Watch Sony E3 Press Conf Live in Select Movie Theatres June 9th: Free with Surprise GiveAways But Seats Are Limited & Must Register to Attend

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Watch PlayStation’s E3 Press Conference in Movie Theaters Nationwide

PlayStation E3 Experience – The TL;DR Version

• When: Monday June 9th at 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT (show starts at 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT)
  • Where: 40-50 theaters across US and Canada
  • What: Watching the PlayStation Press Conference LIVE in HD from the comfort of a movie theater with other PlayStation fans. Event features 30 minutes of exclusive content, including extended game footage and developer interviews. Plus surprise giveaways!
  • RSVP: Free to attend, but space is limited. RSVP here: http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3

Check Participating Theatres here http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3

Why watch PlayStation’s E3 Press Conference on a puny browser window when you can see it on the silver screen? On June 9th, we’re inviting PlayStation fans in the US and Canada to experience the E3 press conference in a new way – live, on a massive screen in more than 40 movie theaters.

Join us and host Geoff Keighley for the PlayStation E3 Experience, featuring an HD simulcast of the PlayStation E3 Press Conference. Attendees will also see 30 minutes of extra content, including exclusive extended game footage and interviews with the world’s biggest game developers. And hey, if you show up, we might even cough up a few surprise gifts.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/28/watch-playstations-e3-press-conference-in-movie-theaters-nationwide/

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool, I wonder what the gifts will be. Union Square Stadium is sold out but I joined the waitlist. Sony must be feeling good about their conference this year for them to be doing this.

As long as the surprise gift covers the metro subway ride I'll be at the one in DC. I got a registration number and everything but no email. I used a hotmail account.

Wow, 10 replies in and no-ones bitching about this not being a deal, people really love Sony.

Sounds like a stupid idea but I guess people are into it.

Oh yeah, in for 1, shipping kills it etc etc.

this is so tempting, but i don't know that i want drive 3 hours each way from Raleigh to Charlotte on a Monday night after work...

...from the comfort of a movie theater ...

Why watch PlayStation’s E3 Press Conference on a puny browser window...
Let's just say some have had distinctly uncomfortable experiences in movie theaters.

And some people view live streams on large monitors or these things called.... TVs. You've heard of these TVs I speak of, yes.... Sony?

Still, was worth it just for the blatant Eventbrite rip-off site.

Waitlisted for Miami...

Though I have no idea how space would open...it's not like people are going to be like "Oh I'm not going. Let me take 5 minutes and cancel my ticket..."

So surprising too. Miami people don't give a shit about anything.

MSFT should put up a competing event in Aventura, j/s.

Waitlisted for Miami...

Though I have no idea how space would open...it's not like people are going to be like "Oh I'm not going. Let me take 5 minutes and cancel my ticket..."

So surprising too. Miami people don't give a shit about anything.
I'm thinking that depending on how fast certain cities fill up that it possible Sony might add alternative close locations to participating theaters list to help with more seating? I could be wrong though it just a possibility

Signed up for one in Houston, TX. Was going to get a ticket for my buddy but then realized none of them are into Playstation. Oh well, will get to enjoy the night away from the wife and kids :D This will be pretty cool!

If it was in my city instead of having to drive 40 minutes I might have gone to it, but 80 minutes of driving is silly when I can just stream it or watch it on youtube later.

Why does this cool shit always happen when I'm out of town, both the VA and Indiana ones are near places I live.

Either way I signed up for the Atlanta one incase I can go

I'm thinking that depending on how fast certain cities fill up that it possible Sony might add alternative close locations to participating theaters list to help with more seating? I could be wrong though it just a possibility
That's what I was thinking- adding more rooms/theaters. I'm surprised they are holding it in the venue they are, it was probably a little cheaper than in Aventura (massive mall city doomplex north of the Miami Metro area).

MSFT just opened a new store there (their launch event is today or tomorrow, I think), thus me half jokingly suggesting MSFT have their own event.

I got the email for the "Waiting List"...basically it means "Stand By" if anything. I don't know if I'll hoof it down an hour to Miami just for a "chance" to get in. Any other cags going so we can wait out of boredom?

bread's done
Back