* * * * * 23 votes

Steam Deals Thread V12 ~ Summer Sale on Now!

#3151 Flowette   Level 112 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   2165 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

We're just over 24 hours away from our bi-annual DirkBellig visit. Remember to leave a plate of cookies and a saucer of milk with each post, chaps.

This has been a Steam Thread Public Service Announcement.

#3152 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14006 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

snip

Looks like the other no-thank-you bandit was an alt account: HeisenbergsCourier

Reported for promoting drugs.

And this one seems to be Vetus. Has a lot of bundle games, including Zeno Clash 2 which he took two copies of. Let's all invite him to rage groups.

#3153 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

The anticipation for the forthcoming Steam Sale seems fairly low.  I need some hype, stat.

GOG sale's where it's at.  Steam's gone mainsteam and is no longer cool.  Only neophytes and posers line up outside the steam sale nowdays.

I guess it's time I stopped buying bundles when 5/6 were repeats and I thought only two  were already in my inventory.

Seasoned Rookie Mistake. ;)

#3154 tyfreak   Banned Banned   766 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

re: Nordic and Black Mirror 1 Steam keys.

http://steamcommunit...744934266672920

Nordic Rep:

ME:

u should call them thq 2.0 since they chagne http://uproxx.com/ga...d-nordic-games/

#3155 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Daily Deal

Aliens: Colonial Marines - $19.99 $4.99

Random Deals

Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74

Abyss Odyssey - $14.99 $9.99

#3156 tyfreak   Banned Banned   766 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

The anticipation for the forthcoming Steam Sale seems fairly low.  I need some hype, stat.

photo-thumb-30081.jpg?_r=1391659820

bitchslap u neuro to shut up ehheeh

#3157 tyfreak   Banned Banned   766 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

Daily Deal

dlc on sale what shocker usually most game dont have sale much heheh

#3158 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4204 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Daily Deal

Random Deals
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Abyss Odyssey - $14.99 $9.99

I'm curious about Abyss odyssey. I think I'll have to check the russian price when i'm not so mobile.

#3159 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Indie Gala Greenlight Bundle 3

PWYW

Pay $1

Two mystery games to unlock.

#3160 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Looks good for Soul Gambler. If you're one of the three people (including me) who bought the IR Debut 12, you already have Luna's Wandering Stars and Yrminsul. 

#3161 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8736 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

I'm curious about Abyss odyssey. I think I'll have to check the russian price when i'm not so mobile.

232.68 Putinbucks / $6.74 Obamabucks.

#3162 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

Sadly only missing the DLC from this one :)

I remember fawning over the intro of these games on my Amiga ... and the character generator ... I spent weeks on those <3

The new one is Terribad and that's after tons of patching. You should have seen the shape it was in on release.

But at that price and with all the crap getting in lately it's just not even worth complaining about anymore. Shitty cheap Steam games is par for the course these days.

#3163 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Looks like the other no-thank-you bandit was an alt account: HeisenbergsCourier

Reported for promoting drugs.

And this one seems to be Vetus. Has a lot of bundle games, including Zeno Clash 2 which he took two copies of. Let's all invite him to rage groups.

I guess I can relate to the desire to stay below the radar. I'm a complete Steam newbie, so owning up to getting a freebie is kind of... embarrassing I guess. But, it seems to me that saying thanks, doesn't need to be motivated by any sort of altruism, or the like. One can do it purely out of self-interest. If you don't say thanks, and you are excessively greedy, then it seems to me that the generosity could be discouraged.

I don't think anyone has even asked for Dear Esther yet, and the offer was made quite a while ago. That would require too much personal interaction I guess, but if it was a code it would have been gone in a minute. I do my share of lurking, (my post count per year is horrible), but it seems to me that if one is going to go around getting handouts, they should at least have the decency to offer some sort of acknowledgement.

#3164 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2233 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Looks good for Soul Gambler. If you're one of the three people (including me) who bought the IR Debut 12, you already have Luna's Wandering Stars and Yrminsul. 

Other Repeats:

Data Hacker, Ched were in IR Debut 13.

Magic Meisters was in BAGB 6.

Myrne was in CotW Central Europe.

#3165 soulkyo   I don't have time to play but I keep on hoarding. CAGiversary!   1024 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Didn't know you could un-buy something from your desura collection. I accidentally did that with a game and it was removed from my collection, why would that option be necessary (other than removing Bad Rats from your account)? I had to look up for my key and use it again, luckily it activated again.

#3166 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14006 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Other Repeats:

Data Hacker, Ched were in IR Debut 13.

Magic Meisters was in BAGB 6.

Myrne was in CotW Central Europe.

One Day for Ched was also in BAGB 6.

#3167 KingofOldSchool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

KingofOldSchool

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Another give away. First one to reply to this message will get a copy of Reus.

#3168 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

How about we give away some bundle fodder just before the Summer Sale? You know, to save a few bucks?

Bundle Fodder Madness is Over

Spoiler

others that are gone:
Spoiler

Edit: updated as of 9:18 pm EST

#3169 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7566 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Another give away. First one to reply to this message will get a copy of Reus.

May I have it?

#3170 EdgeZephyr   Gear Messiah CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

EdgeZephyr

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

-Bundle Fodder Snip-

Hrm. Didn't realize when I sent a PM that I don't actually have 10x posts in this Steam thread. If previous threads don't count as well, then I guess disregard my entry and feel free to publicly ridicule me! =P

#3171 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Amazon's TonyPhone is official.

http://arstechnica.c...the-fire-phone/

#3172 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

I don't know what's more ridiculous, this or the Windows Phone.

#3173 KrAzY3   The 3 is silent. CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

I'm still trying to figure a lot of stuff out, so I don't have much to contribute to the conversation.

But, does anyone else have a setup for older Windows games? I have a Commodore 64, an Atari 520ST, a couple older Macs, but I haven't really put together a decent Windows XP gaming machine. I like the idea of running these older Steam titles on a setup more like the designers had in mind.

I'm going to take this Viper case, pair it with my 21 inch Trinitron CRT, put a lot of antiquated parts in it (Pentirum 4, AGP graphics card, etc...), and install Windows XP. I guess that's kind of pointless for the most part, but... I'm a nerd.

#3174 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

I don't know what's more ridiculous, this or the Windows Phone.

I have a Lumina 521 as a backup phone ($60 shipped)... it gets the core stuff right, but there's just not much beyond the core stuff.  Honestly the WinPho 8.1 update looks to add quite a bit.

WinPho makes sense to me at the low end (far better than sub-$100 crapdroid stuff).  But the TonyPhone is clearly competing against flagship phones, so I don't see the comparison too relevant.  We'll need to wait for TonyPhone reviews to see if it really delivers on it's promises.

I'm surprised it's priced like an iPhone, it had better deliver.

#3175 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5275 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

Didn't know you could un-buy something from your desura collection. I accidentally did that with a game and it was removed from my collection, why would that option be necessary (other than removing Bad Rats from your account)? I had to look up for my key and use it again, luckily it activated again.

Selling used Desura keys? inb4 activate, take steam key, remove & activate on another account to get unlimited steam keys.

#3176 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14006 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

I have a Lumina 521 as a backup phone ($60 shipped)... it gets the core stuff right, but there's just not much beyond the core stuff.  Honestly the WinPho 8.1 update looks to add quite a bit.

WinPho makes sense to me at the low end (far better than sub-$100 crapdroid stuff).  But the TonyPhone is clearly competing against flagship phones, so I don't see the comparison too relevant.  We'll need to wait for TonyPhone reviews to see if it really delivers on it's promises.

You have a Nokia Lumia 521. A Lumina is a type of car. ;)

I have the same phone, and it's great for the price. OS crashes on me sometimes, but otherwise runs efficiently and doesn't use up much battery power. The only thing I really use other than voice and text is Pandora, which is integrated well. Facebook is also integrated nicely into the Metro theme, although there's no way to like individual comments. Then again, I bought mine outright and am on an account that gives me unlimited everything for free, so I'm a little biased when compared to the $600+ S5.

#3177 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

Frankly, I don't think that matters in the overall scheme of things. Maybe it's a great device, I don't know and may never know. What I do know is that Apple has the lion's share of the phone market, Samsung and various third-party Android devices have the hyena's share, and what remains isn't really worth trying to eat. I think Microsoft and Amazon are dreaming if they think their devices will supplant the market leaders. That's why I always thought the Windows Phone was a goofy idea and this seems equally silly.

I'm not saying that as an Apple fan either. I do like my wife's iPad mini as a device, but I prefer Android as an O/S. (I have a Moto X that I like a lot because I mostly want a phone that has good phone features; I'm not all that interested in playing games on a phone or having a lot of pointless apps I'll never use on it.) I think the iPhone is cluttered and ugly and it's not very customizable unless you jailbreak it. I also think the Amazon device, which, based on the images shown, is essentially an iPhone clone, will suffer from the same problem.  

#3178 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8258 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

Meh, I'm missing 1 Colonial Marines DLC after getting the game + Season Pass for $3, but 75% off is too high for that piece of shit. 80%+ or bust!

Anyone wanna bet Colonial Marines is the only game desperate enough for sales to be the daily deal before the summer sale?

#3179 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

Frankly, I don't think that matters in the overall scheme of things. Maybe it's a great device, I don't know and may never know. What I do know is that Apple has the lion's share of the phone market, Samsung and various third-party Android devices have the hyena's share, and what remains isn't really worth trying to eat. I think Microsoft and Amazon are dreaming if they think their devices will supplant the market leaders. That's why I always thought the Windows Phone was a goofy idea and this seems equally silly.

I'm not saying that as an Apple fan either. I do like my wife's iPad mini as a device, but I prefer Android as an O/S. (I have a Moto X that I like a lot because I mostly want a phone that has good phone features; I'm not all that interested in playing games on a phone or having a lot of pointless apps I'll never use on it.) I think the iPhone is cluttered and ugly and it's not very customizable unless you jailbreak it. I also think the Amazon device, which, based on the images shown, is essentially an iPhone clone, will suffer from the same problem.  

You're thinking like an American Imperialist.

While a few years ago you couldn't get a decent  smartphone for less than $600... there's now an exciting mid-range market, e.g. Nexus 5, $300-$400.  There are some quality phones at $200, e.g. Moto G.  There's a developing ~$100 and below market, e.g. $130 Moto E, sub-$100 Lumia 521.  There's more growth in the lower segments of the market.

There's a large worldwide market for decent and cheap phones in developing countries and for struggling Europeans/Americans.

#3180 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

You're thinking like an American Imperialist.

While a few years ago you couldn't get a decent  smartphone for less than $600... there's now an exciting mid-range market, e.g. Nexus 5, $300-$400.  There are some quality phones at $200, e.g. Moto G.  There's a developing ~$100 and below market, e.g. $130 Moto E, sub-$100 Lumia 521.  There's more growth in the lower segments of the market.

There's a large worldwide market for decent and cheap phones in developing countries and for struggling Europeans/Americans.

You don't have to be struggling to balk at paying $600 for a phone.