Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Select games @ Target (YMMV?)

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
Just got back from trading in some games at Target and was told & shown the printout stating that all the games with a Price Sticker & Barcode on the front of the case (see picture below) are Buy 1 Get 1 Free.  I did not read the fine print to see when the promotion ends, but it seems like a great deal as there are some pretty good games in the selection.

Photo Courtesy of Shipwreck (though im a bit worried about the games on his racks not having the barcodes on front)

Bn8tUimIEAAhmY5.jpg

Example of sticker:

Receipt Proof:

A main reason I put the YMMV tag in the title is that 3 of the stores I've been to keep all of the "specially marked" games in the back room gathering dust, so unless you have a DCPI, theres no way to tell what games they have for sale.  Each store that actually put them on the shelf has had around 50-100 titles, all varying and across 360, Ps3, Wii, Vita, DS, 3DS and PSP.

*EDIT* Removed "holiday 2013" branding as it was causing confusion.  Just calling them "specially marked" since its easier to summarize.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a big head scratcher for me.  Why would pokemon be considered a holiday game?  Yes without a DCPI how can one tell if COD:G is a holiday game vs GT6?

id make a stop and see what this is, but i have no idea what a holiday game is, unless it was games that went on sale for black friday and such.

What Vita game did you get for free?  I picked up a 2DS recently but only have a couple of DS games someone lent me for it. 

If Lugi's Mansion: Dark Moon was one of the Holiday games I would get that and maybe a game for my Vita.

It's probably a certain SKU number assigned to a group of games that was specially priced just for the holidays. I haven't worked retail for many years, but many stores will resticker some items and sell them under a different SKU (the Best Buy holiday dump bin games, for example).

Sorry for the confusion. While "Holiday 2013" is not the proper term for the games, they were games that were shipped specifically to Targets during the Holidays in 2013.  Unlike the other retailers that all got stocked with games that max out at $19.99, the ones Target received go all the way up to $40.  I went ahead and changed the OP to say "Specially marked" to avoid any confusion.

Each store that actually put them on the shelf has had around 50-100 titles, all varying and across 360, Ps3, Wii, Vita, DS, 3DS and PSP.  

The vita game I picked up was Dungeon Hunter Alliance, which I mainly got because there was nothing else I wanted.  Metal Gear HD Collection for Vita was another game I also picked up previously that was part of this same shipment.

The vita game I picked up was Dungeon Hunter Alliance, which I mainly got because there was nothing else I wanted. Metal Gear HD Collection for Vita was another game I also picked up previously that was part of this same shipment.
I almost grabbed the digital download version of Metal Gear HD for $10.79 on PSN. So I would be ok with that as my free game. Thanks.

Mine had a similar endcap area, but the games were rather varied and didn't really have a unified theme. I grabbed Rayman Origins fit the Wii and Mass Effect 3 CE for the 360 (just because WTF was it doing there) for $20 to finish off my credit from their trade in deal.

Im at the target at logan square chicago and didnt see anyyhing thanks anyways OP

Now to find me some condoms since im here

The "Holiday 2013" games are ones they basically shipped to the stores to sell as stocking stuffer type games. Usually more in the way of budget games. My guess is look for a white sticker with UPC on the front. These were not typically put in the glass prisons.

Most of these games had a new barcode that was put over the original barcode. The sticker prices in the op are the ones they can print in store. Usually you put those when the barcode isnt recognized and gives the cashier something to scan. Good find regardless op.

Just saw this in Mich. I got Dark Souls 360 and PS3 Ducktales Remaster for $20.00. Ducktales I dont think was supposed to be their but since their was 4 copies in that area he gave it to me free.

They had: Jax collection PS3, Newer Ratchet and Clank, and quite a few others if I remember

I can confirm I saw this in Michigan as well.  It was a whole section of the aisle labeled as "Videogaming" that's basically overflow.  Most of it was the sort of stuff that they likely got excess in for the holidays.  Was tempted to pickup Fuse and Hitman Trilogy but the later was $30 and there wasn't anything else that interested me at $20 to go with Fuse.

Just updated the OP that apparently CAGcast's Shipwreck's store has the display full of games that dont even have the front barcodes w/ the prices on them, so it really is a random assortment.

I saw it. Nothing of worth really. Just full price shovelware for sale for DS and 3DS and then some 2 or 3 year old Xbox and PS3 games. 

Just saw this in Mich. I got Dark Souls 360 and PS3 Ducktales Remaster for $20.00. Ducktales I dont think was supposed to be their but since their was 4 copies in that area he gave it to me free.

They had: Jax collection PS3, Newer Ratchet and Clank, and quite a few others if I remember
Did they have a sticker on the barcode according to the op? Or did it ring up by it self? Because the games sound like the list from $19.99 on the shelf like the pre-owned games that were $12.99

I got Tales of the Abyss and Gran Turismo 6 from this deal. I'm not sure if GT6 was supposed to be included but they did an override.

One store - nothing marked... The other - 3 racks on games 12 full shelves and a wall like e OP saw. Probably 200 games... May have to crash back in and check the list today when I have time.

The sticker is a little white sticker with a DCPI code and a price. No barcode.

Anything from 49.99 games to the pack games (bioshock Infinite/Skyrim, rock star games collection 4 pack, borderlands 2/dishonored pack) for ps3 and 360. Tons of wii and ds. Geez.

There seem to be some not meant to be in there (Tales of Symphona Chronocles has no sticker, but it's on the shelf)...

I just got back from my local Target.  A bit after all the TIV went to pot.

There was a section of these games.  No stick or anything special on the front of the games.  Mostly DS and some 3DS stuff.  Nothing I wanted though.   A few games thrown in there for PS3 or XBox360 that probably didn't belong.  

I went to Target this morning and didn't see any at mine in South Bend, IN.

I did, however, see some $20 Steam cards for $18.  So there's that.

Grabbed :ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw and :vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus for $19.99. Also grabbed two games on clearance and they did an override so I got one free.

I saw these deals.  They had lots of items that did not belong.  I just took them to the scanner and scanned them.  If they are part of the deal than the right of the screen will read "Special Offer" when you scan it when the price comes up.  If it reads "Expect More, Pay Less" than it is not part of the deal.  But if you feel like arguing because they have them mixed in go for it, you should get the game.  Do not know why they don't post this better.

I got two games each from two different Targets in DFW.  Deadpool, Hitman Absolution, Halo Reach and Dead Space 3 for $10 each.  Didn't ring up at either store, had to be entered manually.

So is I guess if your store doesn't have the signage it doesn't exist? my store has an edcap with marked down games: Portal 2 (10$)/ REMEMBER ME ($5 ) but no end cap saying B1G1 Free

This is nationwide, so no YMMV.  However, the sign may not be display in your store. The planogram where the signing belongs contains games that's not part of this promo, so most *smart* stores wouldn't put it up. Otherwise it will lead to someone getting a over ride on a game(s) that isn't in this promo.  Theres plenty of game that's apart of the promo, all discontinued & most in the stockroom. Here's the notable ones I found, a lot of shovel ware tho. 

Games apart of the promo;  

MGS: HD Collection (Vita) $29.99

Dead or Alive 5 (360) $9.99

Dead or Alive 5+ (Vita) $19.99

Animal Crossing: City Folk $19.99

Professor Layton: Last Specter $29.99 

Fossil Fighters Championship $29.99

Mario & Luigi: Browser inside Story 

Professor Layton Unwound Future

Ninja Gaiden (Vita)

Resistance (Vita)

Smart As 

Unit 13

Soul Sacrifice 

Rayman Legends (Vita)

God of War Acension CE $79.99

*we continue to add them once i remember them all lol. 

Is there anyway that i can get this pomotion even they didn't display the sign? I live in CA, and didn't see this pomotion in 4 stores near me.

Is there anyway that i can get this pomotion even they didn't display the sign? I live in CA, and didn't see this pomotion in 4 stores near me.
Just take the titles you are interested in to a scanner and scan them. When the price pops up, look on the right side of the screen to see if it reads "Special Promotion", if it reads that than it is part of the deal. It should be nationwide, if the right reads "Expect More, Pay Less" or any other dumb thing than it is not part of the promo.

Thanks op. Just scored some acreed 3 les that have sat around forever. This is def a super secret under the radar hush and a wink deal. Need a more complete list!

ditto, i plan on getting a new 3ds this afternoon from radioshack, with their clearance of old consoles, was wondering what list might be up for 3ds titles.

i didnt see anything at my local target, so they probably didnt display the sign.

This is nationwide, so no YMMV. However, the sign may not be display in your store. The planogram where the signing belongs contains games that's not part of this promo, so most *smart* stores wouldn't put it up. Otherwise it will lead to someone getting a over ride on a game(s) that isn't in this promo. Theres plenty of game that's apart of the promo, all discontinued & most in the stockroom. Here's the notable ones I found, a lot of shovel ware tho.

Games apart of the promo;
MGS: HD Collection (Vita) $29.99
Dead or Alive 5 (360) $9.99
Dead or Alive 5+ (Vita) $19.99
Animal Crossing: City Folk $19.99
Professor Layton: Last Specter $29.99
Fossil Fighters Championship $29.99
Mario & Luigi: Browser inside Story
Professor Layton Unwound Future
Ninja Gaiden (Vita)
Resistance (Vita)
Smart As
Unit 13
Soul Sacrifice
Rayman Legends (Vita)
God of War Acension CE $79.99
*we continue to add them once i remember them all lol.
Do you happen to have the pog number? I want to look this up

Said it wasn't going on at my store in Vancouver, WA. They had the usual shelf of value games for $19, however there was no BOGO sign, and things didnt ring up as special promotions.

Just take the titles you are interested in to a scanner and scan them. When the price pops up, look on the right side of the screen to see if it reads "Special Promotion", if it reads that than it is part of the deal. It should be nationwide, if the right reads "Expect More, Pay Less" or any other dumb thing than it is not part of the promo.
THX!

My store has no signs, but some of the games ring up "special promotion" However Hitman trilogy at $40 has nothing special about it.......

bread's done
Back