* * * * * 23 votes

Steam Deals Thread V12 ~ Summer Sale on Now!

#2941 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

Yea, Ubi hiding the e3 2012 graphics in Watch Dogs on pc, lol. 

yGCQWdT.jpg

Oh yeah, I saw that yesterday. Strange shit.

All right, caught up on today's pages and the only thing worthwhile (not really) is free Peggle. :-&

Ok why do I type the puking smiley, and it shows up in edit, but when I submit the post it turns into a different smiley? CAG is broken.

#2942 ruuin   Vayaansias CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

I hope Ruiin is quick on the pm's during the steam sale.

Ruuin and Tomasety will be ready for PMs. We'll try to do our best. :)

#2943 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

Ruuin and Tomasety will be ready for PMs. We'll try to do our best. :)

No no no... he is faster, don't count on me with quick pms. We both are like Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner

#2944 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Bundle Stars The Beautiful Game Bundle - $3.25 for 5 Games & 4 DLCs

1. New Star Soccer 5 
  2. Lords of Football 
  3. Lords of Football: United States DLC 
  4. Lords of Football: Super Training DLC
  5. Lords of Football: Eastern Europe DLC 
  6. Actua Soccer 3 
  7. Canyon Capers
  8. Canyon Capers: Rio Fever DLC 
  9. FootLOL: Epic Fail League

Note: Canyon Capers - Rio Fever DLC just got released on Steam today.

#2945 akmgmer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Not a bad Bundlestars bundle.  I'll probably pick that one up.  Already have Lords of Football and the DLC for it because I'm an idiot but the rest is new for me.

#2946 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8799 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

FootLOL has been in a bunch of bundles already, Actua Soccer is part of a series also known as VR Soccer ('96 is sold at GOG), and Canyon Capers... I hadn't even heard of the game before.

I might pick this up for that. How is Lords of Football? What is it, a sim?

#2947 imac2much   The Angry Baker CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

Hi everyone!
Finally back from my trip out of town.  

My give-away contest ends today!

So far I have entries from the following members:

BrownDerby, Fox 3.0, cyrus386, Financial Partner, klawd, ltrain23, MNS, pasports, waggles, zenii, spoder

Let me know if I didn't catch your submission and you already posted.

I will choose 3 winners (1 for each comic strip), and that winner will get a game of their choice during the Summer Sale for $9.99 or less.

Thanks everyone!

#2948 Flowette   Level 112 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   2166 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

This is my favourite thing today:

http://steamreviewwatch.tumblr.com

[Insert your favourite Mooby punchline here]

:whee:

#2949 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Three of them have cards and FootLOL also has Playfire rewards for the next two days.

#2950 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

Yea, Ubi hiding the e3 2012 graphics in Watch Dogs on pc, lol. 

yGCQWdT.jpg

So Ubisoft doesn't give a shit about PC gamers and pulls a bait and switch showing a game at a trade show with visual enhancements that don't exist in the final shipped game. In other news, the sky is blue.

FootLOL has been in a bunch of bundles already, Actua Soccer is part of a series also known as VR Soccer ('96 is sold at GOG), and Canyon Capers... I hadn't even heard of the game before.

I either have most of the games in that bundle or they look terrible. There's one review for Actua Soccer 3 that says

This game doesn't work on my computer.

but i'm happy because i found my childhood.

*Edit: Okay someone just posted a second review that it works for them, so crap shoot (or crap chute :booty:) I guess. *shrug*

Lords of Football is basically a low rent The Sims with a little bit of soccer thrown in for good measure.

Canyon Capers is the only one that looks interesting to me but it's published by KISS so very likely to be bundled again somewhere else.

#2951 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

So Ubisoft doesn't give a shit about PC gamers and pulls a bait and switch showing a game at a trade show with visual enhancements that don't exist in the final shipped game. In other news, the sky is blue.

Because PC gamers are all Pirates! Just ask Playfire..

ARRRR!
383px-Piratey,_vector_version.svg.png

#2952 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Their CEO flat out said that 93-95% of PC gamers pirate. I'm not really sure what they think the millions and millions of people on Steam are doing exactly. Or for that matter why they are so chintzy with sales if they truly think we're all pirating instead of doing what they do in Russia and sell the games cheap so people don't pirate them as much.

Ubisoft's logic escapes me. They basically just make assumptions and pull things out of their ass and then blame other people when things go wrong.

#2953 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1677 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Because PC gamers are all Pirates! Just ask Playfire..

ARRRR!
383px-Piratey,_vector_version.svg.png

That's the EXACT kind of pirate Playfire is worried about. He can't complete most achievements, having only one hand and one foot and all. But that hand is pretty damn good at opening programs and clicking check boxes.

#2954 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Groupees is having the Dollar Days for Be Mine 13 right now.

#2955 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hey guys i've been playing alot of The Long War mod for XCOM: Enemy Within and am loving the heck out of it. It's interesting in that it makes  the game harder and easier at the same time. Easier in that you can bring more than the usual 6 soldiers into battle, more perks and more weapon tiers. Harder in that it brings in harder enemies much faster, and shooting down ufo's is much harder. Anyways, check it out if you enjoyed XCOM but thought the campaign was a bit lacking

http://www.nexusmods.../xcom/mods/88/?

#2956 spoderman  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Well, that's the last time I buy 3 hours before a Groupees bundle ends. Anyway, if anyone's interested I'm selling full bundles for $1.10 paypal

#2957 - Glenn -  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

Goddammit! lol

This is my favourite thing today:

http://steamreviewwatch.tumblr.com

[Insert your favourite Mooby punchline here]

:whee:

On a similar note, I was playing XCom: Declassified & it took me about 7 hours to realize I wasn't having fun.  I was powering through the missions & then I finally hit one that I thought was almost over, only to find out that it wasn't.  The annoyance I felt at that discovery made me realize it was time to move on.

The main thing that annoyed me about the game?  Carter's default & sprint speeds.  His normal 'jog' was ridiculously slow for a game that involved running around to talk to people constantly or moving from conflict to conflict within a mission.  There was a whole lot of bodily motion for a speed I could beat easily with a brisk walk (not even a power walk).  His actual sprint wasn't much better, it may have even been the same speed with a zoomed camera.  Oh and mapping the sprint and cover/climb cover on the same button - great design choice guys.   :wall:

I then decided to start up Assassin's Creed III.  I was doing alright with it at first, until I realized I was falling into their collectible crap trap, just like I always do.  As I was sprinting through colonial Boston chasing a page of Ben Franklin's Almanac being blown away by the wind when I ran into a group of orphans.  This cooing brats for some reason attracted the guards - who then, again for some reason, decided I was up to no good (even though I hadn't actually done wrong in the country yet) who then started chasing/shooting at me.

I'm going back to the game later today, but I am going to try an reign in my collection compulsion.  

Oh, and Ben Franklin's a dick.

#2958 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21073 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, it's a sim.  I think most of the DLC except the Super Training one, is purely cosmetic and it's supposed to be pretty bad.  I'm still considering this bundle though to get the rest of the DLC I don't have, FootLOL for playfire rewards, and Actua.  

#2959 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Bloody hell, I bought it right before it ended thinking they were not going to have one. You win again, Groupees.

#2960 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

Bloody hell, I bought it right before it ended thinking they were not going to have one. You win again, Groupees.

No,  Fuck them. As a cheap ass gamer, I somehow feel violated. 

#2961 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

No,  Fuck them. As a cheap ass gamer, I somehow feel violated. 

Being violated is how I pay for bundles. Groupees is trying to mix work with pleasure.

#2962 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4699 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Groupees is having the Dollar Days for Be Mine 13  Fuck ing the last minute buyers right now.

ftfy

#2963 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

What did Groupees say to early Be Mine 13 buyers?

tumblr_n42oy2YcFE1se9fcoo4_500.gif

#2964 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

Deadpool Pinball next week

#2965 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8785 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

Well, that's the last time I buy 3 hours before a Groupees bundle ends. Anyway, if anyone's interested I'm selling full bundles for $1.10 paypal

Don't listen to spoder... I'm selling bundles for 1.09

#2966 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21073 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

dyn5nl.jpg

#2967 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8799 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

Ha ha ha holy crap.

They got Nolan North and the other actor from the Deadpool game to reprise their roles for the PINBALL TABLE?

My god, I might just buy that at full price.

#2968 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

I think they're trying to be more consistent with the voices. I noticed Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Lego Marvel, and the pinball tables use a lot of the same actors.

#2969 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8799 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

I think they're trying to be more consistent with the voices. I noticed Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Lego Marvel, and the pinball tables use a lot of the same actors.

North has been voicing Deadpool for a while now, but a lot of times they can't get the same actors because of contractual or work obligations. North wasn't Deadpool in the Ultimate Spider-Man show, for example... and he sounds wrong.

He was also voiced by John Kassir (the motha-killin' Crypt Keeper!) in a few games, but I haven't played those so I don't know if he did a good job.

And then there's X-Men Origins; Wolverine. We don't talk about that one. Well, after he got Deadpooled. He was fine before being Deadpooled. Yow.

#2970 Red_Lizard2  

Red_Lizard2

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, it's a sim. I think most of the DLC except the Super Training one, is purely cosmetic and it's supposed to be pretty bad. I'm still considering this bundle though to get the rest of the DLC I don't have, FootLOL for playfire rewards, and Actua.

Lords of Football is meh, I like one feature of the match engine. It's biggest flaw is you can't pause during training/night time making management near impossible. The dlc adds new leagues as far as I recall, not much of a needed addition.