Do you plan on ever selling your PS3, 360, or Wii?

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The reason I ask is because of all these remasters coming out.

I am planning on selling my 360 soon because all I play on it is Halo and GTA V... which are coming to next gen and will look amazing. Gonna beat a few more games first before I sell it.

I sold my Wii since my Wii U plays Wii games and I lost interest in my PS3 and sold it for my PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't sell my Wii. I have over 300 games for it, and play them quite often. PS3 may get sold at some point, but never sell the PS2 or Wii. They are my favorites. I rarely sell DS and 3DS games for the same reasons. I love them.

I'd say sell it if you aren't really using it as you can potentially get more now and buy it later for less...

We will keep are still working fine PS3 60 gig and original BC wii....

PS3 250 GB and Red Anniversary Wii with Gamecube compatibility.  Both of these along with all my retro systems are staying.  I am actually considering a second PS3 at this point for my bedroom.  Got rid of my PS1 and Sega years ago.  I still wish I had my Sega and games.  Replaced my PS1 and upgraded my PS2 to slim.  Just bought a Saturn.  So I guess the answer is a definite NO.  I am still acquiring systems. 

No, I never sell my old consoles since I play a lot of older games. I still have my Dreamcast, Gamecube, XBox and PS2 connected to the TV in addition to Wii and PS3.

I'd say sell it if you aren't really using it as you can potentially get more now and buy it later for less...

We will keep are still working fine PS3 60 gig and original BC wii....
yeah that's why i'm doing it soon, especially since it's the R2D2 edition. I'll probably buy one again down to road, perhaps at a yard sale for super cheap, which I see occasionally.

My answer

Hell to the naw!

I'm saving all my systems and games. Once I die my children can fight over who gets to keep them.

If I get broke enough I might have too.  I came close this year because I had to help family pay off some big debts a few months ago. 

There are times it has crossed my mind to sell off my consoles and games because of ports going to next generation consoles.

I'm keeping my PS3 because I have a lot of digital games on it from PS+.  Don't want to transfer all of that stuff to a PS4 even if it was possible.

I probably would sell my 360 if most of the 360 games I own were available on the Xbox One or PC.

I was thinking about getting a Wii Mini just to compliment my Wii that's Gamecube backwards compatible.  So that's no on the Wii.

I've always sold my old systems when a newer one comes out, but I have come to regret that when I feel a sense of nostalgia. I always have found time to play newer games but I rarely find time to go back to an older game that I have already beaten, so it's not worth it to me to keep an older system around for the one or two days I might want to play it.

I'm trying to sell my Wii but am getting a lot of lowballers on Craigslist. It might just be more profitable for me to sell off some of the better hardware and games individually.

Never got around to selling my original Xbox. Guess I'm stuck with that.

I'm trying to sell my Wii but am getting a lot of lowballers on Craigslist. It might just be more profitable for me to sell off some of the better hardware and games individually.

Never got around to selling my original Xbox. Guess I'm stuck with that.
does yours have Gamecube compatibility? It may be worth more on eBay.

Hell no. The PS3/360/Wii generation has a VERY sizeable library. I mean, if you had the freetime to play all those great games, you'd still have a hard time finishing even 25% of it. I don't want a Retron5, and that's why you'll never be able to pry my Wii away from me. 

My situation is the definition of the sunk cost fallacy but never the less I can't see myself getting rid of my 360 or the PS3. I have easily spent about 1K in digital content on the 360 but I am at a point in my life where I just don't play enough games to really to ever play/enjoy all that content. The PS3 on the other hand  serves as a secondary bluray player so there is no reason to get rid of it. Plus, it's backwards compatible to PS2 and I have a TB hdd full of games. Having said all that, the smart thing would be to get rid of them during the various promos.  

Whenever I sell a system, years down the line I start to regret it, and end up buying it again.

No because I got a wii for $5 that can play GameCube games ( anyone know if they sell replacement casing shells)

The xbox kinect was $200 purchased, would consider selling if I can get a limited edition Star Wars and gow3 or halo console cheap to replace for my collection.

I have a slim ps2 brand new from Sears clearance. Have a ps2 phat that still alive and kicking.

Would not sell GameCube due to my gameboy player. GameCube + player= awesome. Playing gameboy on the tv

Wiis are regularly available for 30-40 bucks with gamecube functionality so trying to get much more than that for one is probably not going to happen.

If I were to sell any of the three, it would be the Wii. My girlfriend is the only one that ever plays games on it. I just use it for Netflix at night when I am going to bed.

There is no way I will ever sell my 360, not because I love it but because I have sunk sooooo much cash into the damn thing. I am getting rid of a lot of games (by going through my backlog) because I want money for a PS4. But the HD itself has enough games on it that I just couldn't justify getting rid of it.

If my PS3 breaks, I may sell it and get another used one. But I really like it, just need to get past this 360 crap before I can complete the swtich.

Only one I have sold or will ever sell is the Wii. Only reason I sold that is my Wii was not GC compatible, and I have a Wii U to play Wii games on.

Already sold my PS3 and two of my X360's.  I still have two more 360's though and I won't be selling them.  I don't care about nostalgia or replaying games or anything.  There are just a ton of game I have yet to play on X360 and by the time I'm done playing everything I want to play the thing won't be worth enough money to bother selling.

Never selling the R2D2 360 and I'm sure as hell not buying games on the XBone that I played/beat on 360. 

"Now I can play Halo and GTAV with better graphics" Jesus H Christ are people that desperate to give M$ more money? It would be one thing if you never played it, but to get the same game you've already played on the next generation (outside of nostalgic purposes - more than a couple of years) is insane to me. 

I won't sell my PS3, because I've got a huge PS1/2/3 collection and I am not paying to stream those games. 

I would sell my Wii but it's pretty much worthless and I have it modded, which does make it nicer since I can play imports and load games from the HDD. I do plan to get a Wii U and it's nice that it supports all GC/Wii games, but the Wii's minimalist size makes it pretty easy to keep around. 

The 360 is the one system I might get rid of. I transition to the PS3 after so many hardware issues but the system still has some good games, not to mention it does support most original XB games. 

Huh, guess I'm not getting rid of any of them... unless, by some miracle, Sony and MS decide to add BC. :whistle2:k

It's never going to play GC games. They might sell remastered GC games or sell them on the virtual console but it's never going to play gamecube disc's.

Sold my PS3 to a gamestop employee about a month after picking up my PS4. He paid me for it and let me finished up the rest of the games I wanted. Not sure if I'll ever get around to finishing the games on my 360 though.

I sold my Wii right before Christmas, along with my original Xbox and GameCube. My 360, PS2, and PS3 are going nowhere. I'm fixing to move, actually, and I plan on taking them all with me. :)

I'd like to get a red or blue Super Slim and I would be tempted to get a Xbox 360 E if it came in a really cool color. I just like having the latest version of a given console like with my top loader NES and my smaller SNES.

It's never going to play GC games. They might sell remastered GC games or sell them on the virtual console but it's never going to play gamecube disc's.
There's no reason why it couldn't play GCN games. The GameCube, Wii and Wii U all use the same architecture. The Wii U just uses a more powerful IBM PowerPC CPU than its predecessors and you could easily get around the lack of a memory card slot with a virtual memory card. It would be cool if Nintendo made a GCN emulator with the release of the GCN controller adapter, but I wouldn't hold my breath. (I still have my complete Purple GameCube too)

I don't think there's any hardware limitations preventing them from doing it, but there is money to be made by making people re-buy digital copies of their GC games, since the Wii U does support downloaded GC games. 

Sony is basically doing the same thing, but given that their system has a completely different architecture, they can use that excuse to avoid BC talks. 

I will never sell my Wii. It is backwards compatible and I bought it brand new so it is going to stay with me until it or I die. I have no interest in the Xbone but love my 360 so that is staying. My PS3 still has lots of games for it that I have not played. Not selling it either.

So no.

No. I don't see the point I have hundreds of games. Several nice systems; ps3,ps4,x1,360,etc. I can understand if you were in financial straits but i don't see the point otherwise. I realize some people do the buy a game finish it and resell it later deal along with systems. I personally think thats stupid and foolish in foresight. Just like a movie sometimes i wanna go back to a previous game. Besides I wanna save my games and systems for my kids one day to enjoy. I collect them and can afford to keep my hobby. Besides whatever you buy and resell later your always doing it at a loss as you never truly get back the price you paid for it originally; so might as well just keep it.

I can understand if your a kid or money's an issue (trying to be polite here). But as an adult who can afford what is honestly a costly hobby i don't see the point. It's nice to have a large collection of easily accessible titles rather then a meger one of only a few titles but most recent.

No. I don't see the point I have hundreds of games. Several nice systems; ps3,ps4,x1,360,etc. I can understand if you were in financial straits but i don't see the point otherwise. I realize some people do the buy a game finish it and resell it later deal along with systems. I personally think thats stupid and foolish in foresight. Just like a movie sometimes i wanna go back to a previous game. Besides I wanna save my games and systems for my kids one day to enjoy. I collect them and can afford to keep my hobby. Besides whatever you buy and resell later your always doing it at a loss as you never truly get back the price you paid for it originally; so might as well just keep it.

I can understand if your a kid or money's an issue (trying to be polite here). But as an adult who can afford what is honestly a costly hobby i don't see the point. It's nice to have a large collection of easily accessible titles rather then a meger one of only a few titles but most recent.
I agree. For some reason I traded a snes when I was a kid, but now i still want it back!

Considering all the digital games I've bought for 360 and Wii, I won't be selling.

Of course I won't be taking part in the next generation either... I may buy/build a PC sometime in the next 5-7 years.

Yeah thats another reason. Digital console purchases are hard to sell separate. You'd probably have to sell the system or more specifically the hd its on. So not much point unless you wanna sell your content in bulk on the drive.

I sold my 360 like 2 years ago but I don't see myself selling my PS3 anytime soon. I've played that over the last 6 months more then my Wii U or my PS4.

bread's done
Back