ymmv- Sony Wireless Stereo Headset $29.99 at Sears.

Lol whoops. Just noticed there's a Sears clearance thread. Can you delete topics on here?
not technically but at the top it should say topic moderation and when you click on it, a option saying "hide" should pop up that what I do and then I use the reason delete as the reason to hide and the topic is pretty much deleted that way.

Neither it's the regular stereo headset.

iXtE4ZI.jpg

My sears doesn't even sell videogames. Better chance price matching this at Target or BB for me. But that tag says Turtle Beach so I think you got away with their mistake.

Edit: Guess they started to at my store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got one for 29.97 it said turtle beach on the shelf tag but it also said Sony wireless headset on the same tag, maybe it applies to both items (?). Item rings at 29.97 without any overrides.

[attachment=5696:Screenshot_2014-06-07-01-25-47.png]

Are these good for listening to music? I may check out my local Sears and see if they have them on sale.

Currently listening to some hip hop and electronic music with these and it sounds pretty good. Better than my SOL HD headphones. 

If you don't like them you could sell them for a profit lol.

Got 5 with about 15 left. Came to $160. Employee looked so surprised that someone was buying it much less so many. Great deal and my housemates will love this. We've been needing new headsets for our stream and this is perfect.

They didn't have the pink 3DS there though. Halo 4, Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros were in sale for $10. Those headphones where there for 97 cents too.

Amazingly I found two at my local Sears when I went.  Now I have myself a working headset again since my PX51s decided to die this week.  Thank you for this thread!

Just mentioning this as someone who owns and likes this headset - it interferes with my ps4's wifi signal.  

Crazy saw one in a clearance bin today, thought maybe i should check the price... But the AC was not working in the store and said, no i don't need more clutter, even if its 10$, i have a wireless headset that i rarely use anyway... So i escape, to go upstairs to look for pants.

Omg the AC is not working. Im like trying to find some bootcut of these pants and cant.. Ask a chick whose lip was sweaty... She calls code 1. After a few minutes in the sauna, i determined no pants are worth this and left.

Not to worried it's a pretty crappy headset considering all the deals on the Logitechs on GoldBox today and every other month.  Strange though since I asked the store rep how much it was by the Sku and they said $99.99.  The Hawaii system is always different though since everything is a few dollars more.  They don't even price match there own website.

Just mentioning this as someone who owns and likes this headset - it interferes with my ps4's wifi signal.
These were widely dinged for interfering with PS3's wireless, too. Simple solution is to get a cable extender and run the dongle a few feet from the Playstation (and away from your router if possible).

I picked up a pair the other day from the slickdeals thread. I was just hoping to get a PC headset, and it works great with Windows 8.1

I don't even have a PS3/4, but it is very good at the $30 price point for PC

I was able to grab the last one at the Sears in the mall I work at. I keep reading mixed reviews on the headset. Can anyone confirm this for me? Is it any good? Is the mic really that bad?

Also, I keep finding conflicting reports of it working with the PS4. I got it for my PS3 and computer, but if it worked with the PS4 (with the Virtual Surround Sound) that would be great.

I was able to grab the last one at the Sears in the mall I work at. I keep reading mixed reviews on the headset. Can anyone confirm this for me? Is it any good? Is the mic really that bad?

Also, I keep finding conflicting reports of it working with the PS4. I got it for my PS3 and computer, but if it worked with the PS4 (with the Virtual Surround Sound) that would be great.
Picked it up yesterday. Just hooked it up to my PS4 and it works great. I have tried other gaming headsets but have never owned one. For $29.99 I think you can't beat it. I am sure you will get better sound from other headsets, but I don't want to spend that much on them.

Works nice with the $10 for $20 Sears giftcard from Groupon at the moment
did it work without any issue? just wondering since the groupon states "Apparel, Footwear, Home, and Jewelry" only with no mention of electronics. also, sears likes to exclude clearance items from any type of coupon

Picked it up yesterday. Just hooked it up to my PS4 and it works great. I have tried other gaming headsets but have never owned one. For $29.99 I think you can't beat it. I am sure you will get better sound from other headsets, but I don't want to spend that much on them.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm probably going to keep it as I could use a wireless headset for my PS3 when I move soon. One quick question: Did the Virtual Surround Sound work on the PS4? Not a deal-breaker for me but I'm curious.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm probably going to keep it as I could use a wireless headset for my PS3 when I move soon. One quick question: Did the Virtual Surround Sound work on the PS4? Not a deal-breaker for me but I'm curious.
I didn't spend too much time with it, but it did work. I can't really speak on the quality as I didn't play a game with the feature on.

I bought these used off ebay for like $50 last week. They work/sound exceptionally well. There's an app on the PS4 that lets you upload a tweaked custom sound setting for different games. I loaded the Watch Dogs profile into them for Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed 4 and it sounds absolutely amazing... I've heard people complain in forums about the mic but when I do a mic test and can hear myself through my speakers it sounds crisp and clear. The main advantage of these over all the (in my opinion) highly over priced headsets is that there's ZERO wires to mess with. You plug in the usb dongle into your ps3/ps4 and the virtual surround is then wirelessly transmitted to the headset. If you want to use them on a 3ds or wii u you will have to use the supplied 3.5mm wire which is included. You can even use them on the Xbox One if you buy the stereo headset adapter for the controller (msrp $30).

I bought these used off ebay for like $50 last week. They work/sound exceptionally well. There's an app on the PS4 that lets you upload a tweaked custom sound setting for different games. I loaded the Watch Dogs profile into them for Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed 4 and it sounds absolutely amazing... I've heard people complain in forums about the mic but when I do a mic test and can hear myself through my speakers it sounds crisp and clear. The main advantage of these over all the (in my opinion) highly over priced headsets is that there's ZERO wires to mess with. You plug in the usb dongle into your ps3/ps4 and the virtual surround is then wirelessly transmitted to the headset. If you want to use them on a 3ds or wii u you will have to use the supplied 3.5mm wire which is included. You can even use them on the Xbox One if you buy the stereo headset adapter for the controller (msrp $30).
You are talking about the Gold Wireless Headset. The one on clearance at Sears is the model before it, the Wireless Stereo Headset

bread's done
Back