Bloodborne - The Old Hunters - November 24th, 2015

Supplice

CAGiversary!
19mr75.jpg

Introducing Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.

A Terrifying New World: Journey to a horror-filled gothic city where deranged mobs and nightmarish creatures lurk around every corner.

Strategic Action Combat: Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers, you'll need wits, strategy and reflexes to take down the agile and intelligent enemies that guard the city's dark secrets.

A New Generation of Action RPG: Stunningly detailed gothic environments, atmospheric lighting, and advanced new online experiences showcase the power and prowess of the PlayStation 4 system.

Special message from Director Hidetaka Miyazaki:
“Creating Bloodborne as a completely new game on the new PlayStation 4 hardware has allowed us to really push the envelope in myriad ways. That being said, in more ways than one, it also very much retains our distinct, signature style. As has been at the core of our development philosophy since Demon’s Souls, we make true games for people who love games. Please watch for more to come on Bloodborne, and thank you very much for your support.”

News Links

Screenshots, Artwork and Box Art
Bloodborne Coming Exclusively to PS4 in 2015, New Details
11 things you need to know about Bloodborne on PS4
“A Battle to the Death” According to Hidetaka Miyazaki
From Software's next title seeks to re-invent the Souls game
Bloodborne's health regaining system detailed
Bloodborne's HUD has dedicated healing items in their own slot
Bloodborne western release date and collector edition
Bloodborne’s online features fully detailed

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G203e1HhixY​

[customspoiler='Project Beast (Bloodborne) unreleased TGS trailer']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1zSf2U21AY[/customspoiler]​
[customspoiler='Bloodborne Gameplay Trailer GC']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WsqQtqwP9E[/customspoiler]​
[customspoiler='Bloodborne - Official Gamescom Demo Gameplay: Full Play-thru']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWId6_Pemck[/customspoiler]​
[customspoiler='Bloodborne™ Official TGS Gameplay Trailer']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5o8jwqKsDE[/customspoiler]​
[customspoiler='Bloodborne 30 Minute Gameplay Walkthrough TGS 2014 Demo']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvFGQ-tie-o[/customspoiler]​
[customspoiler='Bloodborne - Official TV Commercial: The Hunt Begins']https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nKW9kTjsps[/customspoiler]​

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my white ps4 pre-order on amazon so Im ready for this lol However, I do miss the old hat the character used to wear. I cant wait to see more of this.

Bloodborne Coming Exclusively to PS4 in 2015, New Details

PSU Bloodborne impressions: a faster, gothic Demon's Souls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtzLXg9AB0

^ YESS!! The behind closed doors demo is really getting a lot of positive impressions. I wish they would had shown some of it at the show. Early 2015 is the target release, so hyped. :bouncy:

Ugh, my excitement went to zero when talking about a reverse in roles: from prey to predator.  I don't know about this one anymore if they're just going to make it an average action game where it's meant to be fast paced. : \

I have faith in From Soft. I plan to get a PS4 before this comes out, but if I don't, i'll definitely make sure to.

Project Beast (Bloodborne) unreleased TGS trailer. Make sure to take annotations off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1zSf2U21AY

11 things you need to know about Bloodborne on PS4 - PS EU Blog

1. This is not a sequel

FromSoftware are perhaps most famous for creating Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II. Miyazaki himself was even the director of both Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls, but he explained, “Players that have experienced the other games I have directed are going to see some familiarities, but this is not a sequel…you’re going to find something new in Bloodborne…your gameplay experience is going to be more intense…it will be heightened.”

2. Explore the unknown

Set in the fictional, sprawling city of Yharnham, the 19th century setting is dark and foreboding. FromSoftware are keeping the details of the story of Bloodborne under wraps, but Miyazaki did tell us, “One of the most important aspects we are focusing on whilst we make Bloodborne is the exploration of the unknown” – players will have a massive area of the city of Yharnham, and you’ll be encouraged to explore it to unravel “a universe laden with mystery.”

3. Something beastly this way comes

As you journey along the dingy alleyways, strange cloaked figures and deformed figures will lurch out of the darkness to attack you at almost every turn. On top of that, “there are moments, like the ominous banging of these gates in the city, where we’re telling you that some huge beast if coming.”

4. There’s something deeply wrong in Yharnham

On top of the bleak colour palette and shadows of the city, something else is amiss, “the city has been stricken by a plague, and those afflicted transform into hideous beasts” – what’s more, “the citizens around are unaware that they too are afflicted.”

5. Fight for your life

Miyazaki is known for creating games with an enjoyably challenging difficulty level, and Bloodborne will be no different, “You’re going to constantly feel terror because when you face each enemy, you will also face death. Every fight could be your last.”

6. A weapon in each hand

Bloodborne isn’t going to send you out to face the hordes unaided – players will arm themselves with a satisfyingly powerful shotgun in their left hand, as well as a scythe-like weapon in their right.

7. Passive aggressive

Whilst wading right into a crowd of enemies is clearly a strategy that will quickly have you in a body bag, trying to stay out of the fight isn’t necessarily going to work, “You’re going to have to face up to enemies quickly or else become overwhelmed.”

8. Your weapons transform as you use them

Miyazaki showed off a melee weapon that was part scythe, part saw. What was most interesting about it is that players can employ different techniques to cause the weapon to transform as you are fighting. This will be one of the key ways in which players will need to adapt their techniques to tackle bosses, and customise their characters to suit their style, “with each transformation of your weapon comes a different play style.”

9. Shifting enemies

During the level we were shown, the citizens of Yharnham were hunting the beasts that are plaguing the city. During one section, they crowded around a makeshift pyre to set alight a slain monster, allowing us to creep around the outskirts unnoticed. However this didn’t last long – soon a bell sounded from deep within the city and the rabble recommenced their hunt. Miyazaki said, “The game is going to challenge you as the environment changes and enemies move around the level in unexpected ways.”

10. Helpful fellow

As you fight through Yharnham, you’ll occasionally meet other hunters in trouble, and you can choose whether to help or not, “You have that option, if you’re compassionate… And those characters might even come back later to lend a hand and help even the odds.”

11. Up close and personal

For anyone hoping to keep enemies at (more than) arm’s length, hurting enemies whilst staying well out of their reach in order to stay alive, Bloodborne might already be one step ahead of you. Miyazaki confirmed “close range combat is going to be the focus of the game”, but also hinted at some of the tricks you’ll have up your sleeve…

PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne Will Feel Like “A Battle to the Death” According to Hidetaka Miyazaki

The upcoming PS4 exclusive Bloodborne has created a lot of expectations and hype between the fans of the Souls series, and many have been wondering about what we can expect from the title’s gameplay, especially in terms of difficulty, which is a staple of Hidetaka Miyazaki’s own work.

The director himself gave more information about it on an interview on 4Gamer, explaining the game’s principle he calls “The feeling of a battle to the death”
On the production side, we want players to fear the monsters and feel that they’re taking part in a battle to the death. We put a lot of effort on interactions and expressions to that end, and an example would be the blood splashes.

However the goal isn’t simply to irk players with ugly and terrifying enemies, but we want them to feel strongly about their battle to the death, and making them feel relieved and happy for the fact that they managed to survive it. We want players to tell “This was dangerous! I can’t believe I managed to make it through!”

Miyazaki-san also mentioned that with both Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls the team wanted players to feel a sense of accomplishment, and that’s why they ramped up the difficulty. With Bloodborne they want gamers to feel that sense of accomplishment even more strongly than before, so they needed to come up with something beyond simple challenge. In order to let players feel that sense of final accomplishment, they need to be able to win, so difficulty isn’t something that can be raised past certain limits.

That’s why our theory is that there has to be something else on the side of the level of challenge, which is the feeling of a desperate struggle to the death, which will create the sense of accomplishment. That is created by encountering a strong enemy and knowing in advance that it’s going to be a hard battle. Then your hands get all sweaty while you fight, and when you win you say “That was dangerous!” or ” I walked away from it somehow!” That can’t be achieved just with numbers expressing a difficulty setting.
He then explained that it will be achieved thanks to the “active battle” system included in the game, and another mechanic called “Inviting to the battle to the death,” but he promised that he’ll detail that one at a later time.

Honestly, I can’t wait to hear more about this, as Miyazaki-san seems to have a very clear idea on how to keep the game challenging, but also dampening the sense of frustration that often comes with challenge thanks to a feeling of accomplishment, and this may very well be what could raise Bloodborne above its predecessors.

Src

Last month's Famitsu on Bloodborne overview.

• Spring 2015 release window
  • They started work on this right after finishing Artorias of the Abyss, planning it for Sony's new hardware
  • The world and story is completely new, and the setting takes full advantage of the PS4's capabilities
  • The expected spec for the game is 30fps at 1080p
  • The keywords for the game is "blood" and "beast"
  • There will be melee and long range weapons (guns) this time
  • Character customization is confirmed
  • There will be no map display in the game
  • He wants combat to not just focus on action but also the strategic element
  • The combat in the game is designed to feel like a life or death struggle
  • There will be online elements of some sort, and it will involve players "discovering" together

There will be a playable demo at Gamescon. 

From Software's next title seeks to re-invent the Souls game - "Bleak and Unforgiving"

[customspoiler='Details of Bloodborne Gamescom Demo']
During Sony's E3 Press Conference, we finally got the official reveal of the game, now called Bloodborne, and what we saw was something far more bleak and depressing than anything the previous Souls titles could muster. Once more details began to surface, fans were curious to find many changes to standard gameplay.

But was this still a Souls game? Well, Destructoid was invited out to PlayStation HQ in San Mateo to play some of their gamescom offerings, and we got to spend some quality time with From Software's next title.
Set in the city of Yharnam, players must trek through a plague ridden metropolis with its inhabitants driven mad by a mysterious disease. Somewhere inside the city houses a miracle cure for the affliction. Though many have tried, none have successfully found the cure and lived to use it. As a newcomer to the city, you must find your way through the labyrinthine streets of this Victorian nightmare. All the while slaying powerful foes and strengthening yourself in order to find the cure for the curse.

If you were worried that Bloodborne would deviate from the Souls formula, then you were mistaken. Based on my time with the game, From Software's next is a Souls title through and through. Having said that, it manages to create a style that channels the best of Souls foreboding and bleak atmosphere, while upping the level of dread considerably.

The new setting, moving beyond medieval fantasy, is now a nightmarish and even more depressing take on Victorian era Europe. The buildings and architecture are packed together while stretching far into the sky, carriages are strewn throughout the streets, and advanced mechanisms and clockwork technology power much of the city's infrastructure. Yharnam is dark, dank, and not a kind place to be in. But it also offers the most visually impressive and interesting places From Software has created yet. The power of the PS4 has put to great use here. This brief demo left me wanting to spend more time to explore the city, to see all the horror and madness that is waiting to come out.

Before our session began, we got the chance to choose between two different archetypes. The standard type utilizes the Saw Blade and Blunderbuss (as seen in the trailers and screenshots), while the heavy type uses an Axe and pistol combo. The ability to cover both distance and short-range combat is a blessing, and allows for some flexibility right out the game. With more focus on flexibility, this give players more options, allowing them to switch thing up on the fly.

Wanting players be more aggressive, From Software created a more agility focused combat system to put players on the offense. Shields and heavy armor are almost non-existent, so opting for a turtle fighting style is not really an option. When locking-on to an enemy, your dodge roll will turn into a dash maneuver, allowing you weave in and out of the fray with ease. If an enemy is about to attack, and you time dash right, your character will evade directly to the side or even behind the opponent, leaving him open to devastating damage.

The left-handed items now offer more usefulness during combat, and some of which can be used effectively in tandem with your melee attacks. The firearms play a large focus in combat, and while it may seem like they can make situations easy for players who want to stay at range, know that ammo is limited and scarce, which forces players to make smart use of their guns. If you have the blunderbuss equipped, you can bunch enemies together with your melee attacks and finish them off with a close-range shot. Pistols have greater range than the blunderbuss, but greatly lack the attack power.

Moreover, firearms can stun enemies and open up their defenses. Called the Counter-shot, when you shoot an enemy about to attack, you'll stun them and leave open to a devastating counter-attack. Think of this as Bloodborne's take on the parry, but it's way more brutal and satisfying to pull off.

To accommodate the more action oriented style, the controls have been altered slightly. The triangle button is now a dedicated healing button, which uses Blood Vials found throughout the city. Pressing L1 activates the weapon transformation, which alters the style of your right-handed weapon. For the Saw Blade, the blade extends out, giving you greater reach but slower attack speed and more stamina drain. For the Axe, the handle extends and changes the Axe into a Polearm weapon with greater reach. While one style is definitely more useful than the other, I found myself switching between the two in order to conserve stamina and maintain speed.

While the crazed individuals populating the city may seem like the mindless dreglings or the undead from previous Souls games, they're far more intelligent and cunning, but also surprisingly sympathetic. Though they were once normal people, they're still very much alive and can even communicate with the players. During several points in my session, some of the mad townsfolk shouted "Go Away!" as they charged at me with their weapons. This gave me some context to the situation, many acts of violence are because of the disease, which makes having to fight them somewhat conflicting.

Unfortunately, pity won't help you in your quest, and the diseased must be dealt. But they won't go quietly. They're far more intelligent and organized than common enemies, and they prefer to stay in numbers. In one of the more difficult parts of the demo, a courtyard filled with more than twelve townsfolk proved to be a challenge to get through. Five of them patrolled the alleyway near the courtyard in a pack, which forced me to take the stairs off to the side. Once I got the high ground, I was ambushed by two riflemen, which alerted the townsfolk on the ground.

Just when I was feeling pretty confident in my abilities (the true Souls curse), this situation put me on the ropes. I had to make several retreats, using several Blood Vials in the process, but eventually I cleared the group and proceeded to the upper levels of the city. While clearing through packs of large crippled crows, and a hulking behemoth wielding a cinder block, I eventually met my end at the hands of two werewolves guarding the way to the boss.

While my time with Bloodborne was brief, I found a lot to like about my trek through a Souls game set in a Victorian era nightmare. Bloodborne's environments are both haunting and exciting. I'm curious to see what this game has in store for us. While many of the Souls staple oddities are still intact, like the crazy ragdoll for instance, breakable objects are oddly not. While things in the environment are breakable, smaller objects could not be broken for materials like in previous games (chairs, carriages, crates, etc). While it is not a deal breaker, it is a bit weird to say the least.

It's very surprising to see how close the release date is. With an expected launch sometime in Q1 2015, we can explore the world of Bloodborne sooner than we think. With that said, Sony is still keeping things tightly underwraps, as we're still in the dark about many details. But that's likely for the best because if the full game is anything like what I played, then it's best that we all go in not knowing what will come next.
[/customspoiler]

Bloodborne's health regaining system detailed

A new system for upcoming From Software PS4 title Bloodborne was revealed at gamescom today in a behind-closed-doors meeting. It's called the Regain System, and it lets you recover health after taking a hit.

It's not as easy as it sounds to get your health back, though.

It aims to draw the player into combat, into a kind of exchange of deadly blows. It was designed to add to the emphasis that every encounter is a life or death situation.

When you take a hit, you lose a portion of your health bar. You have a limited time afterwards to regain that health back. Within that limited time, if you get your hit in on the enemy, you get your health back.

While it sounds like a highly offensive game, it's kind of like having a sword and shield, says the game's producer. While you have the opportunity to gain your health back, you have to determine at every encounter if you want to go for getting your health back. The situation, like number of enemies or location, and your equipment load out, will determine how successful you'll be in a Regain attempt.

Bloodborne's HUD has dedicated healing items in their own slot

As with the Souls series games, you have two slots to put your items in. In Bloodborne, they're set for your weapon and firearm. But now there's a healing items icon off to the right, next to the bars -- a dedicated spot.

With the previous Souls games you had slots you could use to put any item in. But most would put health items in there to deal with the franchise's incredible difficulty. Now they're separated, which is why you'll see the health vial with a number on it within the HUD.

Show Floor off-screen gameplay. Bear in mind Youtube's quality has been absolutely horrible and the resolution of the video is capped at 360p but it's still nice to see the game in action. I have to say you can definitely pick up a lot of the Dark Souls vibe based of the movements and actions alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRjCbboq-10

Cool that Sony announced the game will be out by mid February rather than the end of March, I just hope they choose sometime in January as February is pretty dense right now.

this game for some reason reminds me of van helsing, if there were ever a good game made about it

The official Japanese website for Bloodborne has been updated with more info. -src

Regain System

Sometimes the best defense happens to be a good offense. In the event that you manage to get hit by an enemy attack and take damage, if you manage to strike back within a limited time window, you can get a morsel of your lost health back. This new Regain system introduces a strategic twist to defense that makes fighting to the death an ever-tempting proposition.

Weapons

Saw: The Saw is one of the Hunters’ iconic weapons. Boasting transformitive capabilities, it can either function as a standard saw that’s good for hacking away at beasts or can switch into a longer-handled form where centrifugal force is used to a deadly advantage.

Hunter’s Axe: This curve-handled weapon is another of the Hunters’ emblematic tools of the trade. The ability to extend its handle out allows the Hunters to be able to respond to situation changes on the fly while still retaining the Axe’s primary functions. Although it’s heavier than the Saw, it’s also better for getting health back through the Regain system. Some Hunters make the axe their weapon of choice because it allows them to act as an executioner, even if their targets are already no longer human.

Hunter’s Rifle: A common gun to find among Hunters, the rifle fires out scatter shots. Often used as a means of dealing with swift-moving beasts, its scatter bullets make it highly effective at hitting targets with ease.

Areas

Cathedral District: Separated from the rest of Yharnam by hills, the Cathedral District is home to a medical organization that presides over the city’s unique “Blood Treatments.” As the name implies, it also has an old cathedral that still stands tall and proud in these tough times.

Hemwick Cemetery District: As one would expect for a place like Yharnam, the city has a large allocation of land dedicated to its graveyard. With large and small graves alike lined up haphazardly, the Cemetery District is an ominous and gloomy place. Compared to the main city proper, it’s one of the poorer areas to be visited, as well as less cultured all around. Few people wander around here today, leaving one to wonder just what exactly is lurking around there.
Characters

Major Character

Hunter Gascoigne: Gascoigne is a blood-soaked hunter who stands alone in a part of the graveyard where ashes flutter about. Aside from the fact that he fact that he’s veteran soldier, little else is known about him.

Malformed Beast

Clergy Beast: Even by beast standards, the Clergy Beast is a conspicuously huge creature. Sporting hideous horns, it lets out shrieks that sound like cries of agony. Although its body looks so malnourished that its ribs poke out and its remaining muscles are thin strings that cling onto its bones, it’s in actuality an extremely strong fighter. Rumor has it that this beast above all others is the one that Yharnam’s clergy fear above all else, hence its name, although the truth of its human origins remains foggy.

Other Characters

Hunting Horde: A mob of people ravaged by the disease, they fervently continue their hunting duties unaware of the transformation their own bodies are undergoing. Their eyes may very well see people as being beasts themselves….

Wheelchair Horde: Among the standard members of the Hunting Horde are a handful of elderly people confined to wheelchairs. Their sight is a common one in Yharnam in this day and age, particularly with respect to wealthy elderly people. Many of them cling desperately to their guns for self-defense, their memories of tragedy still vivid. For them, their guns are the only things they have to protect themselves from the beasts, as well as their one way of turning violent in general.

Carrion Crows: The Carrion Crows are those who are content to eat meat off the corpses of humans. In Yharnam where dead bodies are plentiful, these crows get so fat from their meals that they become unable to fly. Nevertheless, their attacks aren’t to be taken lightly. Sensitive to the scent of blood, they’re known for attacking their fair share of people who get senselessly close to them, most likely because the flesh of the living can turn dead soon enough if they have their way.

I played the demo a couple of weeks back during the Festigame Event in Chile, it looks amazing. Too bad the demo was too short : /

"The release date for the terrifying spiritual successor of  the Souls series has been revealed as February 5th.

A special edition will also be released, including a soundtrack and an artbook. Pre-orders will open from today at 5 PM, even if it wasn’t specified if this is just for the Japanese market." -src
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqCOYxAuIcM

Here’s PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne’s Lovely Limited Edition with Artbook and Soundtrack

"Today Sony Computer Entertainment announced the Japanese release date of Bloodborne for February 5th, 2015, and they also mentioned that a first limited edition will be released in Japan.

The package will be available to those who will pre-order the game early (until supplies last), and will be provided at no additional cost.

It will come with an artbook promising to give an in-depth view on Bloodborne’s world and a download code which will grant access to a mini-sountrack with three songs, including the main theme.

Below you can check out the pictures sent by Sony, while for now we have no information if an equivalent offer will be made for the west."

2cp2cnn.jpg

[customspoiler='Up close']
znt1ua.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Looks like they are rolling out Alpha invites!

I am super jealous

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/16/bloodborne-alpha-test-invitations-rolling-out

They say it looks like those who have Platinumed a Souls game in the past are getting them. Which sucks for me because I have gotten every game on release but never ended up getting the Plat on Demons Souls and then both Dark Souls I bought on the 360... : (

Hopefully at least a CAG or two get in on this! I know I was excited beyond belief to finally jump into the Dark Souls 2 testing

How to Apply for Bloodborne PS4 Alpha Test

Sony has begun sending invites to select PSN members in order to enroll for the Bloodborne Alpha Test. But apparently anyone with a PSN account can apply for access. If you receive an invitation is not guaranteed.

Follow the next steps to enroll for the Alpha:

Follow this link: https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/Bloodborne/enroll.php
Login with your PSN account.
That’s it! If you are selected you will be contacted soon by Sony. Good luck!

Source: NeoGAF

==================

Hopefully at least a CAG or two get in on this! I know I was excited beyond belief to finally jump into the Dark Souls 2 testing
I got one. :wave:

How to Apply for Bloodborne PS4 Alpha Test

Sony has begun sending invites to select PSN members in order to enroll for the Bloodborne Alpha Test. But apparently anyone with a PSN account can apply for access. If you receive an invitation is not guaranteed.

Follow the next steps to enroll for the Alpha:

Follow this link: https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/Bloodborne/enroll.php
Login with your PSN account.
That’s it! If you are selected you will be contacted soon by Sony. Good luck!

Source: NeoGAF

==================

I got one. :wave:
I think I love you

Bloodborne western release date confirmed, collector edition revealed

Bloodborne’s Japanese release date was confirmed several weeks ago, but now its western release date has been confirmed, too. It’ll launch on February 6, 2015.

The Collector’s Edition is admittedly modest compared to many of Sony’s triple-A, first party special editions. The Bloodborne Collector’s Edition includes a steelbook game case, an art book, and a digital soundtrack. It’ll cost $79.99, and can be pre-ordered now.

bloodborne-collectors-edition.jpg

Bloodborne™ Official TGS Gameplay Trailer 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5o8jwqKsDE

Bloodborne is definitely my most anticipated game for next year. :drool:

ilsNB8vHZwEFr.gif

Also, anyone else feel like Sony should push back The Order a bit so two big exclusives dont release in the same month? Febuary is pretty stacked with other games as well, I think a late March or early April release would be perfect.

Bloodborne is definitely my most anticipated game for next year. :drool:

ilsNB8vHZwEFr.gif

Also, anyone else feel like Sony should push back The Order a bit so two big exclusives dont release in the same month? Febuary is pretty stacked with other games as well, I think a late March or early April release would be perfect.
the orders been pushed back enough, if they push one back, let it be bloodborne imo

the orders been pushed back enough, if they push one back, let it be bloodborne imo
I was actually surprised at the February 6th release date for Bloodborne. I thought I read somewhere that March 31st was the confirmed date.

PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne’s Alpha Test Dated and Detailed; Will Have Multiplayer – Figurine Announced

The upcoming PS4 exclusive Bloodborne will have an alpha test in Japan quite soon, and today Sony Computer Entertainment gave more information on dates and how to apply.

According to the announcement, the purpose of the alpha test is to check the load on the game’s servers and to test the online multiplayer features in a variety of network environments.

All PlayStation Plus members with a Japanese account are eligible, but won’t be invited automatically. In order to grab an spot, you will have to get an “entry ticket” from the PSN store between September 24th and September 28th. A mail will be sent to those selected for the test.

The alpha test will be conducted in three brief phases (all times are local for Japan):

October 1st: 8 PM to 11 PM.
October 3rd: 8 PM to 11 PM.
October 5th: 8 PM to 11 PM.

During all three dates the content tested will be the same. Those that will be selected will be able to take part in all of the phases.

An online questionnaire will be made available to everyone after the beginning of the test.
While most of us won’t be able to participate due to the Japanese PlayStation Plus requirement, this means that we’re probably going to get detailed information about the mysterious online modes quite soon.

In addition to the alpha details, Sony also announced something definitely spiffy: The Japanese figurine manufacturers Gecco and Mamegyorai will collaborate to create a collectible statue of Bloodborne’s hero.

In the picture below you can see just a small teaser prototype featuring the character’s saw-cleaver, but the figure will feature the full body of the hunter in 1/6 scale.

[customspoiler='Saw-cleaver prototype']
BloodborneStatue.jpg
[/customspoiler]

My Bloodborne Alpha invite (NA) arrived in my inbox so looks like others are starting to get them too. Downloaded Alpha to PS4 (4.2GB) :). Anyway, here is a part of the email.

The wait is almost over. The Bloodborne Alpha Test is upon us. Starting October 1, you will be one of the first to experience some of Bloodborne's online features.

The Bloodborne Alpha Test will be conducted this week during specific time windows (see below). Prepare to enter the world of Bloodborne by checking your PlayStation 4 messages for a direct download link from PlayStation Network.

Even after you download the Alpha Test, please note that you will not be able to play until the online servers are turned on.

Servers will be running 5-8 PM PST (8-11 PM EST) on October 1, October 3, and October 5. The alpha test will not be playable outside of these time slots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaKqURfdPQE

bread's done
Back