Amazon Fire TV Free 30 day Trial for Prime! YMMV

Bleedingwickedly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
So I wasn't even going to post this. But since I see a few threads for earning free amazon coins, I figured I would. Got an email today, saying since I'm a prime member I could try it for 30 days free of charge. All I had to do was add it to my cart and place the order. The promo took the $99 right off, so my total was $0. After I receive it, I have 30 days to try it. If I keep it, I will be charged $99. And if I don't want it, I can return it with free shipping.

Hoping to receive mine before those free coin promos end![attachment=5307:image.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
So I wasn't even going to post this. But since I see a few threads for earning free amazon coins, I figured I would. Got an email today, saying since I'm a prime member I could try it for 30 days free of charge. All I had to do was add it to my cart and place the order. The promo took the $99 right off, so my total was $0. After I receive it, I have 30 days to try it. If I keep it, I will be charged $99. And if I don't want it, I can return it with free shipping.

Hoping to receive mine before those free coin promos end!
before you people get riled up if it doesn't work for them, you might want to add ymmv to your title. Since it is Select People not everyone is eligible.

here it the link to check eligibility. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=ods_bueller_dps_install/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8&docId=1002558481

For what it's worth, I don't have prime, and it appears that I could select the offer as well (though I didn't).

Huh, I didn't get the recent kindle promotion but I get this, oh well.

Since I already have a Roku box this isn't remotely tempting to try out

voice search is neat and all but I dont see any features worth switching for.

It says I qualify for this promotion, but I think I am just going to wait until the price drops to pick this up since I really don't need it.

I'm a prime member and when I returned mine I had to pay return shipping for both the fire and controller.
Didn't this promotion just start? When did you return yours? If it was before this promotion they wouldn't cover return shipping if you just wanted to return it without something being wrong with the product. And the controller isn't part of the 30-day free trial, so that wouldn't have been covered anyways.

Didn't this promotion just start? When did you return yours? If it was before this promotion they wouldn't cover return shipping if you just wanted to return it without something being wrong with the product. And the controller isn't part of the 30-day free trial, so that wouldn't have been covered anyways.
Oh it was a couple of weeks ago, but they put in small print that you had to pay return shipping. As far as something being wrong with it. If something freezes when trying to play games then in my mind it doesn't work properly. It's not a terrible device they just need to work out the bugs.

Doesn't Amazon have a 30 Day return policy anyways....I guess this is a way to try it without billing you right away.
Right but before this promo you had to pay for return shipping. I wasn't charged right away for the fire or controller. It does load amazon videos much faster than a ps3 I had problems with the games locking it up. If you don't care about voice search that only works with amazon content or faster loading videos then any number of other devices will suit your needs.

I went ahead and took advantage of the offer. Free shipping both ways and something to screw around with for a few weeks before returning it? Sign me up.

Not sure what's grandfathered at $7.99/month means? I only pay $79/year so you actually pay more?
I just figured I'd give details in case this offer targets or excludes certain people based on different criteria.

I realize I pay more than the average Prime member but I can't afford to throw down $79 (or $99 now? whatever it is) at one time to cover my Amazon addiction. ;)

I'm eligible but I don't have an HDTV to connect it to.  (non-Prime account)

It appears the only output is HDMI.

I still love Amazon and my Kindle Fire HD.  :)

I'm not eligible. With the crappy service they have been giving me(constantly shipping stuff late AND at the wrong, slower shipping speed), they know I'd send it back.

Huh, I didn't get the recent kindle promotion but I get this, oh well.

Since I already have a Roku box this isn't remotely tempting to try out

voice search is neat and all but I dont see any features worth switching for.
Same here. I got this offer, but I really wanted the Kindle promo when it was available.

Fire TV wouldn't be useful for me for Amazon Prime Instant Video since I'm a guest and not the main Prime account holder, so I don't get the free video streaming.

I have a Roku LT that I barely use anymore since it doesn't support Netflix profiles and a Chromecast I got for Christmas that I haven't opened yet, so I'll probably pass on this trial offer.

Couldn't pass up on this free rental, especially with being Amazon Prime.  I'm sure I'll end up sending it back as I already have many devices to stream Netflix, Hulu, etc.  Although, the HBO shows as well as Freetime for my daughter might could convince me otherwise.

bread's done
Back