- - - - -

Meijer instore buy 1 get 1 50% off select titles (YMMV)

#1 srac84   Gamer MD CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

Hey guys was at meijer and saw a bunch of games marked as buy 1 get 1 50% off, theres a good amount of games but not all games are part of the promo they have little yellow stickers under neath them ill list the games that I remember...also the prices are mainly MSRP so even with the buy 1 get 1 deal its prob cheaper somewhere else but it might help someone with meijer credit or something..

NBA 2k14 PS3/XBOX 360

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster (PS3) - not sure if vita would be part of this

Tomb Raider PS4/PS3/XBOX 360

and theres like probably 20 more titles I can remember exactly..

They also had fit bit stuff where if you buy a tracker and buy the scale they take 20 dollars off but the scales a wireless scale for 129.99 :p...anyways sorry if the list isnt more complete if someone goes we can update the OP to include more titles..

#2 TheSupremeForce   Knight of the Word CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

TheSupremeForce

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off is in the weekly Meijer sales ad.  Thanks for reminding me.  

#3 srac84   Gamer MD CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

Meijer has summer bucks this week (June 13-14) so should be able to combine them with the buy 1 get 1 50% deal making it better :D

#4 Dr. Dib   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

It's all games, not select games. I was able to get Mario Kart 8 (Marked) and Mario and Luigi Dream Team (Not Marked) under this promo. 

If you're looking for Mario Kart 8 good luck though. I had to go to a second Meijer to get it as the first one I went ot was out of it. The employee there mentioned they had been getting calls asking for it from other stores too.

#5 Lil Frier   Has been playing The Golf Club
XONE

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

So do we know if these would stack? Would you be able to get the $10 off on a $60 game and $5 off a $30 (after 50% off) game, thus getting $120 in games for $75?

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Powerstar Golf, Halo: TMCC, The Golf Club; :wiiu:: SSB U, Mario Kart 8; :pc:: NONE

#6 Keith1980   Cheapstiffy CAG in Training   34 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Keith1980

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

I don't think summer bucks work on games.

#7 srac84   Gamer MD CAGiversary!   941 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

ya they do i think..thats what previously it has been "general merchandise" it just no longer works on amazon cards unfortunately or psn cards..

#8 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   485 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

They also have a deal where if you buy a PS4 then you get a coupon for $50 off your next shopping trip.
Posted Image

#9 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2302 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

They also have 3DS for $139.99 as well. I saw a Luigi's Mansion 3DS bundle and it was part of the sale as well.

337782.png

#10 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

I wonder if you can take the meijer add to walmart and pm the ad for the 3ds and get it for $139 with a $40 gifcard ($50 has been reported as well).

#11 Lil Frier   Has been playing The Golf Club
XONE

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

I don't know what my buy-in price is on a 3DS XL, but I want one for Fire Emblem and nothing else (I'd actually get Kingdom Hearts at some point as well, but I'm sad that I haven't played a new FE since The Sacred Stones on GBA, and Radiant Dawn is about a billion dollars).

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Powerstar Golf, Halo: TMCC, The Golf Club; :wiiu:: SSB U, Mario Kart 8; :pc:: NONE

#12 Carbonite   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Carbonite

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

Yep, same at my store.  

Its all games though.  Not specific ones.  The tags are not on all of them, but every game is fine.

I am trying to decide if 45 dollars is low enough for me to pick up any full priced games.

Games I don't own yet that I am interested in: Watch Dogs, Murdered: Soul Suspect and Spiderman 2

#13 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
PS3

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

Yep, same at my store.  

Its all games though.  Not specific ones.  The tags are not on all of them, but every game is fine.

I am trying to decide if 45 dollars is low enough for me to pick up any full priced games.

Games I don't own yet that I am interested in: Watch Dogs, Murdered: Soul Suspect and Spiderman 2

I would wait, honestly, unless you have nothing fun to play at the moment. Watch Dogs is good but repetitive similar to Assassin's Creed / etc. and it's Ubisoft.. it'll be $40 or less retail before summer is over. Spiderman 2 is a movie game, and they always drop like a rock after a few months. Soul Suspect i'm not sure about :)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#14 Lil Frier   Has been playing The Golf Club
XONE

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

Yep, same at my store.  

Watch Dogs is worth it. I beat the whole thing (98% Achievements) in a week and a half, took 72 hours or so. If you're efficient, it's probably doable in 60-65, though. It trades in for $44 right now, and might net a little more next week, so you could get it now, then turn it in to Best Buy when you're done for a decent profit. At the same time, GameStop is promising $40 in credit for it until the 26th or so, plenty of time to get through it (depending on life schedules, of course).

Lil+Frier.png

#15 chuckywang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

You can get two $60 games for $75 total ($37.50 each). 

Buy one for $60 and a second one for $30 (half off). Use the $10 off $50 summer buck coupon on the $60 game and the $5 off $25 coupon on the $30 game. BAM! Two games for $75.