Amazon Deal of the Week - Star Trek - The Original Series $59.99

Increasingly Anxious Man Worried Order Confirmation Email Never Going To Come

700.jpg

AUGUSTA, ME—Nervously refreshing his inbox every five to 10 seconds, local man Gabe Hines was rapidly losing hope that his confirmation email from an online retailer would ever arrive, sources confirmed Monday. “Jeez, where is it?” said Hines, mentally berating himself for having closed the tab that contained his order confirmation number as he futilely checked his spam folder for the fifth time. “It came through instantly last time. Come on, what’s the holdup?” At press time, Hines’ spirits were elevated and then immediately crushed when a new message that appeared in his inbox turned out to merely be an email from his mother.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/increasingly-anxious-man-worried-order-confirmatio,36232/

I bought the Stardate Collection last Tuesday, it said it was in stock, and it still hasn't shipped yet!!!!! :wall:

Same here on BOTH counts, I ordered the Original Series 1-3 and Stardate and am still waiting for that ship email. Come on amazon...
Did it give you guys an estimated delivery date? I think it's safe to say that its time for you guys to contact Amazon Customer Service and find out what exactly is going on with your orders. I placed my order on Monday June 2nd, and it shipped out on Tuesday June 3rd and arrived on Wednesday.

It's a bit off topic, but I like how when we place the order it states "Your estimated delivery date...", yet in the confirmation email it always states "Your guaranteed delivery date". I find that funny because I had to contact Amazon Customer Service a few weeks ago because two packages still hadn't arrived four days after the "guaranteed delivery date", to which I was told by Amazon that Prime two day shipping isn't a guarantee, but more of an "estimate". I was told to wait two more days and if I still haven't received it by then they would refund the total of those orders. Anyways, perhaps if you complain to Amazon CSR you may get a free year of Amazon Prime for your inconvience. I've read a few times now that people received a year of Amazon Prime for free after their order arrived a day later then it was supposed to. But I think you need to be really snotty and demanding in order to get that, because I've already had like seven orders come in more than two days after my guaranteed delivery date this year and the few times I have contacted Amazon about it they have always told me to keep waiting.

My delivery estimate was Monday to Friday.... of this week!!! And it still hasn't shipped yet!
Were you using the Free Super Saver Shipping? Seems like it with a time frame like that.

I don't use Prime and just pay for shipping(as I don't order much from Amazon directly), as that FSSS is crap. They treat it as the last thing they'll get to when gathering orders. There's always complaints in their forums about people getting stuff shipped out after the delivery estimate date.

But as for this, contact Amazon CS to find out why. I've had one like that before and wasn't told until after I contacted them the day it was supposed to be delivered(but never shipped), that it was OoS. Hopefully that didn't happen to you, but you never know with Amazon's lazy CS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted customer service to ask why a week has passed and it still hasn't been packaged up and sent out yet. Was told this was normal for free super saver shipping even though, no, this has never happened to me before with Amazon, and super slow shipping meant the method they use to mail it out, not the level of laziness of Amazon's shipping warehouse.

I'm on day 8 now and still nothing. Is this the new normal for Amazon now? Because I already have to pay tax with them. 8 days and still no shipping is not worth it.

I contacted customer service to ask why a week has passed and it still hasn't been packaged up and sent out yet. Was told this was normal for free super saver shipping even though, no, this has never happened to me before with Amazon, and super slow shipping meant the method they use to mail it out, not the level of laziness of Amazon's shipping warehouse.

I'm on day 8 now and still nothing. Is this the new normal for Amazon now? Because I already have to pay tax with them. 8 days and still no shipping is not worth it.
It should have told you when you are expected to receive the item, it shouldn't take eight days for them to send it out.

As far as your tax comment, chances are you were always required to pay a sales tax to your state regardless of whether Amazon collected It or not.

They did tell me when I can expect to receive the item, sometime between yesterday and Friday. Considering they still haven't shipped anything, I'd be impressed if they delivered it to me yesterday. :p

No way will I get it by Friday with super slow free shipping even if they send it out tomorrow.

As for tax, I don't pay tax at Newegg or Overstock, for example, and I used to shop at Buy.com until they started charging me tax. Even third parties that fulfill through Amazon don't charge me tax. Allegedly, my state requires me to fill out a tax form if I buy something online from out of state that doesn't charge tax, but supposedly only 10% of the state population even does that.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did tell me when I can expect to receive the item, sometime between yesterday and Friday. Considering they still haven't shipped anything, I'd be impressed if they delivered it to me yesterday. :p

No way will I get it by Friday with super slow free shipping even if they send it out tomorrow.

As for tax, I don't pay tax at Newegg or Overstock, for example, and I used to shop at Buy.com until they started charging me tax. Even third parties that fulfill through Amazon don't charge me tax. Allegedly, my state requires me to fill out a tax form if I buy something online from out of state that doesn't charge tax, but supposedly only 10% of the state population even does that.
There have been times where Amazon has sent something out a day before it was supposed to arrive, and it still arrived on time. If your order doesn't arrive by Friday, I would definitely contact Customer Service again and see what they can do for you. I am not exactly sure how it is with non-Prime, but with the Prime membership the guaranteed delivery date is supposed to be precisely that, guaranteed.

Just out of mere curiosity, what state do you live in? Most retailers will not charge a sales tax unless they have a physical presence in the state. Unfortunately you might be right about most people not paying that "alleged" state tax, but that doesn't alter the fact that you are still required to do so by law in most states.

Anyways, I hope you get your order situation worked out!

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally the Rock has- no wait, I mean finally got my email my blus have shipped.  That was unreal.  This is shades of the debacle I had with the Twin Peaks Gold box set all over again.

bread's done
Back