- - - - -

TRU 05/25-05/31 Watch Dogs/Mario Kart 8 Promo

#1 DaddyBoJangles   A Blue Slime Appears CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

DaddyBoJangles

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:39 AM

Just grabbed this from the new TRU Ad thats up.

fcsirn.png

Buy Watch Dogs save 40% on any PS4, Xbone, Xbox 360 or PS3 game.

Like wise

Buy Mario Kart 8 save 40% on any WIIU title.

Mario Kart 8 paired with the club Nintendo promo, and TRU make for some interesting combos.

MK8 + Super Mario 3D World + Wind Waker for 96 dollars? If I had a WIIU I'd be all over that deal. 

Watch Dogs/Wolfenstein for 96 bucks wouldn't be too bad either. 

Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#2 JohnHarker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

JohnHarker

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

That's a good deal, wish TRU advertised this earlier!

#3 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9268 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

Do you think two of either MK8 or Watch Dogs would trigger the promo or does it have to be "any OTHER game"?

#4 DaddyBoJangles   A Blue Slime Appears CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

DaddyBoJangles

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

That's a good deal, wish TRU advertised this earlier!

TRU loves those stealth deals.

Do you think two of either MK8 or Watch Dogs would trigger the promo or does it have to be "any OTHER game"?

Nah the ad specifically states WIIU for MK8 and every platform but WIIU for watch dogs. so the way their system is set up it won't trigger. You can try and push the issue and depending on the manager they may give it to you but that is always YMMV. The TRU I work for the management is customer satisifaction above all else so I could see them doing this with no issue.

Posted Image

#5 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   5296 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

TRU loves those stealth deals.

Nah the ad specifically states WIIU for MK8 and every platform but WIIU for watch dogs. so the way their system is set up it won't trigger. You can try and push the issue and depending on the manager they may give it to you but that is always YMMV. The TRU I work for the management is customer satisifaction above all else so I could see them doing this with no issue.

I believe they are asking if you can buy 2x Watch_Dogs or 2x MK8 or do they need to be different games.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#6 DaddyBoJangles   A Blue Slime Appears CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

DaddyBoJangles

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:53 AM

I believe they are asking if you can buy 2x Watch_Dogs or 2x MK8 or do they need to be different games.

aye my bad. I would assume so. They don't limit at TRU and the way the promos are set up in the computer it will trigger the SKU range for the platforms. So I don't see why 2 watch dogs wouldn't trigger the 40% off one of the Watch Dogs.

Posted Image

#7 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   2322 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

As a Best Buy GCU member, I am not impressed by this deal. Everyday thang! Lol
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif TLOU Remastered
ps3108.gif The Warriors (Warriors, come out & play!!!)
1tp4rst.gif Super Mario 3D World
wii109.gif Scarface The World Is Yours
3ds120.gif Kid Icarus

#8 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   662 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Would hop on this if I hadn't traded games into Target for Watch Dogs

#9 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:32 AM

In the past TRU promos have worked fine with duplicates so I doubt there's going to be a problem here.

Now playing:

:ps4: Mortal Kombat X, The Last of Us: Remastered

:xb1: Ori and the Blind Forest

#10 Bluecomputerpro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Bluecomputerpro

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

Was just thinking the same thing
May the ghost of Cheap Ass past guide us on our path to CAG greatness

#11 chuckywang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

chuckywang

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

LOL first thing that came to my mind. Unless TRU has a sale going on some game, and you get 40% off that sale price, any deals of this type are now null and void to me.

#12 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   9966 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Well, I think it's a stellar deal. Definitely makes me think about finally getting a Wii U.

#13 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   2099 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

Well, I think it's a stellar deal. Definitely makes me think about finally getting a Wii U.

Just got a wii u recently and have been enjoying it very much. Its a really good compliment to a X1 or PS4 because while its not nearly as powerful as those consoles it is unique in its own right and has games with different appeal than the other consoles. Plus I didnt own a regular wii for very long so the backwards capabilities make its library of unplayed games huge for me. It may also appeal to other people in your home more than the other consoles. My fiance never plays games (in 5 years the only game we've completed together was Castle Crashers) but last night I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to her playing NSMBu at like 1am and loving it.

With that being said I think im going to be grabbing both games at BB because of gcu

StudentofTruth.png

#14 machinematrix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

machinematrix

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

Played Mario Kart 8 at a Gamestop yesterday 6 courses as the store wasn't crowded. Very fun and good looking game, feels a lot like 7 with better graphics.

#15 bostonfrontier   Pierce - Garnett - Allen CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

bostonfrontier

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Gonna pick up 2 copies of watchdogs and flip 1 copy

#16 jterp7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   359 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Played Mario Kart 8 at a Gamestop yesterday 6 courses as the store wasn't crowded. Very fun and good looking game, feels a lot like 7 with better graphics.

yeah i read some reviews about how it was "only" 720p and no AA, but w/e it looked great to me and played just as well.

If you don't have GU @ BB, this is best straight cash deal (buy 2 return one) for a flat 20% off, assuming you don't care for the free wheel

#17 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

yeah i read some reviews about how it was "only" 720p and no AA, but w/e it looked great to me and played just as well.

If you don't have GU @ BB, this is best straight cash deal (buy 2 return one) for a flat 20% off, assuming you don't care for the free wheel

Returning promo items will result in a wonky value.

#18 ghost1914  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

They always like to do 40% off. Just make it 50% dang it

#19 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Sucks watchdogs is shipping only, arkham origins for $24 wasn't bad but gamestop gives the season pass free.

Quite the pickle.

#20 Kazeno Katana  

Kazeno Katana

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

Lucky you. When I went a little 6 year old girl was hogging the machine and played for at least 15 minutes. I gave up and left but I was getting the urge to shove her.  :-

#21 radioactivez0r   Up and Atom! CAGiversary!   3904 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

radioactivez0r

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

This could be alright for me, as :wiiu: Lego City is unavailable at every BB in my area and doesn't ship, so my GCU is useless for it.  TRU shows in stock at both nearby stores.

Posted Image

#22 Hiro0015   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

It will be interesting to see if this works instore on 2 copies of Watch_Dogs. On the website it does not.

#23 tightclaws   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1806 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

tightclaws

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Anyone's Watch Dogs Shipped yet? They shipped the two 40% off Games for Mario Kart 8 and Watch Dogs but no Watch Dogs Yet I really forgot how much I hate TRU's shipping process, next I will skip them.

Posted Image

#24 huntt26   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

Any idea if Target will match this promo? I've read conflicting answers. 

#25 VampireTampon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

VampireTampon

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

I was wondering: Could I have Toys R Us price match Amazon's Super Mario 3D World price ($49.87) on Friday?

Basically, you could get Mario Kart 8 ($60) + Super Mario 3D World ($29.92 after being price matched and then discounted by 40%) + Pikmin 3 (free with Nintendo's promo) for $89.92!!! That's a great deal!

#26 Hiro0015   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

I can confirm that the 40% on Watch_Dogs does work on 2 copies of the game.

#27 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8188 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

The instant gc deals & 2 for $50/$70 are the only temptations but my BB`s match them so no matter what BB it is.

#28 Dakoshakid   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Dakoshakid

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

I was wondering: Could I have Toys R Us price match Amazon's Super Mario 3D World price ($49.87) on Friday?

Basically, you could get Mario Kart 8 ($60) + Super Mario 3D World ($29.92 after being price matched and then discounted by 40%) + Pikmin 3 (free with Nintendo's promo) for $89.92!!! That's a great deal!

TRU Doesn't discount PM's. 

#29 Jakub72   Slovak Mountain Man CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

This deal sounds pretty awesome and I would have taken advantage of it if only I know.... does this only work if you purchase Mario Kart 8/ Watch Dogs or can you buy a different game and have the 40% sale apply with those.

sig.gif

#30 StilesCrisis   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

StilesCrisis

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

I took advantage of this deal right before Watch_Dogs was coming out, even more than I planned to. I ordered Watch_Dogs plus Wolfenstein New Order, then got cold feet and canceled a few hours later. Well, they canceled Watch_Dogs (since it was before release date), but for some reason they still shipped Wolfenstein to me at the 40% off price!

I don't know if my experience is just a lucky one-time break or if there is something here that others could repeat.