Best Buy Ad 6/15-6/21

zeb06

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
Best Buy ad 6/15-6/21

50% BONUS Trade in values on all video games.

:xb1: :ps4: EA Sports UFC XB1/PS4 - 59.99 w/ free :br: UFC Best of 2013 Bluray
:xb1: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit XB1/PS4 - 39.99

:360: :ps3: :wiiu: LEGO The Hobbit 360/PS3/Wii U - 29.99
:360: :ps3: Dark Souls II 360/PS3 - 39.99
:360: :ps3: South Park Stick of Truth 360/PS3 - 39.99
:360: :ps3: Rocksmith 2014 Edition 360/PS3 - 39.99
:360: :ps3: FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil 360/PS3 - 49.99

:3ds: Nintendo 2DS - 109.99 after $20 savings
:3ds: $10 eShop Cards - MSRP (for those who cannot look past it, this is not a deal or sale even though its featured in the ad...though Nintendo did unveil that the new cards will feature AR figures to use with the 3DS camera now)
:3ds: Tomodachi Life - 34.99
:3ds: Cut the Rope 3DS - 9.99

Skylanders SWAP Force single figures - Buy 2 get 1 free

Preorder Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Starter Pack - 74.99 and get additional FREE Disney Infinity Super Heroes Figure

:xb1: (Only shows XB1 but I assume all versions qualify) Save $10 on LEGO: The Movie video game w/ the purchase of the LEGO: The Movie Bluray or DVD

:br: 3D/Bluray/DVD/UV/Minifigure - 34.99

:br: Bluray/DVD/UV - 17.99

:dvd: DVD - 14.99

:360:Ear Force X12 Arctic Gaming Headset 360 - 44.99
:360:Ear Force X32 Wireless Headset 360 - 74.99
:360:Ear Force X42 Wireless Headset 360 - 99.99

Credit: Fiasco @ hidefninja - link

additional sales info listed online (not in print ad) from Konfusion:

Some stuff listed in the online ad, but not in the print ad

$30 gift card with Turtle Beach PX4 headset for My Best Buy members

:360: :ps3: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - $34.99

:360: :ps3: Nascar 14 - $39.99

:3ds: Disney's Frozen: Olaf's Quest - $19.99

:360: Halo 4: Game of the Year - $29.99

:ps3: The Last of Us - $29.99
:ps3: Gran Turismo 6 - $29.99
:ps3: Beyond Two Souls - $29.99

Buy Batman: Arkham Origins and receive season pass and Metalpak case for free
:ps3: - $39.99
:360: - $35.99
:wiiu: - $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the $10 Eshop card mean that it will be selling for Less than $10, or is it just a deal that they don't usually have $10 cards?

Does the $10 Eshop card mean that it will be selling for Less than $10, or is it just a deal that they don't usually have $10 cards?
If I'm not mistaken, recently Nintendo started selling $10 eShop cards a few months ago. So there's no deal, just advertised.

Gotcha. I'm hoping to get some eshop Credit on discount. I'm right at the weird place where I'm close to another $5 from the Deluxe Digital Promotion, but not quite there.

So, to ask the opinion of the group:

I am about done with Watch Dogs, and was going to trade it in soon. They have it at $40, so I'd get $44 after the GCU bonus. Does anyone think it'll stay high enough to wait a week? I think it's going to have to stick at about $30 for it to be worth as much as it is now during the 50% bonus ($30 + $15 + $3 = $48). I've never done trade-ins with Best Buy, so I don't know how their trade-in values fluctuate--would this game really tank $10+ over the next week in  trade-in value?

I am about done with Watch Dogs, and was going to trade it in soon. They have it at $40, so I'd get $44 after the GCU bonus. Does anyone think it'll stay high enough to wait a week? I think it's going to have to stick at about $30 for it to be worth as much as it is now during the 50% bonus ($30 + $15 + $3 = $48). I've never done trade-ins with Best Buy, so I don't know how their trade-in values fluctuate--would this game really tank $10+ over the next week in trade-in value?
you will not get $48 for it next week. I would expect the base value to be around $27 which would give you $43 after GCU.

I was always under the impression that CAG has to do with deals and price drops. Posting MSRP via copy/pasting the ad seems silly and redundant. It's also confusing (see: $10 eshop card). Thanks, we know eshop cards exist and that new games come out weekly at MSRP. Lol.

you will not get $48 for it next week. I would expect the base value to be around $27 which would give you $43 after GCU.
Well, GameStop is guaranteeing $40 for Watch Dogs through the 26th, so I suppose I could wait it out and go to them if it fails at Best Buy, if nothing else.

I was always under the impression that CAG has to do with deals and price drops. Posting MSRP via copy/pasting the ad seems silly and redundant. It's also confusing (see: $10 eshop card). Thanks, we know eshop cards exist and that new games come out weekly at MSRP. Lol.
Yeah, you're right...its so confusing to see $10 eShop card at MSRP...no one knows what that means. Everything posted is exactly as it is in the ad so that people dont ask questions about whether something is in there or not. Feel free to post the ad yourself next time since its so confusing lol.

Well, GameStop is guaranteeing $40 for Watch Dogs through the 26th, so I suppose I could wait it out and go to them if it fails at Best Buy, if nothing else.
Just take the $44 today. Like someone said the difference tomorrow may be small but it's better than $40 or the risk of it being lower than 44. Think it it as insurance.

I've never seen a regular game net more than $48 with any sort of promotion. Titanfall was netting that at one point. Best you can hope for is $45 realistically with 50%.

I am about done with Watch Dogs, and was going to trade it in soon. They have it at $40, so I'd get $44 after the GCU bonus. Does anyone think it'll stay high enough to wait a week? I think it's going to have to stick at about $30 for it to be worth as much as it is now during the 50% bonus ($30 + $15 + $3 = $48). I've never done trade-ins with Best Buy, so I don't know how their trade-in values fluctuate--would this game really tank $10+ over the next week in trade-in value?
Last 50% bonus the net values went up for GCU about 12-15%. I was watching a $35 base value of titanfall that went to 28 once the 50% turned on. Ended up being $44.80 after GCU instead of $38.50.

Last 50% bonus the net values went up for GCU about 12-15%. I was watching a $35 base value of titanfall that went to 28 once the 50% turned on. Ended up being $44.80 after GCU instead of $38.50.
Thanks for that. I'm going to have to see what the game's trade-in is after the week rolls over. I only have 2 more Achievements to get in WD, and one is the drinking game one, which I won't even bother with, most likely.

Thanks for that. I'm going to have to see what the game's trade-in is after the week rolls over. I only have 2 more Achievements to get in WD, and one is the drinking game one, which I won't even bother with, most likely.
The drinking game is the easiest, not like chess!

Um, I hear what you are saying, but it's kind of nice to get 1-2 weeks advance notice of the ads coming out.

Helps you plan what you're gonna do.

Plus we all like to speculate on how we can score the best deals based on them.

So, just sit back, relax and enjoy reading CAG. If you don't like the ad threads, the solution is simple. Dont open them.

So, just sit back, relax and enjoy reading CAG. If you don't like the ad threads, the solution is simple. Dont open them.
I've always hated this mentality. I'm upset with the current state of my country; should I just sit back and enjoy it, or move out? Or should I enjoy the the things it does well while trying to fix the dumb shit? There's a recipe that I really enjoy but lately one of the spices is off - should I improve it or do what you suggest and "love it or ignore it?" Failed logic is fail

If I ignored the entire thread, I wouldn't see any deals; the point of this site. So your suggestion is pretty lame.

It doesn't answer why going to CAG is necessary to find out that a $10 gift card costs $10. Seeing other comments on this thread, I'm certainly not alone.

I've always hated this mentality. I'm upset with the current state of my country; should I just sit back and enjoy it, or move out? Or should I enjoy the the things it does well while trying to fix the dumb shit? There's a recipe that I really enjoy but lately one of the spices is off - should I improve it or do what you suggest and "love it or ignore it?" Failed logic is fail

If I ignored the entire thread, I wouldn't see any deals; the point of this site. So your suggestion is pretty lame.

It doesn't answer why we going to CAG is necessary to find out that a $10 gift card costs $10. Seeing other comments on this thread, I'm certainly not alone.
I think that the better question is why the stores find it necessary to include an item that is not discounted. The OP didn't just arbitrarily decide to put that in the post--it is there in Best Buy's ad. Your frustration is understandable, but I think that it is also a bit misplaced.

It doesn't answer why going to CAG is necessary to find out that a $10 gift card costs $10. Seeing other comments on this thread, I'm certainly not alone.
Lol you arent coming to CAG to find out a $10 giftcard is $10...you come here to see the ad posted weeks in advance. You dont like what they advertise, so sorry...thats BestBuy. The entire point of posting the ads early is to post the entire ad since we cant post scans anymore. I see literally no other posts complaining about this, so clearly it is just you lol. You act the entire ad is MSRP items only...its one freaking item listed at MSRP (besides the new release game) but Ill add a note in there just for you. I hope you're just as confused at the MSRP XB1 w/o kinect for 399.99 thats posted in every other ad, just in case you havent made it to those threads to complain. And since youre such a regular, you should know that if you dont want to see MSRP items...they are removed the week the ad is live once CheapyD combines all the store ads to one thread.

Hey bro, this is CAG. This isn't your country.

You're not forced to use this place. If you love CAG, but don't love this thread or threads like it, make your own threads.

To compare this thread to the state of the union somehow... wow. What a strawman.

Should I wait to trade in MK8 next week? would it still be $40?
I find this post funny. I ordered Mario Kart 8 for my 6 yr old son on release day with the $20 off another game promo.

I got it for him... for Christmas...

So it's not even open yet. And you've got people already looking to trade it in.

I find this post funny. I ordered Mario Kart 8 for my 6 yr old son on release day with the $20 off another game promo.

So it's not even open yet. And you've got people already looking to trade it in.
Hey, when you're done, you're done (also, I think he's asking if it could be a flippable game).

I got Watch Dogs 2 days before MK8 came out. I have 98% of the Achievements and am at 94% or so on its Progression tracker. I'm considering taking it in this week, or waiting for the 50% bonus next week.

I'd have done that too, but I shot myself in the foot when I bought the seasonpass.

You got me this time ubisoft! /shakes fist.

You got it for him for this coming Christmas? If so, open that thang up and redeem the CN code for the free game promo at least (ends in July I think)! :)

Hey bro, this is CAG. This isn't your country.

You're not forced to use this place. If you love CAG, but don't love this thread or threads like it, make your own threads.

To compare this thread to the state of the union somehow... wow. What a strawman.
Uh, no. It was hyperbole used as an easy analogy to understand. You know what I meant. I wasn't making a direct comparison either, and you know it. Talk about grasping at straws.

But since the simplest of analogies still can't get through to you, I'll spell it out even more: you're allowed to improve or wish improvement upon things you already like and enjoy. Your original reply implies the opposite. I was saying that way of thinking is stupid. That is all. Get it now bro?

Hey, when you're done, you're done (also, I think he's asking if it could be a flippable game).

I got Watch Dogs 2 days before MK8 came out. I have 98% of the Achievements and am at 94% or so on its Progression tracker. I'm considering taking it in this week, or waiting for the 50% bonus next week.
Oh, I know. It's just funny.

Some games I buy planning on owning them for a very long time. It will sit on the shelf, but come out occasionally. MK8 is definitely one of those games.

Uh, no. It was hyperbole used as an easy analogy to understand. You know what I meant. I wasn't making a direct comparison either, and you know it. Talk about grasping at straws.

But since the simplest of analogies still can't get through to you, I'll spell it out even more: you're allowed to improve or wish improvement upon things you already like and enjoy. Your original reply implies the opposite. I was saying that way of thinking is stupid. That is all. Get it now bro?
Yeah bro. I get your flawed logic. Trying to apply principles that don't apply to a totally free collection of threads dedicated to saving people money. A free service you are free to participate in or not participate in.

If stomping your feet and whining about this thread makes you feel better have at it. It's not going to change anything.

If you want to change it into something that makes it great for you, start by making your own threads. That's a lot more productive than bi#@ing and whining.

Bro.

You got it for him for this coming Christmas? If so, open that thang up and redeem the CN code for the free game promo at least (ends in July I think)! :)
Was this for all MK8 copies or just certain ones? I'll have to check, but I don't recall seeing any kind of promotion when I bought it (other than I got $20 off Sonic: Lost World).

I'd hate to open it.

Was this for all MK8 copies or just certain ones? I'll have to check, but I don't recall seeing any kind of promotion when I bought it (other than I got $20 off Sonic: Lost World).

I'd hate to open it.
Yes its for all copies of Mario Kart 8. Right now until July 31st, all you have to do is register the Club Nintendo code and you get a free download code for any of the 4 games listed. Even if you already have all 4, its a pretty sweet deal to get a download copy for free. I mean if he is 6 and its your son, no harm in taking the plastic wrap off lol.

Link -> http://club2.nintendo.com/mario-kart8-promo/

bread's done
Back