steelbook collectors, but that's an entirely separate thing that already exists)

What would all of the insane Steelbook collectors do if Steelbook became the new standard for every BD released from here on out?

(I was going to say die-hard Steelbook collectors, but that's an entirely separate thing that already exists)
I'd be happier, then I wouldn't have to hunt down and over-pay for the ones I actually want.

Stop buying movies.

One this will never happen. It would cost the studios to much to make these and then they would have to offset the cost by charging higher prices. Then, if they did go this route they would all be matted or flat with no inner art to also save on cost. Forget about even seeing embossing again cost.

Oooh... must have the Scott Pilgrim one!

I'll check out my Walmarts tomorrow, thanks OP!
I got a PM with the image above from my phone. $12.96 at BB for Blu/DVD/DC/UV in nifty steely form. And it feels the same quality as they had for the Hunger Games steelbooks. Reasonable.

Didn't Wally World have these last father's day?  Maybe not father's day but I know they had them last summer.  I was going to pick some up then but passed, then last BF they had them mixed in and got a couple for $5 a pop.

Correction, they had most of them last year.  I do see a couple of new ones.

Didn't Wally World have these last father's day? Maybe not father's day but I know they had them last summer. I was going to pick some up then but passed, then last BF they had them mixed in and got a couple for $5 a pop.

Correction, they had most of them last year. I do see a couple of new ones.
I'm pretty sure they always have a blu ray sale at this time of year, $5 apiece IIRC. I've gotten some good deals out of it. I don't remember them ever doing steelbooks like this before though.

Didn't Wally World have these last father's day? Maybe not father's day but I know they had them last summer. I was going to pick some up then but passed, then last BF they had them mixed in and got a couple for $5 a pop.

Correction, they had most of them last year. I do see a couple of new ones.
Yeah, it was like over the summer or something like you said. Maybe Fall...but yeah these are pretty much the same titles from the last time they rolled these out. I think there's a thread here about it too.

Be nice if they got the anchor bay ones. Would love the Evil Dead one. Of the new Universal ones the only one that really interests me is Jurassic Park. Nothing at my local walmart yet though

Went by the other night and they had stocked the empty spots with more steels/metalpaks.  New to the shelf was Law Abiding Citizen, Terminator Judgement Day, World War Z, Star Trek, Pulp Fiction, Django Unchained and First Blood.

It's not just Wal-Mart, the steels are everywhere. They're $9.99 at Moviestop. Some of these (Lebowsk, Pilgrim) were part of wave one in late 2012.. surprised they're still around, to be honest

http://www.frys.com/search?plusearch=8034764%208034744%208034734%208034724%208034694%208034664%208034654%208034614&site:p22_FRI&date=051614

List:

Wanted

King Kong

Jurassic Park

Bourne Identity

Bourne Supremacy

Bourne Ultimatum

The Blues Brothers

The Fast and the Furious
Since I have the Best Buy FF 6-pack steelbooks, Target Bourne 1-3 steelbooks and Best Buy JP Trilogy steelbook, it looks like it's just King Kong, Blues Brothers and Wanted for me. Nice find @ $9.99 each.

bread's done
Back