* * * * * 23 votes

Steam Deals Thread V12 ~ Summer Sale on Now!

#6151 TheCrippledPizza   Backlog That Ass Up CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

TheCrippledPizza

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

I wonder why Lego Star Wars isn't discounted at all when all the other games are -75%. Especially strange considering it's probably the oldest one.

#6152 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

I wonder why Lego Star Wars isn't discounted at all when all the other games are -75%. Especially strange considering it's probably the oldest one.

Different publisher.

#6153 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

Is Battleblock Theater fun in single player mode?  I already own CC so I'm not sure I want to spend $2.50 on BT if it sucks playing by myself.

#6154 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

I bought both Rogue Legacy and Risk of Rain during previous sales due to the high praise both were receiving here. I was subsequently left in a state of meh by both. Save your money for the inevitable humble if you have waited this long

#6155 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8792 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Disney are assholes. Why sell two copies at half price when you can sell one at full price? Hurr.

#6156 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3563 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

Disney is weird.  Gamefly has had the game for $6.59, but Steam has never had it cheaper than $11.99.  

You've got to be selling next to nothing at $19.99, but if you drop it to $4.99 you'll sell thousands.  Apparently they're happy with the way things are.  

#6157 zico   gifts steam games to self. CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

Anyone else feel the daily team is rigged? It's like it's cycling each team every day. It's such a coincidence that each team miraculously gets 1 million points more each time.

#6158 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

The cool thing about those DLC's is 100% of the proceeds go to various non-profit organizations:

I don't know if I'll ever play this game, but for charity I'll go ahead and buy the DLC.

#6159 TheCrippledPizza   Backlog That Ass Up CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

TheCrippledPizza

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Anyone else feel the daily team is rigged? It's like it's cycling each team every day. It's such a coincidence that each team miraculously gets 1 million points more each time.

There was a leak I saw a few days ago that showed each team winning twice and so far it's been exactly right. Plus, if you compare the lead the winning team has to the lead from the previous day they're basically identical. Not to mention that the daily points breakdown makes absolutely no sense and makes no attempt to explain what it's measuring.

#6160 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

Posted here as well as in the GamersGate thread ...

Anyone that bought The Hasty yet Heroic Majeal Space Operator Bundle from GamersGate should have a Steam key for Smooth Operators: Call Center Chaos

#6161 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

No. You're the only one.

#6162 zico   gifts steam games to self. CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

There was a leak I saw a few days ago that showed each team winning twice and so far it's been exactly right. Plus, if you compare the lead the winning team has to the lead from the previous day they're basically identical. Not to mention that the daily points breakdown makes absolutely no sense and makes no attempt to explain what it's measuring.

Exactly what I thought, so I'm not paranoid. Anyway, I'd enjoy winning 3 games from my wishlist, but I think that's a scam as well.

#6163 Reds303  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

anyone know a Russian I could talk to for cheap steam games?

Krugozor (I think I spelled that right), posts often in the Steam Trading Thread. I haven't bought anything from him yet but he seems like a pretty decent guy.

#6164 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5708 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

So I emailed Tripwire after my disappointment at their DLC discount.  They responded pretty quickly and while they were non-committal (they said they are always experimenting with pricing but don't know what their future pricing may be), it's always nice to get a respond.  They did say that they've never intended their DLC to be 75% off, but I don't really think that's true I do think that's their current policy.  I'm hoping the release for KF2 will loosen their purse strings.  I mean when you are bundling complete bundles it doesn't really make sense to be stingy with the DLC discount.  

You and I are in the same boat. Honestly though, I've given up the fight because I'd rather take that $10 I would have to spend to get all the DLC and put it towards KF2. Sadly, the same thing will probably happen all over again with it.

I didn't realize all the Lego games are on sale, Lego Marvel Heroes looks pretty tempting. 

Unfortunately they are not all on sale.  :headache:

#6165 Reds303  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

At this point I just want the summer sale to end so KF summer event (and KF2 I hope) can get going.

Let's liven things up a bit:

CHEAPLIKEAFOX'S SUMMER SALE 2014 CONTEST!!!

Rules/Requirements:

1.  At least 10 posts in this thread as of my posting this (I saved the post count list so no trying to cheat!)

2.  Must be a CAG Regular/Someone I recognize.

3.  1 entry per person.

4. Submissions close at 5:00 PM PT

How to Enter:

1.  Go to my Google form linked below.

2. Enter your CAG Username.

3. Enter your guess for the next 4 games that will go on FLASH sale.  

4. Submit.

How to Win:

1.  Guess all 4 games correctly.

Prize:

1.  $5 of Steam Summer Sale items - your choice - purchased by me - gifted to you.

Exceptions:

1.  If pigs fly and more than one person guesses all four games I will draw a random name to determine who wins the prize.

Link:

https://docs.google....m?usp=send_form

And before you thank me, the chances of any of you guessing all four correctly are so small this is really just an empty contest full of false hope.  In other words, it fits right in with the Summer Adventure.

Good Luck!

I entered this just because of the free false hope. I like free stuff and all.

#6166 djbooba   Superficial Hitman CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

There was a Reddit post saying for each team to only push on certain days. I figure once one team wins twice, which should be Purple according to the plan, that Purple will betray the alliance and try to win other days.

#6167 Reds303  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Does anyone here actually get an e-mail when something they want goes on sale? I've had that option clicked since the beginning and I don't think I've received one e-mail from Steam. It'd be nice if that actually worked, especially for the flash sales.

#6168 Pheace   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

It wasn't a leak, it was planning by the people themselves, tell people to save and only craft on certain days.

#6169 Wool   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:42 PM

Grabbed Fallout 3 and Mass Effect Collection this morning

Does anyone have a Regret List going yet? I skipped on a few deals I'm kinda wishing I hadn't now. :-(

They will be back. They are always back. When they are, you will get it immediately and then regret buying it instead of regretting not buying it.

I tend to keep track of what I skip so I will know what price wasn't good enough for me last year. It's a long list this year. The only discount I've been pleasantly surprised by has been State of Decay, but I skipped it anyway.

#6170 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

Does anyone here actually get an e-mail when something they want goes on sale? I've had that option clicked since the beginning and I don't think I've received one e-mail from Steam. It'd be nice if that actually worked, especially for the flash sales.

It works for me on daily/weekly normal sales, but I've never gotten one during a summer/winter big sale.

And they usually come 8-10 hours after the sale starts... so flash sales would be out the window anyway.

#6171 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24912 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

Magicka never looses. Magicka shall prevail.

About time that game FINALLY went on sale! ;)

#6172 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

Guys, that El Matador game is soo good. Its a great Max Payne 2 clone, def get it, only $1.74!

#6173 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24912 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

So, it appears Nuuvem is having a Crysis Week Sale.  Of note, the Crysis Trilogy is roughly $16. Origin, obviously.

Crysis games are awesome.

And I hope Crytek gets out their financial crisis/crysis.

#6174 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24912 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

Guys, that El Matador game is soo good. Its a great Max Payne 2 clone, def get it, only $1.74!

El Matador felt, more or less, a Max Payne 2 mod/expansion.

It runs on that MP2 engine, you know.

#6175 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Guys, it was me.

I rigged the race.

#6176 ShadowEX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Sounds good. Love them Max Payne games.

#6177 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24912 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

Sounds good. Love them Max Payne games.

It's certainly worth $1.74 $1.24!

I'll take all 3 Max Paynes over El Matador, though.

#6178 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

El Matador is $1.24, not $1.74

#6179 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20944 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

Just a reminder, my contest closes in two hours so get your pointless entries in before then!

#6180 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8740 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Krugozor (I think I spelled that right), posts often in the Steam Trading Thread. I haven't bought anything from him yet but he seems like a pretty decent guy.

+1. My favourite trader on CAG, really great guy who just likes helping out other CAGs with getting better prices.