Murdered Soul Suspect street date broken YMMV

doc_j88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
At Best Buy now currently and these are on the floor ready to be sold.

This is a heads up for those ready to pick up the game.

I'm typing this from a BestBuy display tablet and took the picture with it as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the early reviews I have seen and the fact that Target is giving away a $10 gift card with purchase next week, I'd say you're better off waiting.  

Early reviews? Who has reviewed it, because I haven't seen anything but previews.
You're right, they were previews as I believe Square refused to make the final game available to reviewers in advance of release which is a major red flag. The preview version review I read in Edge made it pretty clear that the game had some major issues as recently as a couple of months ago and I think it's pretty unlikely those basic game mechanics were altered since.

You're right, they were previews as I believe Square refused to make the final game available to reviewers in advance of release which is a major red flag. The preview version review I read in Edge made it pretty clear that the game had some major issues as recently as a couple of months ago and I think it's pretty unlikely those basic game mechanics were altered since.
For those on the fence, this is gonna be at Redbox next week for PS3 and 360. I'm probably just gonna rent it from there.

First thing I thought when I seen the trailer was la noire but you're dead. Throw in some powers like dishonored, and boom goes the dynamite.

It wasn't bad when I played it at PAX East.. You're not missing anything if you want to wait.

Felt like Beyond:Two Souls, where it had a specific story to tell, linear in direction, graphics weren't that great on a PS4(definite cross-gen in appearance) and it felt annoying when trying to get details out of of body swapping and trying to direct conversations.

This isn't exactly true. How do you know Square refused to make the game available to reviewers? Reviews probably haven't been posted because it's probably embargoed. Same with Watch Dogs, those reviews didn't hit until release day.

Either way I'm excited for the game. Reminds me of L.A Noire and Heavy Rain! I'll check my Best Buy to see if they are selling it early.

I will wait for the reviews. The previews look promising but we all have bought games that look promising and they truly sucked once we got our hands on it to play.

[quote name="bojay1997" post="11802760" timestamp="1401495903"]You're right, they were previews as I believe Square refused to make the final game available to reviewers in advance of release which is a major red flag. The preview version review I read in Edge made it pretty clear that the game had some major issues as recently as a couple of months ago and I think it's pretty unlikely those basic game mechanics were altered since. [/quote]

Watch Dogs and Stick of a Truth weren't reviewed until the day of release and they turned out okay.

Watch Dogs and Stick of a Truth weren't reviewed until the day of release and they turned out okay.
Sure, but the previews leading up to release were all fairly positive. I just don't see the need to buy this before some reviews pop up, especially with the Target deal on Tuesday.

[quote name="bojay1997" post="11803692" timestamp="1401545672"]Sure, but the previews leading up to release were all fairly positive. I just don't see the need to buy this before some reviews pop up, especially with the Target deal on Tuesday.[/quote]

I've only seen positive previews. Who had a bad preview? I'd like to see it.

I've only seen positive previews. Who had a bad preview? I'd like to see it.
I'm personally hoping the game turns out well, but I'm also nervous about it. Here is one bad preview I remember sticking out to me.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/27/murdered-soul-suspect-a-game-currently-in-need-of-intensive-care/

Closing quote below:

It’s rare to come away from playing a preview build with so little optimism and it should be noted that, with several months’ development time left ahead of it, Murdered: Soul Suspect could yet grow into an engaging and interesting game. In fact, it may already be an interesting and engaging game, just one that starts very, very slowly. However, what’s most disheartening is that Murdered’s issues appear to stem from the very mechanics, characters, premise and story upon which the whole experience is predicated. Whether there’s the scope and the desire to make the necessary changes to its foundation and delivery methods in order for it to realise its potential is a mystery that only time will solve.

[quote name="Lexicon" post="11803724" timestamp="1401546847"]I'm personally hoping the game turns out well, but I'm also nervous about it. Here is one bad preview I remember sticking out to me.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/27/murdered-soul-suspect-a-game-currently-in-need-of-intensive-care/

Closing quote below:

It’s rare to come away from playing a preview build with so little optimism and it should be noted that, with several months’ development time left ahead of it, Murdered: Soul Suspect could yet grow into an engaging and interesting game. In fact, it may already be an interesting and engaging game, just one that starts very, very slowly. However, what’s most disheartening is that Murdered’s issues appear to stem from the very mechanics, characters, premise and story upon which the whole experience is predicated. Whether there’s the scope and the desire to make the necessary changes to its foundation and delivery methods in order for it to realise its potential is a mystery that only time will solve.[/quote]

Thanks. I'm hoping with the recent positive previews that it will be a decent game. I was a huge fan of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

It was nominated and won several awards according to it's Wikipedia page so my fingers are crossed that I'm not buying a crap game haha.

Well, then. No thank you.
Well, I played Heavy Rain and it was pretty "Meh" when it was all said and done. I didn't even bother with Beyond Two Souls because of HR. If this game is along those lines, I'll be very pissed off. After watching all the preview videos, I'm getting the vibe that it's way more than those two titles, but I may be wrong.

I preorder the UK edition for the PS3, so I could get the physical clue guide, as the US version is download only for the book, but I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase. I never buy games at full price, unless there is some LE aspect that may sale out, or not be available at a later point(my fingers are firmly crossed). LOL

Most people favor Heavy Rain over Beyond: Two Souls myself included.  B:TS tried too hard to be a movie intertwining the different stages of the protagonist's life but the whole back and forth jumping in time just felt like a story that was too scattered to enjoy.

Well, I played Heavy Rain and it was pretty "Meh" when it was all said and done. I didn't even bother with Beyond Two Souls because of HR. If this game is along those lines, I'll be very pissed off. After watching all the preview videos, I'm getting the vibe that it's way more than those two titles, but I may be wrong.

I preorder the UK edition for the PS3, so I could get the physical clue guide, as the US version is download only for the book, but I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase. I never buy games at full price, unless there is some LE aspect that may sale out, or not be available at a later point(my fingers are firmly crossed). LOL
spoiler alert: the possession mechanic is almost identical to beyond two souls. all you are doing in the game as a spirit/ghost is possessing people to find clues. basically sherlock homes/beyond two souls. if there was ever a game about the ghost of sherlock holmes. this game would be it.

I have a few hours in to the game and it's pretty mediocre at best for me so far. It's essentially LA Noire and Beyond Two Souls mostly. The story and atmosphere are pretty decent. If you're a gamer who plays for action in your games then you should pass for its price.

I like how people talk about reviews on games not popping up beforehand in the states on the larger titles.. embargoes exist for a reason.

I had hoped to see some legit marketing other than a few measly previews, maybe making the game appear better than the PAX East panel and demo I viewed.. but nope. :/

No luck at my stores and BTS and HR are both great games.HR control suck with a controller and the move controller

bread's done
Back