* * * * - 10 votes

Gamefly Monthly Sale 6/18/14

#361 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

yeah, I've had no issues with any discs I've gotten from Gamefly these past few sales.  All work flawlessly.

#362 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5282 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

Does anyone recommend Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z? I'm looking at the PS3 version in particular but just don't hear much about the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one who bought last time it was on sale. It's cheaper than before, but it's not a good game at all. The gameplay is like Lollipop Chainsaw but worse, and there's no buxom cheerleaders here to assauge any depression about how much the Ninja Gaiden brand and Keiji Ifanune have fallen.

What I would do if I were you - in fact, I already did - is buy the Xbox version and trade it into Best Buy for a profit after beating the game in four hours. (PS3 is not in the system.) I got the preorder edition which comes with a soundtrack, mini-comic, and DLC code for Dead or Alive 5. If you buy the PS3 version of this game and aren't going to use that code, I would appreciate if you could trade it for my Xbox code since I play DOA on PS3.

#363 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

Boo GTA 5 OOS for PS3.  Oh well, keeps me from buying a 2nd game just to get the better shipping I guess.

#364 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:31 AM

This^ I've never gotten a bad disc or had a game not work. I've gotten smashed cases but that isn't Gamefly's fault. Doesn't matter to me because I have plenty of brand new cases for all systems.

Since it happens to you as well, how the hell does the post office destroy cases like that?

#365 spideymike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2780 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

I missed out on Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus too. No worries though. I'm sure it'll pop up eventually again. Besides, i still need to finish ALL the other PS3 R&C games anyways!

#366 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5364 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

I missed out on Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus too. No worries though. I'm sure it'll pop up eventually again. Besides, i still need to finish ALL the other PS3 R&C games anyways!

Perfect example of the mentality of a CAG.

In all seriousness, go and play Tools of Destruction and a Crack in Time. Fantastic games

#367 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

Since it happens to you as well, how the hell does the post office destroy cases like that?

I have no clue. Playing frisbee maybe? Most likely stacking big boxes on them or something. My local post office sucks, I've had so much problems with them. Luckily the smashed cases problem doesn't happen very much anymore.

#368 Midnight Rydah   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Midnight Rydah

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

I want to buy BF4 but I can't decide for which system. Is there any reason to purchase the PS4 version over the PS3?

#369 rbanez   ♔♔ CAGiversary!   479 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:25 AM

Bought Arkham Origins.. Probably the last ps3 retail game I will buy before starting on ps4.

#370 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

in for batman arkham origins.  debating getting Thief and Yaiba.  Too bad no AC 4 for ps4.  Still holding out for Knack on PS+

#371 FlyingAce39   Flyin' High Again CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

FlyingAce39

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

Snagged Arkham Origins for PS3 and KH 1.5. Both for 35 shipped? Hell yeah.

#372 Jardarpp  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

This sale goes all month, correct?

#373 SacCityGamer   By Sacramento Gamers, for ALL Gamers CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

SacCityGamer

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:08 AM

Finally got Arkham Origins (for $7.23 after $5 off 1 year coupon and 10% off). Though I saw it in my email, but I'll still say thanks OP because had I not seen it in my email I would have seen it here! 

#374 RugerRellP89   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

RugerRellP89

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

I want to buy BF4 but I can't decide for which system. Is there any reason to purchase the PS4 version over the PS3?

Here you go http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ld 4 ps4 vs ps3

#375 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10632 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

Got Arkham Origins and Yaiba in the cart, but my backlog is telling me to not pull the trigger....may just hold out for these to be $9.99

#376 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

hmm, should I get lego marvel or what for lego hobbit to get cheap?

#377 Investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2012 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Investor9872

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

I hate that shit.  That is just so annoying.  If you know the answer, then just help the dude.  If you don't, then no need to comment.

#378 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2659 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

Got Need for Speed Rivals for PS4, thanks OP

#379 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

I hate that shit.  That is just so annoying.  If you know the answer, then just help the dude.  If you don't, then no need to comment.

Probably takes longer to do that anyways. Dude probably didnt know the answer (if there is one other than personal opinion) anyways, but been waiting to do that since he figured it out/seen someone else do it.

#380 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

Still waiting on mine to get here (and ordered Rivals today as well), but from what I hear you can't go wrong with either.

#381 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:10 AM

Still waiting on mine to get here (and ordered Rivals today as well), but from what I hear you can't go wrong with either.

Beat Lego Hobbit last week and Lego Marvel this week. They are both great but Lego The Hobbit is amazing. Imo the best Lego game ever made. You can't go wrong with either but I'd wait for The Hobbit.

#382 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

Beat Lego Hobbit last week and Lego Marvel this week. They are both great but Lego The Hobbit is amazing. Imo the best Lego game ever made. You can't go wrong with either but I'd wait for The Hobbit.

I have Hobbit in my backlog on Vita (too much to play and just haven't gotten to it yet). Think it's worth just dumping and picking up the PS4 version later on? I didn't have PS4 when I picked up the Vita copy (and only paid $16 so that was a factor as well)

Then again they have seperate trophy lists so I may just play it twice anyways.

#383 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

I have Hobbit in my backlog on Vita (too much to play and just haven't gotten to it yet). Think it's worth just dumping and picking up the PS4 version later on? I didn't have PS4 when I picked up the Vita copy (and only paid $16 so that was a factor as well)

Then again they have seperate trophy lists so I may just play it twice anyways.

I'd say keep it, worth playing twice. The plat or 1000G will take about 30-40 hrs on consoles. Vita version is about 15-20, so yea definitely keep it. The XB1/PS4 version of Lego The Hobbit might be the prettiest game out there. Not to mention they changed the game up a little and it feels and looks more different than the other Lego games out there. From start to finish, I had a blast playing it. $25 or lower is the perfect price to pick it up at. Story is also pretty good and I actually paid attention to it.

#384 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

I'd say keep it, worth playing twice. The plat or 1000G will take about 30-40 hrs on consoles. Vita version is about 15-20, so yea definitely keep it. The XB1/PS4 version of Lego The Hobbit might be the prettiest game out there. Not to mention they changed the game up and it feels and looks more different than the other Lego games out there. From start to finish, I had a blast playing it. $25 or lower is the perfect price to pick it up at.

Thanks. I do think I'll keep it and pick up the ps4 version as well. It's currently the only physical Vita game I have left lol. I need to beat that shit and sell it while I still can.

#385 buffalo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

In for Killzone: Shadow Fall & NFS: Rivals for PS4.....thanks OP!

#386 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

What is so good about The Hobbit? I kinda ignored it after not liking Lego LOTR (and I LOVE the LOTR universe)

#387 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

What is so good about The Hobbit? I kinda ignored it after not liking Lego LOTR (and I LOVE the LOTR universe)

I'd say keep it, worth playing twice. The plat or 1000G will take about 30-40 hrs on consoles. Vita version is about 15-20, so yea definitely keep it. The XB1/PS4 version of Lego The Hobbit might be the prettiest game out there. Not to mention they changed the game up a little and it feels and looks more different than the other Lego games out there. From start to finish, I had a blast playing it. $25 or lower is the perfect price to pick it up at. Story is also pretty good and I actually paid attention to it.

To add on to that^. IMHO, one of my favorite games I played this year. I've played all the Lego games but none top this one.

I've never even watched any of the LOTR movies(have them on BR though) or the two Hobbit movies and still loved the game. Just my opinion, but I really liked it. There's also a demo on XB1 if you want to try it out.

#388 theironunkind   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

theironunkind

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

Buh, looks like Dragon's Crown is OOS

#389 tylerdurden10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

tylerdurden10

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

I seriously am beginning to think that I'm really just a video game hoarder, I mean my backlog is in the hundreds! I couldn't even tell you the last time I actually sat down and played one of my games, I keep telling myself "alright, maybe I'll play this one for a little while tonight", but of course that NEVER happens. :wall:

#390 nightmare452   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2484 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

nightmare452

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

I seriously am beginning to think that I'm really just a video game hoarder, I mean my backlog is in the hundreds! I couldn't even tell you the last time I actually sat down and played one of my games, I keep telling myself "alright, maybe I'll play this one for a little while tonight", but of course that NEVER happens. :wall:

Welcome to the club!

But in all honesty, try to start playing that backlog. I know I will never get through mine for example, but most games I just want to play, I don't need to finish them to get my money's worth. Example, I just bought Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus here, but haven't played any of the previous 6-7 games (all were in my backlog at one point or another, never touched any, but sold them a few months ago). But I now have a 100% intent to play this one once it arrives, regarless of the order the games released. Just start playin one a week, or try to sell the rare ones that will get you more $ back, I sold some of mine at Target during the 3x trade-in credit, and got $400 out of them.