* * * * * 23 votes

Steam Deals Thread V12 ~ Summer Sale on Now!

#4651 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10281 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

They'll both be in the next HIB.  STAY STRONG.

I knooooow. Bundles actually make it so I don't feel like I should buy much of anything this sale, unless it's a major game. Indie stuff seems inevitable to get bundled. It's kind of sad, in a way.

#4652 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22746 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

Any others here want to split a 4-pack on the Payday 2 base-game?

That would make it $4.50 per person ($18 / 4 = $4.50).

I'll accept Paypal + Amazon Gift Cards.

When I get ONE more buyers, I'll go buy that 4-pack.

Don't pay me until we got a complete list of buyers here.

Once we got a full list of buyers here...

Money / payment up front (before I give you the Gift via Steam),.

Here's the list of who went in on Payday 2 4-pack so far (which I will edit), if anyone wants in:

1) MysterD -> The Host of this 4 pack

2) Indignate -> deal completed.

3) Huberwoller -> deal completed.

4) Lastemp3ror -> deal completed.

FINAL EDIT:

THANKS to all who contributed and joined in on getting this 4-pack done afloat!

Freaking awesome!

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4653 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

And a fair amount of content DLC's are actually FREE: Shadow Raid, Election Day, Charlie Santa Heist, Diamond Store Heist.

Nothing is free. It was all released because of a huge uproar the devs got when the game was released half-assed, missing tons of promised content, and lots of the maps/assets were recycled in many maps.

#4654 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22746 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

Nothing is free. It was all released because of a huge uproar the devs got when the game was released half-assed, missing tons of promised content, and lots of the maps/assets were recycled in many maps.

Really?

Well, thanks for the info!

Good to know.

Edited my post earlier w/ link to what you said.

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4655 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10281 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

Been playing 100% Orange Juice. I feel...confused.

#4656 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5284 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

They'll both be in the next HIB.  STAY STRONG.

For once I hope you're right about HIB contents.

Payday 2 is like 29 gb, soooo yea

That won't be an issue if Chorus hurry the **** up already.

:-k

#4657 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3964 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

I liked the original payday. Tried Payday 2 during free weekend... and I'm indifferent about it. It seems to be good and an have some improvements over the first one, but I don't know why I did't like playing it. Maybe because it looks like a grindfest. I don't usually have problems with grinding, but this one seems excessive.

The price is great, but... Meh

#4658 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18553 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Payday isn't 20whatever gigs. It's about 11. After all the updating they've done to the game, they've also done things to decrease the size and the Steam page just hasn't updated to reflect that.

Also, you don't need to own the mission type DLC as long as the host owns it.

Here's the list so far (which I will edit), if anyone wants in:

1) MysterD -> The Host of this 4 pack

2) Indignate

3) 

4)

I'll be up for this.

Game is hella dope though.

Someone come throw away all my figurines.

#4659 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   1412 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

No one plays games on gog anyway.

Are there any good mods for Witcher 1?

I used a few mods the last time I played through The Witcher:

You can also check out:

The game also shipped with an adventure editor and there are fan made campaigns out there. I don't have much experience with those though.

Is there a Steam multi-buy thread?  If not, anyone got one going for Risk of Rain?

You should check out this thread and  this thread.  A lot of group buyers and international folks with cheaper steam prices post their offers there.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#4660 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22746 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

I'll be up for this.

Sweet!

Now I just need 2 more who want in on splitting this pack! :D

Anyone else want in on splitting a 4-pack of Payday 2 base-game for $4.50 Paypal or Amazon GC?

#4661 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10281 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

Game is hella dope though.

I actually just read through some of the manual for 100% Orange Juice. I always forget there are digital manuals for games.

I was trying to figure out why battles always seemed to do damage no matter what. Seems that battles will always do 1 damage to opponent unless they manage to successfully Evade. Defend will always deal 1 damage...I think.

#4662 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18553 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

I actually just read through some of the manual for 100% Orange Juice. I always forget there are digital manuals for games.

I was trying to figure out why battles always seemed to do damage no matter what. Seems that battles will always do 1 damage to opponent unless they manage to successfully Evade. Defend will always deal 1 damage...I think.

The die rolls get added to the attackers attack and the defenders defense or evade depending on what they choose. Then it's simple math of Attack-Defense=Damage. There were always be at least 1 point of damage dealt no matter how high the defense is over the attack, so you're right on that.

Evasion is Evade>Attack=No damage. If you roll equal or less than their Attack, you take all the damage.

#4663 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22746 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

Okay, all buyers lined-up for Payday 2 splitting 4-pack! :D

#4664 Freshnub   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

I am also willing to participate in a payday 2 4 pack. PM me please

#4665 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   1412 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

Hosting a Risk of Rain 4-Pack if anyone missed out on it yesterday.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#4666 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22746 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

I am also willing to participate in a payday 2 4 pack. PM me please

My list is already full now.

Sorry. :(

You might wanna host a 4-pack or get in on someone else's 4-pack.

#4667 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10281 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

The die rolls get added to the attackers attack and the defenders defense or evade depending on what they choose. Then it's simple math of Attack-Defense=Damage. There were always be at least 1 point of damage dealt no matter how high the defense is over the attack, so you're right on that.

Evasion is Evade>Attack=No damage. If you roll equal or less than their Attack, you take all the damage.

Yeah, I finally figured this out, and your comment helps confirm it.

Seems like really good stuff, this game. I may have to round up a CAG or two sometime to play it with me. Running through some matches by myself to figure the basics out for now.

#4668 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18553 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, I finally figured this out, and your comment helps confirm it.

Seems like really good stuff, this game. I may have to round up a CAG or two sometime to play it with me. Running through some matches by myself to figure the basics out for now.

Drop me an add if you want. Some of us picked up a 4-pack so we'll be looking to play soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/natez209/

#4669 vader1671   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

Is anyone doing a Payday2 Four-Pack? If so, I'll throw my hat into it too

Search and Earn free Amazon Coupons here!
Posted Image

#4670 framebender   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

framebender

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

In for a Payday 2 four pack - just need a host.

Edit: got in on one. 

Edited by framebender, 21 June 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#4671 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   1861 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

I'd like to be in on a PayDay 2 4-pack!

I can't host, though.  I'm in Washington State - would have to pay tax.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#4672 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5229 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Running through some matches by myself to figure the basics out for now.

• Cards are compiled from all players and drawn from.
  • There's a card that allows two dice to be used until your next turn. This includes if someone challenges you after you moved but before your next turn, you'll be able to use it.
  • Boss (or any enemy I think) keeps your lost coins from knocking you unconscious. The winner will get all those coins.
  • The only way to 'level' is to play against at least one other person in multiplayer.
  • Like mentioned earlier, you can evade and take no damage but it needs to be higher than the opponents attack or you take all the opponents attack as damage.
  • Defending will always receive at least one damage.
  • Stages/Boards and characters are bought in the shop using coins earned from both single and multiplayer matches.

And of course the AI cheats.

EDIT: Changed wording on the final point from levels to stages/boards as to not confuse that with player levels.

#4673 Cojack426   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

Looking to get in on a Payday 2 4 pack as well. PM if anyone is hosting one. 

#4674 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

could-ve-had-a-v8-2-o.gif

I need to play it myself (and close to 2,000 other games but that's beside the point) 

I know Gilby has praised it and he's one of those BoardGameGeek types.

I'd like to be in on a PayDay 2 4-pack!

I can't host, though.  I'm in Washington State - would have to pay tax.

I feel your pain. 

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#4675 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10281 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Drop me an add if you want. Some of us picked up a 4-pack so we'll be looking to play soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/natez209/

Sweet. Added you.

#4676 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18553 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

• There's a card that allows two dice to be used until your next turn. This includes if someone challenges you after you moved but before your next turn, you'll be able to use it.

Isn't that card Suguri's hyper or is there another card that does something similar?

#4677 spoderman  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

This might be useful to anyone trying to craft the cheapest badge to basically get a free badge each day. You can sort by cheapest card set, and it tells you how many cards you own for each set, avg card price, etc.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#4678 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10281 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

I would just like to let everyone know I actually dreamed I went to a card/comic shop and that they had Steam tokens for sale in little bags. They looked kind of like pins but were metal. The purple team pins were $19.99, and I was thinking, "Sweet, I could sell them online for $10 each profit!" (Based on the $30ish price from yesterday.)

I can't believe I dreamed this. :beer:

#4679 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

This might be useful to anyone trying to craft the cheapest badge to basically get a free badge each day. You can sort by cheapest card set, and it tells you how many cards you own for each set, avg card price, etc.

Except the masses (or the crafting whores anyhow) seemed to have caught on and Counter Strike cards have about doubled in price now.  :cry:

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#4680 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10281 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

• Cards are compiled from all players and drawn from.
  • Boss (or any enemy I think) keeps your lost coins from knocking you unconscious. The winner will get all those coins.
  • The only way to 'level' is to play against at least one other person in multiplayer.
  • Like mentioned earlier, you can evade and take no damage but it needs to be higher than the opponents attack or you take all the opponents attack as damage.
  • Defending will always receive at least one damage.
  • Levels and characters are bought in the shop using coins earned from both single and multiplayer matches.

And of course the AI cheats.

That is very helpful, thank you!. I was wondering what the point of battling the boss was.