Wii U Skylander Bundle $250 Multiple Retailers

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys, apologies if repost I searched and didn't pull up anything. I'm not sure if this is an older deal and I missed the memo, but I couldn't help but notice this Wii U Bundle appears to have gotten a universal price drop across the board.

Several retailers are offering the Wii U Skylanders Swap Force bundle for $250. This includes:

Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-wii-u-with-skylanders-swap-force-white/2585003.p?id=1219074356193&skuId=2585003&st=categoryid$pcmcat274600050016&cp=1&lp=3

Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100149

FRYS

http://www.frys.com/product/7940780?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/software/nintendo-wii-u-8gb-basic-skylanders-swap-force-bundle/112315

And finally Toys R Us.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28699576&cp=2255974.11902633.11902634&parentPage=family

Not really a stellar deal, but it's not too bad if you don't mind taking the time to flip the Skylanders content.

It's only way to get a white console as well, if you prefer that. (Which I do, and I'd actually buy one if I could transfer my account data between systems.)

This is tough for me, I have like $300 in best buy credit but I'd prefer to have the old windwaker bundle. All my local gamestops have it but best buy took down their online stock checker for the windwaker bundle and the bestbuy I usually go to doesn't have it. The space itself doesn't matter because I figured I'm just gonna get a external harddrive anyways. If I had cash instead of credit, I'd just buy the refurb from nintendo because that only $200.

This is tough for me, I have like $300 in best buy credit but I'd prefer to have the old windwaker bundle. All my local gamestops have it but best buy took down their online stock checker for the windwaker bundle and the bestbuy I usually go to doesn't have it. The space itself doesn't matter because I figured I'm just gonna get a external harddrive anyways. If I had cash instead of credit, I'd just buy the refurb from nintendo because that only $200.
To be fair the one from Nintendo is $200 + $5 shipping and I think everyone was saying they got charged tax so it was around $230-$240.

To be fair the one from Nintendo is $200 + $5 shipping and I think everyone was saying they got charged tax so it was around $230-$240.
Yeah but I'm also gonna get charged tax at Best Buy. I might just go ahead and order the white console and see what nintendo announces at e3. That way I can return it in the 15 day window if something unexpected is announced.

Groupon also had this bundle for $200 (+ tax, but it also came with a $25 Groupon credit) about 3 weeks ago.  That's where I got mine.  Sure, those sales have ended but with 2 places running basically the same deal I think I would wait & see if it comes back around in the next few weeks.

horrible deal for this since it should be noted this is ONLY 8GB and is not the Normal 32GB Console in this bundle.

With the 8GB only 3gb is actually useable actually a little less then 3GB and the other 5gb is taken up by system requirements. and also compared to the fact that the 32GB bundles been this exact price numerous times lately not a good price.

Another thing to keep in mind if anything is planning to buy this for Mario Kart 8 I Would skip this deal completely cause you will not be able to Play your free game from the Mario Kart 8 Promo due to memory limitations:

Name

Download & Install Size (MB)*

New Super Mario Bros. U

2302 MB

Pikmin 3

4541 MB

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

2440 MB

Wii Party U

5157 MB

horrible deal for this since it should be noted this is ONLY 8GB and is not the Normal 32GB Console in this bundle.

With the 8GB only 3gb is actually useable actually a little less then 3GB and the other 5gb is taken up by system requirements. and also compared to the fact that the 32GB bundles been this exact price numerous times lately not a good price.

Another thing to keep in mind if anything is planning to buy this for Mario Kart 8 I Would skip this deal completely cause you will not be able to Play your free game from the Mario Kart 8 Promo due to memory limitations:

Name Download & Install Size (MB)* New Super Mario Bros. U 2302 MB Pikmin 3 4541 MB The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD 2440 MB Wii Party U 5157 MB
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The Skylanders Wii U bundle has always been the 8GB Console. To be fair the 32GB Console isn't much larger, you're definitely going to want to get an external drive if you plan to be downloading a lot of games or dlc.

horrible deal for this since it should be noted this is ONLY 8GB and is not the Normal 32GB Console in this bundle.

With the 8GB only 3gb is actually useable actually a little less then 3GB and the other 5gb is taken up by system requirements. and also compared to the fact that the 32GB bundles been this exact price numerous times lately not a good price.

Another thing to keep in mind if anything is planning to buy this for Mario Kart 8 I Would skip this deal completely cause you will not be able to Play your free game from the Mario Kart 8 Promo due to memory limitations:

Name Download & Install Size (MB)* New Super Mario Bros. U 2302 MB Pikmin 3 4541 MB The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD 2440 MB Wii Party U 5157 MB
"only 8". Like 32 is any better rofl. I actually feel bad if anyone is getting the pricier wii u for the storage. You can connect an external hard drive or a usb stick and it will work just like the internal storage.

You can grab a 32 GB flash drive of non crap quality for less than 20 dollars.

bread's done
Back