- - - - -

New Dreamcast game!

dreamcast indie new

#1 Windseer   Ps1/PSP Connoisseur CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

Hey guys, idk if you have heard or not but there is a new Dreamcast game in the works. They are gearing up for a Kickstarter sometime this summer. It recently got picked up for publishing by the same people who did Pier Solar. Check it out!

http://www.seganerds...lysian-shadows/

#2 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7179 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

They're going to have to squish the interface down and zoom in, since these PC games run at 3X the resolution of the tvs we use for our Dreamcast. Customers are going to complain about the small font and characters if this is just a slapdash port.

#3 Windseer   Ps1/PSP Connoisseur CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

It is actually being devolved with the Dreamcast in mind. Check out their website and see for yourself.

#4 ONESTARv2   Dreamcast Addict CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

Kickstarter is up and off to a strong start. The game started off as a dreamcast exclusive and dreamcast dev is still very important to the team. I am really hoping this gets backed, ive been following their game dev videos on youtube for years.

#5 Windseer   Ps1/PSP Connoisseur CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

I put my money where my mouth is and backed the dreamcast version almost as soon as it dropped.

#6 ONESTARv2   Dreamcast Addict CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

I finally got around to pledging for the dreamcast version.  I actually stayed up until 3:30AM here watching the livestream while they were trying to get the kickstarter video uploaded.   Great fun.  I am really hoping these guys make it.  The first few and last days of a kickstarter are the strongest, I'm hoping it doesn't stall.  

#7 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

I should pledge for this. Looks like a really fun game and I always get excited when people develop new games for consoles that are pretty much dead. 

#8 Windseer   Ps1/PSP Connoisseur CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:16 PM

You really should, it looks to be an amazing game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dreamcast, indie, new