* * * * - 2 votes

(Dead) Best Buy E3 Promo: Pre-Order 3 (or more) Games and get up to 30% off each game (June 6-12)

e3 sale

#31 Skardee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

Will I be charged altogether at checkout, or per game release date?

Also, can I cancel a pre-order down the road?

You will be charged as each game is shipped (regular price -30%). You can cancel, but you can only cancel your entire order (minus, of course, what's already been shipped). If you want later games, you can just return the unwanted one to a store to maintain your order. 

#32 rwooooo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

It seems:

Bestbuy

1-2 Games = 15% off

3+ Games = 30% off

Futureshop

1-2 Games = 14.3% off

3+ Games = 28.6% off

Weird! Because FS stuck to its maximum $20 off full price ($60 last year, $70 this year), it has the worse deal this time around.

Luckily BB has immediate discount instead of points this year.

#33 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

You will be charged as each game is shipped (regular price -30%). You can cancel, but you can only cancel your entire order (minus, of course, what's already been shipped). If you want later games, you can just return the unwanted one to a store to maintain your order. 

Are you sure you can cancel? Because I have an order from the Easter sale, basically Kirby and Smash Bros., the former's shipped, the latter yet to, and I tried cancelling it last night and couldn't. Maybe you would have to phone it in to customer service, but yeah, alternative is just to return the games you don't want.

#34 Rotuhiiri   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Rotuhiiri

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Any possible downsides with waiting until after the conferences with ordering? The BB deal lasts until the 12th after all.

#35 retro.elite   CAGdood! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

retro.elite

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

Any possible downsides with waiting until after the conferences with ordering? The BB deal lasts until the 12th after all.

No. Best to wait and order on the last 2 days, that is when E3 announce games will be up.

Does anyone think that there will be PS3 price drop soon? My original PS3 died (YLOD) last month; and I found out today the repair attempt failed. :cry:

#36 Socpens  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

I don't know, I hear that sometimes BB pre-order stocks runs out. I've never actually seen it happen, but I ordered WWE 2K15, Smash Bros and Destiny just in case. I was worried they might run out of Smash Bros stock, since Mario Golf preorders ran out last easter.

#37 Pajo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Will they be adding games later?

#38 Socpens  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

Yep, they'll be adding games throughout E3 week.

#39 chicoquente   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

chicoquente

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

Are you sure you can cancel? Because I have an order from the Easter sale, basically Kirby and Smash Bros., the former's shipped, the latter yet to, and I tried cancelling it last night and couldn't. Maybe you would have to phone it in to customer service, but yeah, alternative is just to return the games you don't want.

You can only cancel before an item ships from your order. Once a single item ships off the order you are stuck receiving all the other games and will need to return them as they arrive if you no longer want them. I've done this multiple times. It's no big deal really as you still maintain the discount on all games even if you return 1 of them.

I guess I should add that I have never actually tried calling CS to cancel after having already received a game.

#40 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Cheers, that's what I thought.

BTW, Off-Topic: have you guys seen the 'temporary price cut' deal going on at Target? Anyway, YMMV, but at Calgary Targets I saw Pink 3DS go for ~$56.20 and the Black 3DS for ~$80. Wii U deluxe set for ~$150. The Wonderful 101 for ~$21. There wasn't a thread here, but it's worth a mention. I also saw 8GB PS Vita memory cards for $7.

#41 OmegaChaos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

OmegaChaos

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

Cheers, that's what I thought.

BTW, Off-Topic: have you guys seen the 'temporary price cut' deal going on at Target? Anyway, YMMV, but at Calgary Targets I saw Pink 3DS go for ~$56.20 and the Black 3DS for ~$80. Wii U deluxe set for ~$150. The Wonderful 101 for ~$21. There wasn't a thread here, but it's worth a mention. I also saw 8GB PS Vita memory cards for $7.

Wow, I must go look at my Target.

#42 Sennyize   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Sennyize

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

May have to give mine a look as well tomorrow, at that price I'd bite for a deluxe set.

#43 Socpens  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

I've overheard that FS are price-matching Target's current PS4 deal of $450 + $50 Gift Card upon purchase. Better than FS's own deal of Infamous + PS4 for $473. I'm waiting until E3 week to decide on when to pick up a PS4, if nothing is announced I'll go with the Target deal.

#44 OmegaChaos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

OmegaChaos

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

I've overheard that FS are price-matching Target's current PS4 deal of $450 + $50 Gift Card upon purchase. Better than FS's own deal of Infamous + PS4 for $473. I'm waiting until E3 week to decide on when to pick up a PS4, if nothing is announced I'll go with the Target deal.

Don't forget that Eco fee they added to all consoles. So you're paying $453.50+.

#45 Reether  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

You can only cancel before an item ships from your order. Once a single item ships off the order you are stuck receiving all the other games and will need to return them as they arrive if you no longer want them. I've done this multiple times. It's no big deal really as you still maintain the discount on all games even if you return 1 of them.

I guess I should add that I have never actually tried calling CS to cancel after having already received a game.

Last year I ordered 3 games from FS during the E3 sale. I got the first 2 and Watch Dogs was the 3rd. After it got delayed I called FS and cancelled the Watch Dogs order. It was pretty easy, I'm not sure if BB will let me do it this year, but I'll def try as I'll probably preorder a bunch of games then choose closer to the dates if I want them. 

#46 DarknessWaters   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

DarknessWaters

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

Welp...just dropped $500+ on preorders.  Worst case scenario..if I no longer want, just return it afterwards.

#47 Socpens  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:52 AM

Last year I ordered 3 games from FS during the E3 sale. I got the first 2 and Watch Dogs was the 3rd. After it got delayed I called FS and cancelled the Watch Dogs order. It was pretty easy, I'm not sure if BB will let me do it this year, but I'll def try as I'll probably preorder a bunch of games then choose closer to the dates if I want them. 

Yep you can do that with BB, if you cancel anything in the order it does not affect games you've previously received. What I did was I wanted the 3 game discount but only wanted 2 games, so I pre-ordered something I had a feeling would not come out for a while still so I can cancel it when I receive my games this fall.

#48 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Does BB charge immediately, or put a hold on anything?

#49 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

They charge when things ship, and usually send games out a day or two before its release day.

#50 Jogurt the Yogurt   YGRT CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

If you want to make some pre-orders but you always want to make sure you get discounts on games that get added later, try to plan out what games you want, and make orders in groups of 3.

#51 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

There's really only 3 games that interest me enough to buy them at this point for $40. Going to wait and see what E3 brings after Sony's conference,, then place my order.

#52 TronB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

I'm going to try and take advantage of this deal as well.  I was thinking of preordering Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire plus another game, most likely an RPG.  Best Buy is pretty good with delivering games on release day, correct? 

#53 Socpens  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

I'm going to try and take advantage of this deal as well.  I was thinking of preordering Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire plus another game, most likely an RPG.  Best Buy is pretty good with delivering games on release day, correct? 

As of late they have been kind of sloppy. I pre-ordered Watch Dogs and got it 2 days after release, most other people I know get games on release day or the day after. Depends on where they ship the game out of. Their biggest warehouse is in Richmond BC, sometimes they will ship games out of their Mississauga ON warehouse, but a good 80% of games come from Richmond.

#54 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:10 AM

I know if you live in Calgary that you're almost always fucked hoping to get it on release day. I got MK8 on Monday, as it shipped late Thursday night. Tuesday releases almost always come on either Wednesday or Thursday. They never ship early to match the release date. That said, Canada Post tends to handle the packages really well. I've never had a damaged game case.

Anyway.

Hopes for tomorrow and the day after's press conferences?

#55 Socpens  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

More than any game announcements I am just hoping for a PS4 console sale. I've got my full of games for the fall and winter, with Destiny, WWE, Smash Bros Wii U, Witcher 3, The Crew, Rise of the Fallen... too many to count. The only real announcements I'd like to hear are ones for Wii U and 3DS because so far I've got over 10 games pre-ordered through this deal and only one of them is on a Nintendo platform...

#56 Jogurt the Yogurt   YGRT CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

More than any game announcements I am just hoping for a PS4 console sale. I've got my full of games for the fall and winter, with Destiny, WWE, Smash Bros Wii U, Witcher 3, The Crew, Rise of the Fallen... too many to count. The only real announcements I'd like to hear are ones for Wii U and 3DS because so far I've got over 10 games pre-ordered through this deal and only one of them is on a Nintendo platform...

Not counting the ones I pre-ordered during the last E3 and which still haven't come out yet, Hyrule Warriors is the only new one I added this year. I'll consider maybe throwing one of the Pokerymanz remakes into an order if I need to fill out a 3rd slot.

#57 Princess Zelda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1904 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Princess Zelda

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

Amazon.ca is also doing the buy 3 games and get 30% off for pre-orders.

#58 Socpens  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Amazon.ca's deal crushes the Best Buy one, I canceled my BB order and saved about $20 on Amazon.

#59 Socpens  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

For a little while earlier today the Xbox One was part of the 30% off deal Amazon had. It was going for $320. Absolute craziness. They bumped the price back up because it went out of stock within a few hours.

#60 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

Amazon.ca's deal crushes the Best Buy one, I canceled my BB order and saved about $20 on Amazon.

How so?