Select games $15.99 - $23.99 w/ Pre-Order @ Best Buy for GCU Members

RedFoxCommando

CAGiversary!
Pre-Order any game and get the following games discounted:

Call of Duty: Ghosts - ( :xb1: / :ps4: ) $23.99 / ( :360: / :ps3: ) $15.99

Thief - ( :xb1: / :ps4: ) $23.99 / ( :360: / :ps3: ) $15.99

Son of Rome - :xb1: $23.99

Dead Rising 3 - :xb1: $23.99

Deal works online but not sure if it works in store.  Appears to be for GCU only.

LINK (if link doesn't work try reloading, I had trouble with the link on Best Buy's website as well)

If it works in store with a $5 deposit, the 50% trade up plus GCU you could presumably boomerang certain games back for a slight profit which would basically pay for your pre-order then use the gift card to pay for the game when it comes out.

A few options for those interested in the deal.

Not the best selection but decent prices for those planning on pre-ordering games and interested in getting any of the games listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thief is the only one that I see that would net a profit, trading in @ $28.80 with GCU.    The rest are $22.40 or less.

Good deal though, especially if GCU stacks on the $24

It's any preorder btw, I added the Walking Dead GOTY version on XB1 ($30 norm, $24 after GCU) and it worked to get Thief for $24

was gonna peorder mario kart tonight last minute so might be tempted to grab thief on ps4 while im at it
might want to note also that the $10 Gas Promo for Mario Kart 8 is also no longer adding to orders if you were hoping for that $10 Gas Card Bonus. the $10 Promo Deal is dead for that Game.

OP can you add to the title that this requires GCU? Fine print:

My Best Buy™ Gamers Club Unlocked members: Pre-order any game, and save on a select previously released title, including Call of Duty: Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Thief. Plus free shipping.

Offer valid for My Best Buy™ Gamers Club Unlocked members only. May not be valid in combination with other offers.

Savings will be reflected in your cart when all offer requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. Valid on in-stock items only. Items may ship separately. Offer subject to change.

might want to note also that the $10 Gas Promo for Mario Kart 8 is also no longer adding to orders if you were hoping for that $10 Gas Card Bonus. the $10 Promo Deal is dead for that Game.
If that's the case, then I'm no longer pre-ordering it. So the gas card would get added to your cart before? I have it my cart but all I get is the GCU discount

Wow great deal. Going to pre order Mario kart and buy Ryse since ill play it beat it trade it in and not an exclusive I want digital

If that's the case, then I'm no longer pre-ordering it. So the gas card would get added to your cart before? I have it my cart but all I get is the GCU discount
yea it would and also it used to be on the preorder page here http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/mario-kart-8-121399 and also it used to be listed under the special offers in the product description and it been removed from all those places. When it was first put up it was listed as While Supplies Last for the Promo.

XWCgDXI.png
yq77EG5.png

Well that's pretty brilliant... Good option if nothing else. Kind of debating if I want to grab Thief with another pre-order though...

Are these the only 4 games to choose from? I own 3 out of the 4. Thief being the only one I don't have but with the reviews and my backlog I can wait for sub $20 by itself for it

I was planning on preordering Theatrhythm FF: Curtain Call anyway, so maybe I'll pick up Thief :)ps4:) while I'm at it, but...I dunno. :???:

So has anyone tried this in store? Was going to trade in watch dogs that I got from target for the Xbox live deal and not really urged to play it right now so will rebuy at a sub $30 price. But don't want to have to go to the store then home then back.

Ryse or DR3 are no brainers if you don't have em. Totally worth the price.

Even though I really didnt feel Thief that much, i might just give it a shot. I'm gonna be preordering my games anyways from them.

Ryse or DR3 are no brainers if you don't have em. Totally worth the price.

Even though I really didnt feel Thief that much, i might just give it a shot. I'm gonna be preordering my games anyways from them.
Definitely. Ryses co-op mode for MP is fun as shit. Dead Rising 3 is a blast too. Once you get the Ultimate Shout and Jazz Hands it becomes a zombie slaughter fest.

Really curious if this works in store... I don't want to pull any return or even flip shenanigans, I just would like to not have $50 in credit tied up in a pre-order for something like a month down the line if I can avoid it.

It's not a bad deal. Sorry about the duplicate post earlier.

I would say Ryse and DR3 are totally worth it. I will see if my local store will do it when I pick up Watchdogs tomorrow.

Really curious if this works in store... I don't want to pull any return or even flip shenanigans, I just would like to not have $50 in credit tied up in a pre-order for something like a month down the line if I can avoid it.
That's what I'm curious about as well. I'd much rather put down $5 and get the deal vs putting entire amount on credit card now as well.

I'm going to try in store after work and see if it triggers or not. Does the deal page say online only? If it doesn't it should work I would think.

Quick, someone try PMing Gamestop's $39.99 price for Thief in-store and seeing if it stacks with the $30 off! :whee:

...Yeah, it totally will. :roll:

Just an FYI:

Looks like you only need to add 1 preorder to your cart to get the discount on multiple games. (e.g. Can get both Ryse for $23.99 and COD: Ghosts-XB360 for $15.99 in the same order with only 1 preorder in the cart)

Online offer only.

In store preorder system doesn't allow for any promotional activity like this (i.e. preorder something, save on something else).

Just updated OP.  Killzone: Shadow Fall works as well for $15.99!

Edit:  Nevermind.  I may have exposed some glitch.  I went through and added a bunch of games and Killzone showed up for $15.99 and went back up to full price after I started removing things.  Can't remember what I did to get it to drop to $15.99  :whistle2:k

I'll probably have to bite since Killzone is added.
Nevermind. I may have exposed some glitch. I went through and added a bunch of games and Killzone showed up for $15.99 and went back up to full price after I started removing things. Can't remember what I did to get it to drop to $15.99 :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back