Gamestop Trade in Promo- Trade any PS3 (12GB) or Xbox 360 (4GB or original) and get $100 toward the purchase of a new PS4. Trade any PS3 (20GB or High

wow.

Got a OG 60gb.

Don't know if I'm ready for a PS4 yet (Since I'm getting an Xbox One this week).

this makes it tempting.

So...I don't see anything saying "limit 1 trade per transaction/customer," so COULD you trade in multiple junk 360 models towards this?

Also, what is the TIV for a PS4? It says that it's $344.50, and that it's after the promotional value. However, the promo it references says it is for games and accessories, so can anyone attest to what the base TIV is? If $344.50 was the base, then people could get $516.75 for a PS4 after that 50% boost when getting a PS4/One.

Just trying to see what the actual cost of a One would be here. If you could trade in the 360 for $100, then you'd get the PS4 at about $335. That could be traded in for $516.75. So, for $335 in cash and an unused console, you could get $516.75 in credit? That would leave the difference for a One at about $26. So, a One could be purchased for under $375 with this promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="WhlozGaming" post="11825567" timestamp="1402290709"]Just scrolling through their website and found this. I hope I'm ot posting something that has already been posted. :/
Pretty good deal though![/quote]

Where did you find this?

Since it says "defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value" I am guessing my phat 60 gb that can't read discs won't work for that since I assume they check that for that kind of thing. I assume the lesser value would make it go from $150 to like $5

Since it says "defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value" I am guessing my phat 60 gb that can't read discs won't work for that since I assume they check that for that kind of thing. I assume the lesser value would make it go from $150 to like $5
Depends on the store and how lazy the employees are, they're supposed to but many don't. Can't hurt to try.

No problem! I am too, haha. Thinking of getting the ps4 , returning it and then buying a Wii U.
Same here...I just traded in my ps4 towards an xbox one, and when I traded in the xbox one, the Gamestop employee credited it all to my bank card :)

I have 3 Mario Kart 8 club nintendo codes, so I am ready for a Wii U

yea it probably won't be full value cause they will test the system out and make sure it works and play games and if it don't they could deny the trade completely or they could lower the values and also more then likely try to charge a refurbishing fee but I forget how much that fee is now
At the bottom of the trade page in small print it even says: Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value.

"Hardware must have all necessary components for trade"

What are considered necessary components?
the console, composite wires and no hdmi cord WONT work, the harddrive, and the power plugs and also the controller. Pretty much everything it originally came with

the console, composite wires and no hdmi cord WONT work, the harddrive, and the power plugs and also the controller. Pretty much everything it originally came with
I think it might vary by employee on the composite cables, the last few times I've traded in 360s they were ok with hdmi cables.

"Hardware must have all necessary components for trade"

What are considered necessary components?

For a PS3 - console, controller, power cord, usb cable and a/v cable.

For Xbox 360 - console, hard drive (when applicable), controller (with battery cover/holder), power brick with cord and a/v cable.

Remember, there's a 50% bonus on systems going on right now towards a PS4/XB1. If the base value of the system you're thinking about trading in is greater than $66.67, then you're better off with that 50% bonus. I assume Gamestop's system will give you the best trade-in bonus though, so you probably don't have to worry about it.

Remember, there's a 50% bonus on systems going on right now towards a PS4/XB1. If the base value of the system you're thinking about trading in is greater than $66.67, then you're better off with that 50% bonus. I assume Gamestop's system will give you the best trade-in bonus though, so you probably don't have to worry about it.
They give you a $150 credit for any PS3 over 20 gb and Xbox 360 over 200-something gb.

Damn missing out on this one, my ps3 stopped reading discs so I had to take it apart, thus removing warranty.(sticker)

On the plus side, it plays fine now.

Damn, tempted to bring my PS3 and 360 in for an almost-free (thanks to credit banking) shiny new PS4.

I really wouldn't want to offload my 360 HDD though... Hmmmm.

My OG 60GB works perfectly but I did remove the warranty seal so I could dust/clean the inside. Would this pose a problem if I trade it in? (edit - 60GB PS3).

My OG 60GB works perfectly but I did remove the warranty seal so I could dust/clean the inside. Would this pose a problem if I trade it in?
Refurb Fee

Also they will probably call the cops for copyright laws.

Make your own 360 to brake into.

Damn might try this with my Reach 250GB Xbox and my 60 GB White regular model. Hopefully will be sufficient if I also throw in the Vita at $156 with the 50% boost.

Does Anybody know if I have the buy the console the promo is going towards on the spot? Like right after I do all the trading? Thanks.

[quote name="WhlozGaming" post="11825741" timestamp="1402300684"]Does Anybody know if I have the buy the console the promo is going towards on the spot? Like right after I do all the trading? Thanks.[/quote]

Yes, I've tried it once and they said I had to buy already

So can you trade in a Xbox 360 & a PS3 towards this Ps4 with this promo? I have a Xbox 120GB & a PS3 250GB. Would i get $100 for Xbox & $150 for the PS3? $250 total towards the Ps4? Never traded in at gamestop so not really sure. Thanks for the help. Sounds like a great deal.

Let's just say I take advantage of this promo and get a ps4. Will I be able to return the unopened ps4 the next day and use the cash/credit for an xbox one without any problems?

this might pose a problem for some 

Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details.

Yeah I saw it this morning. What was not clear to me was if any ps3 slim qualifies or minimum 250GB slim like the 360
yeah its a little vague. i hope the do the samething with the PS4 soon even though there is a new bundle coming .i already have my xbone from gamestop on launch.

That $104 value on their page isn't the base value.
I know just gave a rough estimate with that value hehehe, just got to head to my local gstop and see what I can come up with, hopefully I'll only come short a few dollars with my game collection as well.

Hmmm... I have an old 360 Elite that's just gathering dust in my closet. Got it for $20 from AWD a few months back. 

So that's $100 towards a new PS4. And I can still trade my current PS4 towards a new one too. Plus an old 3DS.

If I walk in with, say, $600 worth of items to trade-in (thanks to the promos), will I get that estimated value if I plunk it all towards a next-gen console? Or will the promos only remain in effect until the cost of the new console is covered?

Hmmm... I have an old 360 Elite that's just gathering dust in my closet. Got it for $20 from AWD a few months back.

So that's $100 towards a new PS4. And I can still trade my current PS4 towards a new one too. Plus an old 3DS.

If I walk in with, say, $600 worth of items to trade-in (thanks to the promos), will I get that estimated value if I plunk it all towards a next-gen console? Or will the promos only remain in effect until the cost of the new console is covered?
I don't think you can stack the promos, so the PS4 and 3DS would only get base values if you were to do the xbox 360 $100 thing. I think you should use the 50% towards a new ps4 or xbox one deal instead.

bread's done
Back