Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call CE/LE Announced

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
EDIT: Guess I wasn't going crazy after all!

antQCQQ.jpg

1oRMFd4.jpg

Collector’s Edition Announced; Additional Pre-Order Incentive Upgrades Fans to Free Limited Edition Version
LOS ANGELES (June 3, 2014) – Designed for every music and FINAL FANTASY® fan, SQUARE ENIX, Inc. today announced a Collector’s Edition and a pre-order incentive for its upcoming rhythm action game, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL™.

Limited to 5,000 copies, the first-ever Collector’s Edition for the THEATRHYTHM franchise will feature a branded Nintendo 3DS™ system Collector’s Pouch, a robust 20-track ‘THE BEST OF THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL’ Music CD, ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks)”, and five premium CollectaCards from the game. The Collector’s Edition will be available for $69.99 exclusively through the SQUARE ENIX Online Store.

Fans that pre-order the standard edition of the game will receive a complimentary upgrade to a Limited Edition version of the title, which includes the ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks).” Pre-orders for THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL are now available through Amazon.

Featuring adorable miniaturized art style, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL includes 221 songs and over 60 playable characters from the FINAL FANTASY® franchise – including FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN® and FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®, as well as recently released titles like LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn®. Players can relive nostalgic moments as they tap their way through key FINAL FANTASY events, field themes and battle arrangements. In addition, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY: CURTAIN CALL will feature two brand-new modes, the competitive Versus Mode and Quest Medleys, which can be shared via Nintendo 3DS StreetPass™.

THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL will be available on Tuesday, September 16th for $39.99 exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system. The game is rated “T” (Teen). For more information on ratings, visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org.

Related Links
Official Website: www.theatrhythm.com
Official Facebook® Page: www.facebook.com/theatrhythm

=======================================================

Didn't see anything about this in my searching, so please tap to the rhythm if old.

I was checking my Amazon preorders when I noticed this small blurb on the Curtain Call page:

gVIlQRv.png

Strange description. Is the "alternative packaging" the game itself? Are they saying there's more to the "Limited Edition" than the CD sampler? Probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I glanced and nearly had a mini heart attack thinking we were getting the XL.....still cool nonetheless.....I just want that damn XL.....

The pre-order limited edition upgrade doesn't seem to be listed anymore.  

Nevermind.  It's listed again.

Boom goes the dynamite.

antQCQQ.jpg

1oRMFd4.jpg

Collector’s Edition Announced; Additional Pre-Order Incentive Upgrades Fans to Free Limited Edition Version
LOS ANGELES (June 3, 2014) – Designed for every music and FINAL FANTASY® fan, SQUARE ENIX, Inc. today announced a Collector’s Edition and a pre-order incentive for its upcoming rhythm action game, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL™.

Limited to 5,000 copies, the first-ever Collector’s Edition for the THEATRHYTHM franchise will feature a branded Nintendo 3DS™ system Collector’s Pouch, a robust 20-track ‘THE BEST OF THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL’ Music CD, ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks)”, and five premium CollectaCards from the game. The Collector’s Edition will be available for $69.99 exclusively through the SQUARE ENIX Online Store.

Fans that pre-order the standard edition of the game will receive a complimentary upgrade to a Limited Edition version of the title, which includes the ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks).” Pre-orders for THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL are now available through Amazon.

Featuring adorable miniaturized art style, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL includes 221 songs and over 60 playable characters from the FINAL FANTASY® franchise – including FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN® and FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®, as well as recently released titles like LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn®. Players can relive nostalgic moments as they tap their way through key FINAL FANTASY events, field themes and battle arrangements. In addition, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY: CURTAIN CALL will feature two brand-new modes, the competitive Versus Mode and Quest Medleys, which can be shared via Nintendo 3DS StreetPass™.

THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL will be available on Tuesday, September 16th for $39.99 exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system. The game is rated “T” (Teen). For more information on ratings, visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org.

Related Links
Official Website: www.theatrhythm.com
Official Facebook® Page: www.facebook.com/theatrhythm

The PS4 CE of FFXIV that was supposed to be Square Enix Store exclusive as well ended up being available to preorder directly from Amazon a couple weeks prior to launch, so will wait and see if the same thing happens because, as much as I loved the first game, if the choice is $80 from Square Enix store for cool cards and some CDs I'll never listen to versus cart only for $40, I'll take the cart only.

Hell, this is the type of game that is better suited for digital anyway to always have on the system like Animal Crossing, as much as I prefer physical over digital.

The PS4 CE of FFXIV that was supposed to be Square Enix Store exclusive as well ended up being available to preorder directly from Amazon a couple weeks prior to launch, so will wait and see if the same thing happens because, as much as I loved the first game, if the choice is $80 from Square Enix store for cool cards and some CDs I'll never listen to versus cart only for $40, I'll take the cart only.
I wouldn't hold my breath. It is limited to only 5,000 copies, which is an insanely small print run. Drakengard 3, a pretty much critically panned game, was also limited to only 5,000 copies of the CE and retailed for $79.99 and is now routinely selling for $140-150 on eBay. I am not 100% positive, but I am pretty damn sure that this game will have a lot more demand than Drakengard 3.

Hmm.. Might pick this up for a buddy of mine for his birthday. Would be the second year in a row I got him something Final Fantasy related (last year I got him that huge hardcover artbook).

Ended up buying from the Square Enix store, I'll probably regret it. I'm upset they don't have free shipping if you spend $100 anymore. 

My Square-Enix boycott continues, though Digital River makes it THAT much easier for me.   :razz:

Do they charge when you place the order or when ship?
If you do paypal, when you place order

If you do credit card it does a hold, where it verifies the money is there, charge will disappear after like 3 business days then you're charged when it ships

Hm. Other than that awesome case, there really isn't anything in the collectors edition that can justify paying $80+ after shipping. Still really cool though. If it was ten bucks cheaper and available at all retailers, I'd probably bite. 

Yeah we know its in the thread dedicated to collectors editions so the main page doesnt get clogged up with non deal msrp postings for every CE that comes out.

Hmm.. really want that case, but is it for the 3ds or the XL? I can't tell.. If its for the XL I might buy it considering it would match the zelda 3DSXL nicely. Dat shipping tho..

Yeah we know its in the thread dedicated to collectors editions so the main page doesnt get clogged up with non deal msrp postings for every CE that comes out.
No one hops on CAG and says "Hmm, I think I'm in the mood for a CE today; I might go check that thread and see if they happened to announce a Theatrhythm CE out of the blue that I would have otherwise had no prior knowledge of."

We open the VG deals page, and scroll down looking for titles of games we might be interested in, then click threads from there.

No one hops on CAG and says "Hmm, I think I'm in the mood for a CE today; I might go check that thread and see if they happened to announce a Theatrhythm CE out of the blue that I would have otherwise had no prior knowledge of."

We open the VG deals page, and scroll down looking for titles of games we might be interested in, then click threads from there.
This.

And it's not like 4 CE's get announced every week. They're not in such an abundant amount that it really even affects the deals section.

Thats why you change the title to the latest one, which is what they still or at least use to do. "Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: Tales of Xillia 2 CE)" Yeah... it really is that simple, but then again, most people don't use logic / common sense, so I haven't a clue why I'm surprised. =\

This.

And it's not like 4 CE's get announced every week. They're not in such an abundant amount that it really even affects the deals section.
See my reply above.

Thats why you change the title to the latest one, which is what they still or at least use to do. "Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: Tales of Xillia 2 CE)" Yeah... it really is that simple, but then again, most people don't use logic / common sense, so I haven't a clue why I'm surprised. =\

See my reply above.
I 'm more of with the other posters who just browse the forum and look for specific titles that I am interested in. If I see the Official Collector's edition compilation thread, I would normally ignore it because it doesn't update often enough. When it actually does update, I mostly just ignore it because I can't tell right away if it's updated. I'm digging on the first page for a new interesting deal and if a new title pops up, then it catches my attention. The official coll ed comp thread is always the same title and I expect it to be not updated because I've clicked into that thread way too many times already. I have no idea if the latest game title on the thread itself is a much later release than another game. So I just never look at that thread anymore. I get sick of seeing the same title everytime i check, so I just would prefer each game have it's own thread. If I don't care for the new collector's ed game, I just ignore the new thread. simpler for me than a compiled thread.

I 'm more of with the other posters who just browse the forum and look for specific titles that I am interested in. If I see the Official Collector's edition compilation thread, I would normally ignore it because it doesn't update often enough. When it actually does update, I mostly just ignore it because I can't tell right away if it's updated. I'm digging on the first page for a new interesting deal and if a new title pops up, then it catches my attention. The official coll ed comp thread is always the same title and I expect it to be not updated because I've clicked into that thread way too many times already. I have no idea if the latest game title on the thread itself is a much later release than another game. So I just never look at that thread anymore. I get sick of seeing the same title everytime i check, so I just would prefer each game have it's own thread. If I don't care for the new collector's ed game, I just ignore the new thread. simpler for me than a compiled thread.
Except this isn't a news site and it's not a listing of every new release that is open for preorders. It's a deals forum. The compromise that was reached to avoid every niche or CE/LE title from getting its own thread was to create various master threads for things like this. I can honestly say in the last few months this site has become a total dumping ground and despite the fact that I visit here multiple times a day, I have trouble finding actual deals in all the clutter of just pure junk and duplication. I have even missed some deals recently because they were hard to see amid so much clutter. If you can't be bothered to check the CE/LE thread, you shouldn't be upset because obviously you have little interest in CE/LEs anyway and think of it as a great way to avoid spending money.

Imagine if no one was allowed to create a thread informing people of a sale on a 3DS game because "Guyz we alreddy hav a Cheap 3DS Gamez thread! Dont fludd the forumz!".

We would have to wade through pages of people complaining that their Cave Story 3D didn't come with original packaging just to maybe find out that Kid Icarus Uprising is on sale for $10 somewhere.

See my reply above.
The only problem I have with that is that it sometimes doesn't get updated often enough or sometimes becomes buried 2-3 pages deep. I'd never see it half the time if I wasn't specifically looking for it.

While I doubt it's happened yet, I'd hate for someone to miss out on something truly limited (ala P4G Solid Gold) due to reasons such as those. I get wanting to police the forums, especially since the mods sometimes don't do it nearly enough, but there is a fine line there that eventually borders on being a little extreme.

Basically all I'm saying is that when it is an actual honest to goodness limited item, having it's own specified thread shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Except this isn't a news site and it's not a listing of every new release that is open for preorders. It's a deals forum. The compromise that was reached to avoid every niche or CE/LE title from getting its own thread was to create various master threads for things like this. I can honestly say in the last few months this site has become a total dumping ground and despite the fact that I visit here multiple times a day, I have trouble finding actual deals in all the clutter of just pure junk and duplication. I have even missed some deals recently because they were hard to see amid so much clutter. If you can't be bothered to check the CE/LE thread, you shouldn't be upset because obviously you have little interest in CE/LEs anyway and think of it as a great way to avoid spending money.
Misinterpretation of what I posted. Nowhere I am saying I am upset that there is a CE/LE thread. sorry you saw it that way. My comment was more of a preference. If the forums behave in a way that it has to be consolidated and I have to click and watch that CE thread all the time whenever I need to look for a CE, i'm fine by that. These are public service sites showing us deals. It's pretty much begars can't be choosers in my opinion. I like the service I am getting. Sure, sometimes there are activities that people do and it annoys me. Such as people posting a question answered more than 5x already on the thread and they do not bother to read previous posts. But I just ignore those posts and I noticed people have done the same and it discourages that behavior of lazyass people.

I just gave a response as to why I prefer separate threads for each title and I'm used to it. That's all. You gave a perfectly good reason how it's sucks to have repeated and redundant posts and you can miss deals and other threads you've been searching. I've already come up with my own ways of trying not to miss deals by....extending the number of threads per page available. In Slickdls , i use the notification deal alert to tell me when sometime comes up so I don't even have to bother scouring the threads.

The only problem I have with that is that it sometimes doesn't get updated often enough or sometimes becomes buried 2-3 pages deep. I'd never see it half the time if I wasn't specifically looking for it.
In an effort to save time. Adding more threads isn't going to solve the problem of people seeing a deal. It's just going to make more worthless shit people have to sift through in order to find a deal they care about. Maybe you just think Curtain Call is special and deserves a thread, but we constantly have people make threads for things that belong in the super thread and this just clogs up the whole system and divides the discussion.

Furthermore, almost every major news outlet covered this announcement, so I don't see why we should make sure there is a thread on CAG when you can go to quite literally any number of gaming news site and see it was announced. But I digress, BS like this is why I rarely post.

this just clogs up the whole system and divides the discussion.
The only thing "clogging up" the discussion is off-topic whining about petty crap. If these threads bother you so much, how about doing everyone a favor and not posting in them?

OP: thanks for the info on this, would have missed it otherwise.

I'm trying to convince myself that the carrying case, extra CD, and bonus cards aren't worth $30 ($40 after shipping). Anybody else?

I am with you on that. The limited ed isn't so great at $80 after shipping. it's already at borderline barely worth it at the 69 price but I consider the shipping cost added a deal breaker. I don't even know if they'll add tax to that 69.99 too.

I am with you on that. The limited ed isn't so great at $80 after shipping. it's already at borderline barely worth it at the 69 price but I consider the shipping cost added a deal breaker. I don't even know if they'll add tax to that 69.99 too.
They do

Mine came out to 86.xx after lovely CA tax xP

The only thing "clogging up" the discussion is off-topic whining about petty crap. If these threads bother you so much, how about doing everyone a favor and not posting in them?

OP: thanks for the info on this, would have missed it otherwise.
Obviously, reading is not your strong suit. The concern is not about this discussion, but rather clogging the forum with threads that are unnecessary and therefore make it much harder for the rest of us to actually find deals. How about doing the rest of us a favor and taking your news discussions to the appropriate forum? That way you can still get the news you need and not cause the rest of us to miss out on actual deals.

In an effort to save time. Adding more threads isn't going to solve the problem of people seeing a deal. It's just going to make more worthless shit people have to sift through in order to find a deal they care about. Maybe you just think Curtain Call is special and deserves a thread, but we constantly have people make threads for things that belong in the super thread and this just clogs up the whole system and divides the discussion.

Furthermore, almost every major news outlet covered this announcement, so I don't see why we should make sure there is a thread on CAG when you can go to quite literally any number of gaming news site and see it was announced. But I digress, BS like this is why I rarely post.
Agree strongly. This was posted in both the Japanese niche thread and the CE/LE thread within literally minutes of appearing on other news sites. As it stands, this thread was late with the news and totally not necessary.

oh not bad might have to jump on this soon. Haven't played the first one yet. Might have to play it first before I think about this.

Love the LE, fuck the CE(i'm sure it'll still sell out before launch, despite being ludicrously priced+s&h+digital river).

bread's done
Back