The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC) STEAM $4.99@Gamestop

You'll get sick of the game before you run out of base content.
I don't think ES games are games you just "Play all at once." There's WAY TOO much there to do that. And, I think it's an easy game to just pick up and drop whenever you feel like like it's getting tiresome on you, repetitive on you, and/or you feel like you've "had your fill". The main questline is always easy to drop (b/c the story & characters normally ain't spectacular here) so it basically just feels like "another side quest string". Many of the Misc side quests are fetch quests and are short "one-off" quests. And some of the best stuff are side quest strings (i.e. string of quests for Dark Brotherhood).

It's certainly a game I like to space-out - b/c like most other games...normally after about 10-20 hours, I'm ready to move onto something else for a spell. For me to stick around for ridiculous number of hours at once, it has to be compelling in narrative and characters; and/or also have to be compelling in the gameplay department - especially w/ variety of things to do. B/c the way these games are built in such an open manner and b/c there's so much to do - Skyrim, TDU2, and Far Cry 3 are all games that I just can't play all at once and are stuff that I eventually wind back playing, in due time. It's like a cycle - too much to do; game can wear on you if you play too much; so I get away and eventually come back. Every time I come back, it feels like I bought another DLC, expansion, or something - even though I've spent nothing to keep on going and I'm still here playing the same base-game I already spent money on. Every time I come back, I get back into that trap - and spend more of those 10-20 hours or so w/ the game...

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll get sick of the game before you run out of base content.
While this is certainly true I think the EA style sucker you in with a dirt cheap base game so you end up having to pay more than you did for the game if you want the DLC is bullshit.

Theyll just cancel your order later and take your money. They did it to me a few days ago when it was 10 dollars. Gameslop is too cheap to give away a freaking DIGITAL copy with no overhead for a good price LOL

bread's done
Back