* * * * * 3 votes

CAG Amateur Developer's Thread

RPGMaker Gamefactory Indie dev developer steam

#151 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2093 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:01 AM

Is Ludum Dare 32 on anyone's radar? http://ludumdare.com/compo/

I am very likely to participate; it will be my first jam! My goal is to have some fun and make a tiny game that's not a total embarrassment :)

It wasn't on my radar, but now I will try to make something! Thanks for bringing it up. 

It will be my second jam!

If you both end up participating post a link or something here so we can find you there.  Do either of you plan to stream?

#152 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   1731 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

Ooh sweet.  Wish I could enter this one, but my weekend is looking pretty busy.  Hopefully next time I'll be able to join.

I entered Ludum Dare 30 last year as my first time doing a game jam, and that was a lot of fun, even though I didn't get to spend much time on it (I think around 10 hours in total).  It's fun to experiment with new ideas you haven't tried before, like random level generation in my case.

Good luck to you guys who are entering.  Remember that Titan Souls started as a Ludum Dare 28 game, so game jams prototypes can sometimes lead into big successes.

Josh1billion.png

Developing some PS4/Vita/PC games in my free time.  Website | Twitter | Facebook

#153 Lieutenant Dan   Ice Cream! CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Lieutenant Dan

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

If you both end up participating post a link or something here so we can find you there.  Do either of you plan to stream?

I don't plan to stream this one, but maybe next time as I'll be a LD veteran. :P

If anyone out there wants to team up for a future LD, let me know. I'm entering the Compo this time (48hrs, DIY).

#154 Lieutenant Dan   Ice Cream! CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Lieutenant Dan

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:54 AM

Theme hot off the presses: An Unconventional Weapon.

:whee:

#155 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   1731 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted Yesterday, 04:52 AM

I don't plan to stream this one, but maybe next time as I'll be a LD veteran. :P

If anyone out there wants to team up for a future LD, let me know. I'm entering the Compo this time (48hrs, DIY).

How'd the competition go for you this time?

And I'd be down for teaming up on a future jam. :)  Which language(s) do you use?  I've been thinking about using HTML5/JavaScript for future jams, since in-browser games seem to get the most plays.  And also because online multiplayer stuff would be a cool option (Node.js makes that really easy).

Josh1billion.png

Developing some PS4/Vita/PC games in my free time.  Website | Twitter | Facebook