* * - - - 4 votes

Amazon matching Target's 20% off Vita games and Best Buy God of War deal (Borderlands 2, The Sly Collection, Conception II, God of War)

#1 Zacky  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

Borderlands 2  $31.99

http://www.amazon.co...02252460&sr=1-4

The Sly collection  $23.99

http://www.amazon.co...2252840&sr=1-13

Conception II  $31.99

http://www.amazon.co...2252840&sr=1-19

God of War $19.99 (match Best Buy)

http://www.amazon.co...h?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#2 Blabadon   I just like video games CAGiversary!   2137 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

Vita's dying

fekhvr.jpg

LifeSONG.png

#3 caffolote   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

caffolote

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

These are not very good prices....

#4 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   27206 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

Borderlands 2  $31.99

http://www.amazon.co...02252460&sr=1-4

The Sly collection  $23.99

http://www.amazon.co...2252840&sr=1-13

Conception II  $31.99

http://www.amazon.co...2252840&sr=1-19

God of War $19.99 (match Best Buy)

http://www.amazon.co...h?ie=UTF8&psc=1

not all games are 20% off so they are not  REALLY MATCHING IT 

WOOOO I STINK

#5 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Vita's dying

I have some bad news for you but..

#6 skubish   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Vita's dying

Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#7 skubish   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

It was DOA but it still has a lot of good JRPGs.
Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#8 Zacky  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

not all games are 20% off so they are not  REALLY MATCHING IT 

Those are the games I submitted low price link to Amazon. So I'm guessing if you submit the one you want, they may do the same.

#9 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Sbfjsv4.png

You're doing it wrong...

oyKh4Vu.jpg

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#10 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   27206 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Those are the games I submitted low price link to Amazon. So I'm guessing if you submit the one you want, they may do the same.

WOOOO I STINK

#11 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

It was DOA but it still has a lot of good JRPGs.

It was and is still a great system. Problem is most stores you go to they dont stock shit so most people dont buy it. All the best buys, walmart and meijer near me have like 12 of the same games stocked for 6 months and they are all Lego harry potter, lil devils, and other crap no one wants so a lot of people wont buy it because they think all it has is those few games. Yeah gamestop carries a lot more games but around here they are on a end cap back in the corner facing the wall.

#12 Vinsanity   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

Looks like they price matched MLB 14 for Vita also...showing up as $19.99.

#13 King Trax   Crazy! CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

King Trax

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Looks like they price matched MLB 14 for Vita also...showing up as $19.99.

Oh well...Best Buy got my $$ because Amazon was a little too long matching.  I would have rather gone through Amazon because BB is so slow in shipping sometimes.

#14 markbrochilll   MM3DSXL Master Race CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

markbrochilll

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

Picked up Borderlands 2 for $17.99 @ Target with the $1 preorder deal

#15 Zacky  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

Just check around the product description on Amazon

#16 King Trax   Crazy! CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

King Trax

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Great idea!  Might have to try that.

#17 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   27206 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

so the 20% off and the 15 buck off combine.

too bad target dont carry jack shit in vita games 

loved to picked up 

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP: Producing Perfection...
for  18

WOOOO I STINK

#18 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

I still laugh that the God of War Collection for Vita is actually called a collection. There's only two games - that's a bundle. A collection implies all or most. GoW3 may have been possible, but remakes of Ghost of Sparta and Chains should have been in there.

Seeing as how shitty the Blands2 port is, I'll maybe pay $10. Bet it'll be free or dirt cheap on PS plus anyway.

Best Buy deals have really gone downhill ever since lowering GCU price to $30

XBL deals are absolutely shit compared to PSN, but even those have been sucking

DELL is absolutely the worst online retailer for video games. Avoid them at all costs.

Aw, what's wrong...does an internet opinion about video games disagree with yours? Cry more.

#19 Blabadon   I just like video games CAGiversary!   2137 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

Spill it. I can take it.

fekhvr.jpg

LifeSONG.png

#20 plus1zero   Why did the chicken cross the road? To join the ACC. CAGiversary!   4526 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

I still laugh that the God of War Collection for Vita is actually called a collection. There's only two games - that's a bundle. A collection implies all or most. GoW3 may have been possible, but remakes of Ghost of Sparta and Chains should have been in there.

Seeing as how shitty the Blands2 port is, I'll maybe pay $10. Bet it'll be free or dirt cheap on PS plus anyway.

It's a port of the first god of war collection that hit PS3. Not the god of war saga, which has 5 games in it, but not ascension (which wasn't great IMO). So it isn't anything gimped as far as that goes.

That said the vita doesn't have a bunch of western support, but it DOES have remote play for the ps4 and will be getting PSNow, which will give that system a long life even if it stopped having game support today. In all honesty it should have slaughtered the 3DS, the tech is light years ahead of the 3DS...but the 3DS has some of the best first party Nintendo stuff they've ever done.

#21 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Sometimes I forget I even own a Vita.

#22 Alpha2   Custom user Title CAGiversary!   3428 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

Could care less about PSnow which is just another way to drain my wallet on games I already own, or remote play which still hasn't proven it can operate with low enough latency to play games that require fast reflexes. People want to see original games made for the system that take it's technical specifications into consideration to create games that can only be played on the vita.

Sadly Sony doesn't seem to agree so they're in effect killing the vita all on their own without even realizing it.

http://therealalpha2.deviantart.com/

Oh so now you are using intelligence and common sense to win the arguement...that's low man! This is CAG and you aren't allowed to do that.

#23 plus1zero   Why did the chicken cross the road? To join the ACC. CAGiversary!   4526 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

Sometimes I forget I even own a Vita.

It's okay. Sony forgets they made it sometimes too.

#24 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9444 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

There are plenty of good J games coming out in the next few months, already have Dangaronpa 2 and Disgaea 4 preordered.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#25 King Trax   Crazy! CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

King Trax

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

Could care less about PSnow which is just another way to drain my wallet on games I already own, or remote play which still hasn't proven it can operate with low enough latency to play games that require fast reflexes. People want to see original games made for the system that take it's technical specifications into consideration to create games that can only be played on the vita.

Actually I like games that I have but realize I'd rather play on the road.  Vita specific games are great too, but I for one want both.  I wouldn't suppose that everyone is like me, or you.

#26 gldoorii  

gldoorii

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

Wait…is it still trendy to hate on the Vita? Cause…that library is pretty awesome…

#27 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

It's a port of the first god of war collection that hit PS3. Not the god of war saga, which has 5 games in it, but not ascension (which wasn't great IMO). So it isn't anything gimped as far as that goes.

That said the vita doesn't have a bunch of western support, but it DOES have remote play for the ps4 and will be getting PSNow, which will give that system a long life even if it stopped having game support today. In all honesty it should have slaughtered the 3DS, the tech is light years ahead of the 3DS...but the 3DS has some of the best first party Nintendo stuff they've ever done.

goes to prove that once again, games are more important than tech. I have both and play my 3ds faaaar more.

Sadly I dont think remote play and PS now is going to save it. PS Now will be useless unless you're at home, which undermines the entire point of portable gaming, or plan to be in a fast WiFi spot (but what are the chances of that?). Remote play is nifty but I barely use it because of gimped controls and, oh yeah, I have a ps4 right in my damn house. No one is going to spend $200 on basically another controller. If I need to play off-screen, which is rare, I just use Wii U gamepad because there are no latency or control issues unlike vita-ps4 play.

Best Buy deals have really gone downhill ever since lowering GCU price to $30

XBL deals are absolutely shit compared to PSN, but even those have been sucking

DELL is absolutely the worst online retailer for video games. Avoid them at all costs.

Aw, what's wrong...does an internet opinion about video games disagree with yours? Cry more.

#28 King Trax   Crazy! CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

King Trax

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

Wait…is it still trendy to hate on the Vita? Cause…that library is pretty awesome…

Yes.  Anyone who slams the Vita or 3DS today hasn't played them in a while.

#29 plus1zero   Why did the chicken cross the road? To join the ACC. CAGiversary!   4526 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

goes to prove that once again, games are more important than tech. I have both and play my 3ds faaaar more.

Sadly I dont think remote play and PS now is going to save it. PS Now will be useless unless you're at home, which undermines the entire point of portable gaming, or plan to be in a fast WiFi spot (but what are the chances of that?). Remote play is nifty but I barely use it because of gimped controls and, oh yeah, I have a ps4 right in my damn house. No one is going to spend $200 on basically another controller. If I need to play off-screen, which is rare, I just use Wii U gamepad because there are no latency or control issues unlike vita-ps4 play.

I never claimed PS Now or RP would save the Vita. I said RP alone would give it a long life (assuming they stick with the PS4 as long as they did PS1-3).

Also +1 on whoever said that library>tech. Which is one reason I don't care about the PS4 being more powerful than the xbox one. While I do prefer my ps4 over my x1 right now, the exclusives are better on the x1 imo. By far. 

#30 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Vita and 3ds are great portables in own right. When i travel both provide me with amazing portable games to keep me happy away from my home consoles!