Amazon matching Target's 20% off Vita games and Best Buy God of War deal (Borderlands 2, The Sly Collection, Conception II, God of War)

I have some bad news for you but..
Sbfjsv4.png

You're doing it wrong...

It was DOA but it still has a lot of good JRPGs.
It was and is still a great system. Problem is most stores you go to they dont stock shit so most people dont buy it. All the best buys, walmart and meijer near me have like 12 of the same games stocked for 6 months and they are all Lego harry potter, lil devils, and other crap no one wants so a lot of people wont buy it because they think all it has is those few games. Yeah gamestop carries a lot more games but around here they are on a end cap back in the corner facing the wall.

Looks like they price matched MLB 14 for Vita also...showing up as $19.99.
Oh well...Best Buy got my $$ because Amazon was a little too long matching. I would have rather gone through Amazon because BB is so slow in shipping sometimes.

Picked up Borderlands 2 for $17.99 @ Target with the $1 preorder deal
so the 20% off and the 15 buck off combine.

too bad target dont carry jack shit in vita games

loved to picked up

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP: Producing Perfection...
for 18

Last edited by a moderator:
I still laugh that the God of War Collection for Vita is actually called a collection. There's only two games - that's a bundle. A collection implies all or most. GoW3 may have been possible, but remakes of Ghost of Sparta and Chains should have been in there.

Seeing as how shitty the Blands2 port is, I'll maybe pay $10. Bet it'll be free or dirt cheap on PS plus anyway.

I still laugh that the God of War Collection for Vita is actually called a collection. There's only two games - that's a bundle. A collection implies all or most. GoW3 may have been possible, but remakes of Ghost of Sparta and Chains should have been in there.

Seeing as how shitty the Blands2 port is, I'll maybe pay $10. Bet it'll be free or dirt cheap on PS plus anyway.
It's a port of the first god of war collection that hit PS3. Not the god of war saga, which has 5 games in it, but not ascension (which wasn't great IMO). So it isn't anything gimped as far as that goes.

That said the vita doesn't have a bunch of western support, but it DOES have remote play for the ps4 and will be getting PSNow, which will give that system a long life even if it stopped having game support today. In all honesty it should have slaughtered the 3DS, the tech is light years ahead of the 3DS...but the 3DS has some of the best first party Nintendo stuff they've ever done.

Could care less about PSnow which is just another way to drain my wallet on games I already own, or remote play which still hasn't proven it can operate with low enough latency to play games that require fast reflexes. People want to see original games made for the system that take it's technical specifications into consideration to create games that can only be played on the vita.

Sadly Sony doesn't seem to agree so they're in effect killing the vita all on their own without even realizing it.

There are plenty of good J games coming out in the next few months, already have Dangaronpa 2 and Disgaea 4 preordered.

Could care less about PSnow which is just another way to drain my wallet on games I already own, or remote play which still hasn't proven it can operate with low enough latency to play games that require fast reflexes. People want to see original games made for the system that take it's technical specifications into consideration to create games that can only be played on the vita.
Actually I like games that I have but realize I'd rather play on the road. Vita specific games are great too, but I for one want both. I wouldn't suppose that everyone is like me, or you.

It's a port of the first god of war collection that hit PS3. Not the god of war saga, which has 5 games in it, but not ascension (which wasn't great IMO). So it isn't anything gimped as far as that goes.

That said the vita doesn't have a bunch of western support, but it DOES have remote play for the ps4 and will be getting PSNow, which will give that system a long life even if it stopped having game support today. In all honesty it should have slaughtered the 3DS, the tech is light years ahead of the 3DS...but the 3DS has some of the best first party Nintendo stuff they've ever done.
goes to prove that once again, games are more important than tech. I have both and play my 3ds faaaar more.

Sadly I dont think remote play and PS now is going to save it. PS Now will be useless unless you're at home, which undermines the entire point of portable gaming, or plan to be in a fast WiFi spot (but what are the chances of that?). Remote play is nifty but I barely use it because of gimped controls and, oh yeah, I have a ps4 right in my damn house. No one is going to spend $200 on basically another controller. If I need to play off-screen, which is rare, I just use Wii U gamepad because there are no latency or control issues unlike vita-ps4 play.

goes to prove that once again, games are more important than tech. I have both and play my 3ds faaaar more.

Sadly I dont think remote play and PS now is going to save it. PS Now will be useless unless you're at home, which undermines the entire point of portable gaming, or plan to be in a fast WiFi spot (but what are the chances of that?). Remote play is nifty but I barely use it because of gimped controls and, oh yeah, I have a ps4 right in my damn house. No one is going to spend $200 on basically another controller. If I need to play off-screen, which is rare, I just use Wii U gamepad because there are no latency or control issues unlike vita-ps4 play.
I never claimed PS Now or RP would save the Vita. I said RP alone would give it a long life (assuming they stick with the PS4 as long as they did PS1-3).

Also +1 on whoever said that library>tech. Which is one reason I don't care about the PS4 being more powerful than the xbox one. While I do prefer my ps4 over my x1 right now, the exclusives are better on the x1 imo. By far.

Vita and 3ds are great portables in own right. When i travel both provide me with amazing portable games to keep me happy away from my home consoles!

Wait…is it still trendy to hate on the Vita? Cause…that library is pretty awesome…
The library shines if you prefer Niche/Japanese games. Unfortunately, it's called niche for a reason. I would hardly call it an "awesome library" when Sony even forgets that the platform exists.

Also, $120 for a memory card. Go away Sony. I can go right now and pick up a 64GB memory card for my 3DS for $30 but I have to pay 4x premium for a Vita? This is called Cheapassgamers and that type of BS shouldn't even be tolerated here.

While I do prefer my ps4 over my x1 right now, the exclusives are better on the x1 imo. By far.
Xb1 is the only modern platform I don't have. Ps4 has a bunch of great indie titles, but most are PC ports or ps3 remakes. Resogun is still its best exclusive, and it was a launch psn game. Killzone was bleh; Knack a joke. If I didn't choose ps4 for the inevitable Uncharteds and the like, I'd definitely get xb1 for dead rising and forza. Sunset Overdrive will probably be really good.

No, the Vita is never really going to hit big time like the 3DS, but man I love mine.  I had one and traded it in on a good trade in deal a while back, but ended up getting another one from amazon last Christmas.  I also have a 3DS XL I really like, but it's the Vita I carrying around in my bag.  Yes, it is tough to find games at retail, and great new stuff doesn't come out often, but there is a wealth of great options out there, especially if you delve into the digital offerings for the PSP and have PS+.  You don't even have to be a big JRPG fan, there are plenty of other things out there if you look.  Rayman Legends, Steamworld Dig and Guacamelee are ones I've been enjoying lately.

It isn't "dying".  Sony and a few third parties will keep it on life support simply because of the connection to the PS4 and they don't have the resources to dump into making a new portable that will still be dwarfed by the 3DS.  You will still be able to get a few quality games a year and several lesser ones.  Just don't expect to be swimming in them.  And you always have the PSP library if you are itching for something new to play, there are many gems in there that never got very good exposure.

Because of Persona 4 Golden the Vita is worth it to me every time for that game alone. One of the best gaming experiences I have had in an RPG in a long time.

1. Vita will be around the entire shelf life of the PS4, so if dying is being manufactured for another 5-7 years then sure... it's dying. How much sony supports it is up in the air but the library as it is has some quality titles and exclusives.

2. The Vita has an enormously high digital download attachment rate. Someone posted an article that showed it was higher then any other console based on the percentage of Vita owners that buy digital and how much they buy digitally. So just because stores aren't stocking physical titles doesn't mean titles aren't being sold.

1. Vita will be around the entire shelf life of the PS4, so if dying is being manufactured for another 5-7 years then sure... it's dying. How much sony supports it is up in the air but the library as it is has some quality titles and exclusives.

2. The Vita has an enormously high digital download attachment rate. Someone posted an article that showed it was higher then any other console based on the percentage of Vita owners that buy digital and how much they buy digitally. So just because stores aren't stocking physical titles doesn't mean titles aren't being sold.
Considering the PS+ selection and insane deals sony has on vita titles I own probably 25-30 digital games and only 4 physical games.

Considering the PS+ selection and insane deals sony has on vita titles I own probably 25-30 digital games and only 4 physical games.
Yeah I exactly---I can't remember who it was or where they posted it but someone posted an article showing the digital download attachment rate for the Vita and it was like 4x hire then the next closet console.

That doesn't mean everything is good in Vita land but it just shows that it could survive without a large physical presence of titles at retail stores.

Yeah even though Vita is doing crappy in sales, it is doing better than just about any other platform at getting localized releases of niche Japanese games and RPGs this year. Since those tend to be my favorite type of game, Vita has become the console that I play the most and spend the most money on. I read that their attach rate is something like 12 games per owner already, I now have close to 30, not counting free digital titles from PS+.

target has the 20% off vita games going on this week. Brings the price down to 31.99. Using the pre-order card deal, it brought it down by another $14 after taking info account that the card itself is $1. For some reason their system looks at the retail price before any discounted prices, so it took the additional discount.

So, even though my kid already has the game digitally, I like to buy physical to save on memory card space.

bread's done
Back