$1 Blu-rays and DVDs at Dollar Tree (YMMV)...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
I went into Dollar Tree this morning for packs of bubble mailers and saw that Blu Rays and DVDs were being sold there. Dollar Tree stores are on the East Coast. Anyway, they're not used, but they were mostly indie releases. I did find one animated Marvel DVD that I was glad that I happened upon.

Blu-ray:
Blitz
Rampart
The Paperboy
Trespass

DVD:
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes vol. 3

And, I realize there was a Dollar Tree DVD thread before, but it hadn't been updated since 2012, so I thought I should start fresh with a new one. Anyway, happy hunting.

Yep, they're in the South too.

Thanks for the heads OP, I'll buy each of those if they have them
Just to add to the pile- they're also in the Midwest, too! :)

The only time I've purchased any movies from them, though, were $.01, $.25, and $1 discs for BestBuy's dead Trade in deal. RIP...

So out of curiosity where does one usually find DVD's/Blu Rays in a Dollar Tree?  I stopped at one yesterday but didn't hang around very long... place looked like a tornado hit it. 

So out of curiosity where does one usually find DVD's/Blu Rays in a Dollar Tree? I stopped at one yesterday but didn't hang around very long... place looked like a tornado hit it.
I've seen them up front either right where you walk in or at an end cap by the registers and in the Electronics section. It seems to be pretty hit or miss as to what stores carry them.

I scored the following: Home Run, What Maise Knew, Rampart, and Upside down (3d combo pack)

Other stuff they had:

Blitz

Little Bit of Heaven

Bad Lieutenant 

Cosmopolis

nitro circus (in 3d)

The contract

straight a's

red lights

dolan's cadillac

trespass 

titanic (not the james cameron one)

The contract/The code 2-pack

Elephant White

for dvd's they had some seasons of b-rated tv shows. 

Synopsis of Upside Down at Amazon:

"In an alternate universe where twinned worlds have opposite gravities,- a young man battles interplanetary prejudice and the laws of physics in his quest to reunite with the long-lost girl of his dreams in this visually stunning romantic adventure that poses the question: what if love was stronger than gravity?"

Also:Inception Meets Romeo and Juliet! --Film Critic

This sounds like the dumbest and most awesome movie at the exact same time. I might have to weather the storm that is Dollar Tree to find the elusive mystery blu's hiding in the eye...

UPDATE: never mind, it's on Netflix Streaming.  Back to Hearthstone with my pretty greenbacks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upside Down is one of those movies with a really nonsensical concept, but has such a KILLER cast of actors they make it awesome.  Jim Sturgess just owns this movie with his performances but Timothy Spall (Wormtail from the Harry Potter movies) tries his hardest to steal the show.  Great movie, and I'm jealous we don't have any Dollar Trees around here cos that is a deal and a half!

just went there and got the last copy of blitz. i even saw a dvd steelbook there, it was some generic 2-feature film though. Dollar tree is steppin it up

Wow, turns out we DO have a Dollar Tree in town, I had no idea.

I got Cosmopolis (which I've wanted forever) and Trespass, no Upside Down unfortunately.  Thanks for the heads up OP!

I stopped at three different Dollar Tree. Two of them had a bunch of Blu's but they were all mostly the same. One of them had barely any and it wasn't anything that the other stores didn't have.

I got the following (mostly out of curiosity):

• Titanic
  • Red Lights
  • Bernie
  • Blitz
  • The Paperboy
  • The Code/The Contract
  • Upside Down
  • Trespass
I really wanted Cosmopolis, but no luck.

Went to the bigger Dollar tree next to me and found Elephant White and Travis Pastrana Nitro Circus which was a 3d combo pack. Spoke to an employee and she told me next weekend they are going to have a big display of movies for Fathers Day

Went to the bigger Dollar tree next to me and found Elephant White and Travis Pastrana Nitro Circus which was a 3d combo pack. Spoke to an employee and she told me next weekend they are going to have a big display of movies for Fathers Day
Cool, hopefully that's all stores. I am kind of hesitant to go back there though, like one poster said that place really does look like a tornado hit it. What an odd store floorplan that company runs.

These are the blus I saw. I bought 1 of each, since the 2 other stores in the area sold out already.

I'm too lazy to type them out. ;)

Went back today and all the Blus were gone except Nitro Circus. I bought the last one along with DVD copies of Tekkonkinkreet and Don't Mess With the Zohan. Don't know why, but when I started this thread, I thought the Blus would remain plentiful. Guy at the register didn't know whether or not they would be restocked or not.

I checked my store yesterday- the only Blu left was Trespass, and the only notable DVD was Zohan.  I was hoping for some $1 3D Blus, but oh well...

I almost made a new thread, but found this before I did.  I was at Dollar Tree earlier today and they still had quite a few.  For a buck each, I ended up grabbing one of each BD they had, if only to pad my movie collection.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24190]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24189]
That was the last Upside-Down 3D, before anyone asks.

I'd about given up on my locations before i found one who had it advertised on the front window, went in and they had about 30 blu rays total, I got about 9 of them including the titles like Titanic, Upside Down, Paperboy, and What Maisie Knew... 

Was hoping to find Babymakers... but struck out... guess the deep south doesnt get too many blu rays since people down here are so technologically retarded and would probably think they would play on a cd player

I only went to one and this is what I bought. I grabbed one of each

20140612_174734.jpg

20140612_174757.jpg

DT on Almeda Genoa in Houston. They still have one of each

Damn, Sam, that's a good haul.

I found another Dollar Tree in a less desirable area and their DVDs and Blus were displayed in a knee-level bin so it hadn't been completely bought out. Since I gave my uncle the copy of Rampart on Blu that I originally bought for his birthday, I bought another one for myself and one for my stepfather. I also bought other Blus - Trespass (x2), The Paperboy (x2) and a copy of What Maisie Knew, which I hadn't seen at the other store. The store wasn't in a great area so most people probably skipped over the Blus. These make good gifts because certain ones like Trespass and The Paperboy are listed on Best Buy's website as selling for $24.99 each, so it looks like you spent a lot more than you did.

There were also lots of copies of new CDs with Best Buy stickers on them. The only artist I knew was James Blunt, and I don't remember the name of the album. I'm not really into music like that.

I need to hit some more up. I bought 18 and still don't have all of them yet. Reading through the other posts, I'm missing a good amount of blus. I just hope I can get them all.

Thanks OP!. I couldn't find any copies of Inside Out, but picked up The Paperboy, Bernie, Rampart, and 3 copies of Tekkon Kinkreet.

Tekkon Kinkreet is awesome for those who haven't seen it. This is one of my favorite anime flicks. Highly Recommended.

Thanks OP!. I couldn't find any copies of Inside Out, but picked up The Paperboy, Bernie, Rampart, and 3 copies of Tekkon Kinkreet.

Tekkon Kinkreet is awesome for those who haven't seen it. This is one of my favorite anime flicks. Highly Recommended.
You guys aren;t finding "Tekkon Kinkreet" on blu ray right? I've only seen it on DVD. I would buy Zohan if it were on blu, but I have only seen that one on DVD.

I picked up "What Maisie Knew" on blu ray (though they have it on DVD too)

We should try to get a full list, but there probably is one on bluray.com or whatever.

Tekkon Kinkreet seems to only be available for sale on DVD at Dollar Tree. I've seen What Maisie Knew there on both formats. It was suggested that there is a Bernie Blu Ray for sale there, but I've only seen it on DVD there so far. Shopping at Dollar Tree is mainly a crapshoot anyway.

I gave up on finding anything at my closest Dollar Tree all they had was like 50 copies of Zohan. I only managed to get Trespass on BluRay (Which I bought last time DT was selling DVD for $1) and TekkonKinkreet on DVD.

I hit two more when I ran to pick up my daughter from her grandparents' today.  First one had a Limit 5 per person per day sign on the bin.  Zero Blu Ray and only a handful of crappy DVDs left.  That one is right across the street from a pawn shop and down the road from a game/movie resale shop whose owners frequent my GW stores, so I'm sure they all went there.

Second one I stopped at had summer stuff in its feature bin, and no movies at all anywhere.  That one was a very small Dollar Tree though.

You guys aren;t finding "Tekkon Kinkreet" on blu ray right? I've only seen it on DVD. I would buy Zohan if it were on blu, but I have only seen that one on DVD.

I picked up "What Maisie Knew" on blu ray (though they have it on DVD too)

We should try to get a full list, but there probably is one on bluray.com or whatever.
I only found Tekkon Kinkreet on DVD.

Rookie Blue and some other police procedural shows I can't remember.
Thanks,

I'll have to keep an eye out. I checked about 3 Dollar Trees and while they had a huge front bin of Blus and DVDs none were TV shows. The last threeTV shows I found at DT were Huff, Daybreak, and Arliss witch was ages ago.

Thanks,

I'll have to keep an eye out. I checked about 3 Dollar Trees and while they had a huge front bin of Blus and DVDs none were TV shows. The last threeTV shows I found at DT were Huff, Daybreak, and Arliss witch was ages ago.
Yeah those TV shows were packed with the first run of blu rays. I still need Sarah Silverman season 2 part 1.

bread's done
Back