Vita 8GB Memory Card $17.99 At Best Buy

a_dirty_Shisno

CAGiversary!
I walked into Best Buy today and saw the 8GB was tagged as "On Sale" for $17.99 but it was already out of stock.  The cashier looked it up in the computer to order more to the store and said it came up as "Discontinued".  The GameStop down the street confirmed to me that their computer has it as "Discontinued" as well.  It is still available online from Best Buy and is only available to be shipped to a home address.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-8gb-memory-card-for-playstation-vita/4757238.p?id=1218523200298&skuId=4757238&st=vita%208&cp=1&lp=2

Something has got to be announced regarding Vita memory cards soon (maybe e3?).  4gb was discontinued a while back and now 8 gb and 32 gb also discontinued. There is no way they can be down to only 16gb cards especially with all the games coming that are psn only. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's honestly not even worth buying the 8gb card at that price. Any money you think you are potentially saving isn't worth the hassle of constantly swapping cards or deleting/transferring your games. Even the 16gb is barely serviceable in my opinion. Eventually you are going to need to buy a bigger card so might as well bite the bullet and not end up with a bunch of useless smaller cards like I did going 4 -> 16 -> 32.

It's funny that it's discontinued when it's included in the Borderlands bundle. I do agree that it's pretty wortless. I have 2 and need to get rid of them. I ended up importing a 64gb from Hong Kong. You can get it for $85 shipped from superufo.com.

Something has got to be announced regarding Vita memory cards soon (maybe e3?). 4gb was discontinued a while back and now 8 gb and 32 gb also discontinued. There is no way they can be down to only 16gb cards especially with all the games coming that are psn only.
The 32GB was never officially discontinued. In fact, GameStop has them in stock for $80. Right now.

EDIT:

Oh wait you're talking about this post, which I somehow completely overlooked.
Some also have the 32GB card on clearance for $56-60
That is awesome! Not near me unfortunately.

It's a shame that the memory cards are rediculously priced. I just recently jumped into Vita again and the system is really solid. Love the OS (you can tell Sony used ideas from the Vita on the PS4) and the library has a decent chunk of quality titles. 

If Sony would price the memory cards more reasonably mabye more people would take the jump. Could help sales and generate interest along with the recent release of the slim.

I'm hoping they announce the 64 gig memory card at E3 this year for like 50 bucks. That'd be amazing! I got 32gig I filled up a long long time ago so now all I'm getting are physical games...

I'm hoping they announce the 64 gig memory card at E3 this year for like 50 bucks. That'd be amazing! I got 32gig I filled up a long long time ago so now all I'm getting are physical games...
I just imported one for around $90, so I'd have conflicting emotions about this. But I do hope it happens.

Interesting, as someone that has  both a 4GB and an 8GB this Might be good news to me, Hope in BF the 16GB one will be $10 like the 8GB one was last year.  If they make the 32 for $20 it will be a no-brainer for me since I have gas of games in the cloud or in my pc ready to load in the vita.

I'm guessing, but Sony will probably not do anything for Vita, is that maybe in Aug/Sep there will be some decent Vita announcements from Gamescom and TGS. Sony will release a stand alone 2000 model with its 1GB built in and Minecraft (which is like 90MB on PS3, probably less on Vita since its lower res) for $179.99 in the US.

They'll sell 16GB card for $24.99 and 64GB for $59.99.

Then again this is just wishful thinking from a proud Vita owner. 

Ideally we'd get a Vita 3000 with an even smaller screen (4 inches) and a MicroSD card slot in 2015 for like $129 to actually be a compelling device for parents.

bread's done
Back