61 (100%)
tumblr_n6xq15WBBk1sa4prjo7_500.gif

tumblr_n6xq15WBBk1sa4prjo1_250.gif

tumblr_n6xq15WBBk1sa4prjo2_250.gif

tumblr_n6xq15WBBk1sa4prjo3_250.gif

tumblr_n6xq15WBBk1sa4prjo4_250.gif

tumblr_n6xq15WBBk1sa4prjo5_250.gif

tumblr_n6xq15WBBk1sa4prjo6_250.gif

That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory, using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4, and as you can see, the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.​
 ​
The next generation of Nathan Drake is going to be very real and will explore what it means when Drake is forced back into the world of thieves. He will embark on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. It’s his greatest adventure yet and will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.​
 ​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Rx-Bbht5E

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this a CG trailer? I know a lot of people didn't like Uncharted 3 so I hope team Naughty Dog can redeem themselves a bit with this one. And I doubt this will be the last one, these type of franchises always get milked to death. However, I can see them killing off a character or two for dramatic effect.

Edit:

I just read that it was in engine, nice.

It's not gameplay though, it's one of the pre-rendered cut-scenes, which look substantially better/smoother than actual gameplay footage. Still, I have no doubt in my mind that the actual game should look fantastic and all signs point to this being ND's only focus (whereas for Uncharted 3, they were splitting time between that and LoU). 

God, it's gonna suck having to wait for all of these games... 

It's not gameplay though, it's one of the pre-rendered cut-scenes, which look substantially better/smoother than actual gameplay footage. Still, I have no doubt in my mind that the actual game should look fantastic and all signs point to this being ND's only focus (whereas for Uncharted 3, they were splitting time between that and LoU).

God, it's gonna suck having to wait for all of these games...
Naughty Dog is a two team studio, so yes, one teams entire focus is solely on Uncharted 4 but another team is undoubtedly working on TLOU2 or a new IP.

I love how people are shouting it's just a CGI trailer, no big deal.  But if anyone has played the Uncharted games, the cut scenes don't look very different than the gameplay due to them being in engine created and not full CGI.  It will almost be identical, and it looks very similar to how good The Last of Us looked with a little more polished which is about right!

Historically, Naughty Dog cinematics are FMV. They are rendered using better lighting and character models than used during gameplay.

So in remains to be seen if this is actually real-time.

Historically, Naughty Dog cinematics are FMV. They are rendered using better lighting and character models than used during gameplay.

So in remains to be seen if this is actually real-time.
but the transition, like we have all said, it will be very close

But if anyone has played the Uncharted games, the cut scenes don't look very different than the gameplay due to them being in engine created and not full CGI. It will almost be identical
They are created in-engine but they are not real-time. They also use better lighting and character models. The bottom line is that the PS3 would not be able to push Uncharted 3 or Last of Us cinematics in real-time.

I don't know if that's how it is for The Thief's End, but there's just something about cinematics rendered in real-time that I like. I become less interested in a game when the cinematics are not real-time.

I feel like hey will be very close to this, because you can see the upgrade the Last of Us had, add the better horsepower of the PS4, they can get there.

Are the Last of Us PS4 edition cinematics in real time?
for the most part... the transition is like most naughty dog games.

My point is if they take what they did for TLOU on PS3 and used that to get even better with the PS4's power... the game will look good!!

hopefully uc4s online doesnt blow like uc3s did. uc2 had solid online and would have been even better if it werent for the map glitches.

drake looks even more like nathan fillion now

I hope we get co-op. I know we won't but... it would be awesome taking on the adventure as Drake and Sully/Elena/Chloe... or any combination of those characters. 

As for online, I'm not going to pretend like I'm a fan... since I do less than 5% of my gaming online. But if they can make it half as fun as LoU's online, I'll definitely play. 

ND always delivers and even if the final version of UC4 doesn't look exactly the same as the trailer who really cares. It will still be absolutely gorgeous and one of the best looking games on the PS4. 

Well, If people doubted Naughty Dog before:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=835985&page=1

- what was shown was an actual level in the game
- trailer in real time, in-engine
- ND seems to be going this route for cutscenes here on out
- targeting 60 fps
- Drakes model in UC4 is double the polygons of Joel in TLOU on PS3

I believe in Naughty Dog
Insane. That jungle looks amazing... and you know they'll have some incredible physics too. Arkham Knight lost a lot of credit for me when it was revealed to be running on a PC... which could mean anything from a PC which should perform similar to a PS4 to a high-end PC running a i7 and a R9 290x Crossfire. I'm also curious to know if FC4 was running on the PS4 or not.

Wonder what spokker will say about the graphics now?
Huh? What I said before is that historically Uncharted and Last of Us cutscenes are FMV, which is a fact, and that I didn't know if it would be that way for The Thief's End. I'm glad there is an answer now. Did you think there should be egg on my face or something?

Huh? What I said before is that historically Uncharted and Last of Us cutscenes are FMV, which is a fact, and that I didn't know if it would be that way for The Thief's End. I'm glad there is an answer now. Did you think there should be egg on my face or something?
Nah just figured youd find something else to be negative about.

So excited for this game. Next holiday season is going to be awesome.

I might have to play through Uncharted 1, 2, and 3 again over the next year.

I'm actually glad that The Order and Uncharted 4 aren't coming until 2015... meaning there's a chance of a price drop or a decent bundle of some kind. 2015 is gonna be crazy. 

Honestly, I have too many games now and October is insane, even if there aren't a lot of exclusives. Then 2015 is the year of games!!!!

I'll be doing the same..might even try to plat them finally.
I was about to start up Uncharted 1 the other day but I think I'm gonna wait it out a little and see if they decide to do an Uncharted Remastered Collection or something.

Honestly, I have too many games now and October is insane, even if there aren't a lot of exclusives. Then 2015 is the year of games!!!!
Honestly I'm just gonna be broke starting October first its insane.

I was about to start up Uncharted 1 the other day but I think I'm gonna wait it out a little and see if they decide to do an Uncharted Remastered Collection or something.

Honestly I'm just gonna be broke starting October first its insane.
Only three for me so far.

AC Unity, Shadows of mordor, and Evolve

Throw in some drive club but only the free version.

As far as deals go, is the Digital Deluxe Edition the best way to go since it contains the Triple Pack? The physical edition doesn't include it, yet it's the same price.

Holy shit, the reviews for this game have been excellent. I was thinking this would be more like Uncharted 3 wherein it simply doesn't live up to the hype but figures, ND delivers. Hopefully I have time to actually play it...

And if ND can give us a solid Uncharted 4, I think I might actually be excited for a Last of Us 2.

As far as deals go, is the Digital Deluxe Edition the best way to go since it contains the Triple Pack? The physical edition doesn't include it, yet it's the same price.
If you want all the best game content, then yeah, it's the best option. The other editions are really if you want the collectibles.

Yeah, the hype machine is strong for this one now; I'm stoked. Even though the last one fell a little flat for me, I feel like this one will surpass the first game for some reason. It's nice when there's enough time between games that they feel fresh and that's what I'm expecting from this one. :D

Anyone else having trouble preloading Uncharted 4? I thought we suppose to be able to preload this yesterday, but I just keep getting the same "game is not yet available" error. WTF!!!

I'm eagerly awaiting a rent spot, definitely hyped to play this. I loved the previous 3 and played through them multiple times.

Played this to chapter 5 last night and did some MP. So far this has been an amazing game; hands down GOTY material. I do hope the story lightens up a bit because it seems a little heavy this time around when I just wanna see Nate have some fun with Sully again. Too much drama leftover from Last of Us, Naughty Dog?

The MP I feel has become overly complex though with tighter maps and loadouts that scream CoD. They're also mixing PvE in with PvP which is a huge no-no by way of summonable NPC guards. I much preferred U2 MP in that it was simple run n' gun fun without these new AOE totems or AOE revive items. The loadouts mean in team DM there is literally no hot spots in competing for a gun spawn and you mindlessly roam the map until encountering resistance.

That said, the graphics in this game are amazing and I've been playing around with the photo mode for some incredible shots. Can't wait to see more of what's in store!

Some review site mentioned how good the photo mode was, and wow, I have to agree. Never thought I'd be taking/manipulating screenshots for almost as long as I actually played the game.

On Chapter 18 right now.  Really enjoying the game!  Have absolutely no interest in the PvP though.

Can't wait to finish it up tomorrow.

I tried to search for trade in value on Best Buy and couldn't find it.  Does Best Buy not accept trade ins on release week?

I just started playing the game's multiplayer. I held off until I finished the story because I didn't want the multiplayer to show me any possible new characters or locations from the story. The last preview I watched for the game was the one at Geoff Keighley's award show.

It's kind of a drag having to unlock all the options for custom loadouts. It feels like the game won't really get started until I do. It'll eventually get done, but right now is not a good time for the matches to feel like a chore. Overwatch is right around the corner.

I have been looking forward to play the multiplayer again ever since the beta ended. I still think I'm going to enjoy it, but Overwatch will probably be my main game.

bread's done
Back