Steel Diver - Nintendo 3DS $4.99 @ Best Buy

In the Nintendo e-Shop there is a free demo of this.  I played it earlier (since it was a free demo) before even knowing of this sale.  I will have to try it later again to see if it is worth $5 to me.  

Sorry different game not the same thing....

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Nintendo e-Shop there is a free demo of this. I played it earlier (since it was a free demo) before even knowing of this sale. I will have to try it later again to see if it is worth $5 to me.
are you sure you not thinking of "Steel Diver: Sub Wars" on the eshop? they are two different games. I don't believe there a demo of this one on there.

Ahh you are right. Sorry my mistake.

How is this game then?
it a decent game more of a casual player game and simple. It not bad but not the greatest. Been awhile since i played it with my backlog though But it if you into club nintendo it does have 40 points I know.

it a decent game more of a casual player game and simple. It not bad but not the greatest. Been awhile since i played it with my backlog though But it if you into club nintendo it does have 40 points I know.
Yeah I looked it up before my blunder of a post and saw it was only 5 points. 40 points would be nice. I might grab it. Only $4 plus tax for GCU.

If this game was sold at Dollar Tree for $0.99, it still wouldn't be worth it.

Side note - I bought it for $4.50 pre owned at BB a long time ago. Waste of money. JMO

This is also $3.99 at toys r us & kmart if you can find it. I enjoy it but in short bursts. It's a nice time waster when you just don't feel like playing other games. A "take a break" kind of game. It's not the greatest but it's not bad either. Especially for $4 (what it should have been in the first place to be honest).
I would say the sequel is better tho.

i just bought one for the kids... it said in stock at my local store but after i paid it says it's shipping to store.. guess i have to wait until they open to find out

I bought this game for $5 at KMart several months ago and I STILL feel ripped off. Not only is the gameplay short, dull, and repetitive, but it's also extremely gimped on content and gets most of its replay value from having to beat all the lame missions with every sub to unlock the last few missions. I tried getting to that point, but while I was clearing my way through with the second or third sub, I realized that I had so many better 3DS games I haven't finished that I could be playing and that Steel Diver was a complete waste of my life. 

Some people might like it, some people might not care that it's five bucks down the drain, but I would advise the people who buy games for fun and not just because of a cheap price point to avoid this title. There's more offensive shovelware out there, but with as many stellar titles as the 3DS has, this one isn't even worth time time it takes to pop the cartridge in.

Is this game worth $4.24?
Meh.

It's that time of the month again?
Haha, best way of putting it.

best buy clearance blowout sale 2012. The same time they had the tron xbox collector sets for $10
That's when I bought it for like $3.

I seem to remember one time more recently that it was $3 also. Maybe last spring?
It's bee on clearance, on sale, part of a deal of the day, etc. so many times who could keep track? It's just a very bland game, no replay value and pretty boring. I didn't mind paying the $3-$4 I paid for it, but was able to trade it back in for like $3-$4 at the time so that was a no brainer. There are better things to spend time on, that's the biggest thing I'd say about this.

bread's done
Back