- - - - -

Amazon - Call of Duty : Ghosts $19.99 XBox 360 / PS3

Call of Duty Amazon Ghosts

#1 SilentBob50023   Kneel Before Zod CAGiversary!   737 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

SilentBob50023

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

This latest iteration of the Call of Duty franchise is on sale yet again, this time for cheaper than I've seen in recent memory.  Crossing fingers BB will price match so we can get GCU discount.  For those of you who don't have it yet:

XBox 360:  http://www.amazon.co...f_rd_i=14220161

PS3:  http://www.amazon.co...f_rd_i=14220161

#2 jessesixto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   379 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

jessesixto

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Good PM for Target and get the reservation card at the moment. 

#3 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Good PM for Target and get the reservation card at the moment. 

Isn't that for $15 off any $39.99 or more game? If so would this work? I have yet to do the stack at Target, even with past offers. Does it not matter the PM price and goes just off the current Target price to see if another $15 can be taken off?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4 neil1115   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

neil1115

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

This latest iteration of the Call of Duty franchise is on sale yet again, this time for cheaper than I've seen in recent memory.  Crossing fingers BB will price match so we can get GCU discount.  For those of you who don't have it yet:

XBox 360:  http://www.amazon.co...f_rd_i=14220161

PS3:  http://www.amazon.co...f_rd_i=14220161

You don't get the 20% on a price match.  If someone is giving it to you, probably highly YMMV.

#5 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

Multiplayer must be a dessert, it just keeps getting lower lol.

#6 The Carrot Cake Kid   Luvs Creamy Frosting CAGiversary!   1279 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

The Carrot Cake Kid

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

Like a hot fudge sundae?
Posted Image

#7 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   1844 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

Still very busy on PS4. Activision is changing their model a bit -- they're relying more on DLC for revenue (see BLOPS II numbers) then they did with MW3 and earlier. Dropping the game's price and pushing DLC makes a lot of sense in that context.

#8 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   3988 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

I got rid of my hard copy of Ghosts when I bought the Download copy from Target on clearance and I haven't even opened that up. Shitty maps are a killer for me. I don't even play the SP campaign.

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Rocksmith 2014

#9 thehoweller   IllegalCouponPrinter CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

thehoweller

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Still very busy on PS4. Activision is changing their model a bit -- they're relying more on DLC for revenue (see BLOPS II numbers) then they did with MW3 and earlier. Dropping the game's price and pushing DLC makes a lot of sense in that context.

They'll kill off their next game's player population if people start noticing that Call of Duty isn't holding its price as long.  No reason to preorder/pay full price if you can wait a month and get the game closer to half off.

When people log on to their servers and the player population is lower than Ghosts' numbers (which were already abysmally low at times, I think we may see the death of a dead franchise.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#10 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   27090 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

You don't get the 20% on a price match.  If someone is giving it to you, probably highly YMMV.

I think he meant he hoped Best Buy would price it at $19.99 on their own so GCU members could get it for $15.99.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y :ps4: Rocket League; Shadow Warrior; The Evil Within - The Assignment  :vita: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition; Geometry Wars 3; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:   :ps4: Ether One (4.0/5) :3ds: HarmoKnight (3.75/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#11 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   1844 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

They'll kill off their next game's player population if people start noticing that Call of Duty isn't holding its price as long. No reason to preorder/pay full price if you can wait a month and get the game closer to half off.

When people log on to their servers and the player population is lower than Ghosts' numbers (which were already abysmally low at times, I think we may see the death of a dead franchise.

I didn't say it was a good business model change. Just one that's obvious from their 10K's and revenue splits from MW2 -> BLOPS -> MW3 -> BLOPS II.

#12 shomsloc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

shomsloc

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

Also this is cartwheels target coupon this week for 20 percent off.

#13 Blabadon   I just like video games CAGiversary!   2137 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'm playing the PS4 version and damn, these maps are goddamn huge. Granted, I'm not someone who plays CoD multiplayer often and the last one I played was Black Ops (and moreso MW2), but this felt crazy.

fekhvr.jpg

LifeSONG.png

#14 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1871 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'm playing the PS4 version and , these maps are goddamn huge. Granted, I'm not someone who plays CoD multiplayer often and the last one I played was Black Ops (and moreso MW2), but this felt crazy.

Despite the large maps, the game will still spawn enemies right behind you instead of in some open area of the map.  You have been warned.  Lol.  This game is cheap for a reason, but as I've mentioned in other threads, Extinction mode is really fun and the only great thing about this game.

#15 Blabadon   I just like video games CAGiversary!   2137 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

Despite the large maps, the game will still spawn enemies right behind you instead of in some open area of the map. You have been warned. Lol. This game is cheap for a reason, but as I've mentioned in other threads, Extinction mode is really fun and the only great thing about this game.

What are your general impressions of the campaign?

fekhvr.jpg

LifeSONG.png

#16 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9444 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Is there a significant difference for PS3/PS4 versions like in the case of AC4: BF?

Debating on whether I should buy one for the campaign, I actually always enjoyed COD campaigns without touching the MP.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1871 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

What are your general impressions of the campaign?

I thought it was alright.  Nothing really stood out to me, good or bad.  I'm looking forward to the Advanced Warfare campaign because you play as one single character throughout the whole single player; I much prefer that than jumping from character to character.  That may be just me though...

#18 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Like a hot fudge sundae?

iPhone auto spell check lol.

Derp derp derp. :(

#19 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   1844 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Despite the large maps, the game will still spawn enemies right behind you instead of in some open area of the map.  You have been warned.  Lol.  This game is cheap for a reason, but as I've mentioned in other threads, Extinction mode is really fun and the only great thing about this game.

Extinction's a blast. Way better than Zombies.

#20 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   1844 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Is there a significant difference for PS3/PS4 versions like in the case of AC4: BF?

Debating on whether I should buy one for the campaign, I actually always enjoyed COD campaigns without touching the MP.

PS4 is 1080p, 60 fps (although it dips badly at times), and has nicer textures. I don't think the upgrades are enough to warrant a next get purchase vs. a cheap PS3 copy. But there's also the Dualshock 4 to consider. It's a much, much better FPS controller than the DS3. I'd probably pop for the PS4 version just to use it vs. the DS3, but my distaste for the DS3 is borderline irrational.

#21 SilentBob50023   Kneel Before Zod CAGiversary!   737 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

SilentBob50023

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

I meant price adjust - BB often follows suit when Amazon lowers a price for any length of time. Then we can use GCU just fine.  I knew you couldn't double-dip with price match and GCU, I just chose my words poorly.  Hopefully I've clarified my statement now.

#22 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

price match at target and stack with their pre order promo. 5$ cod ghosts :D
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#23 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   2379 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:32 AM

price match at target and stack with their pre order promo. 5$ cod ghosts :D

Damn it...I wish I would have seen your post (or this thread) while I was at Target. Rayman Legends for Wii U was out of stock...so I ended up with no games on my visit
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif TLOU Remastered
ps3108.gif The Warriors (Warriors, come out & play!!!)
1tp4rst.gif Super Mario 3D World
wii109.gif Scarface The World Is Yours
3ds120.gif Kid Icarus

#24 Jay   Free and Fearless CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Spawns have really improved since release.

#25 Sabrages   Optimistic CAG in Training   276 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

Damn it...I wish I would have seen your post (or this thread) while I was at Target. Rayman Legends for Wii U was out of stock...so I ended up with no games on my visit

COD will be $2 if you use the cartwheel app. See: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing