Sonic Lost World $29.99 on Wii U, $19.99 on 3DS (Amazon)

I did PM the Wii U version at Target. Paid $16, got $22 at Best Buy. I really wish they didn't reject me yesterday, because it has me afraid to try again (in case the one employee warned the others about me). I intended to get another copy for keeps later on...oh, well.

For a relative newbie to CAGing the retail space, how exactly does one go about PMing a $29.99 game at Target and paying $16 for it? I'm quite interested in getting the 3DS version, but $20 is still a bit much for me, so if I can get even some of that kind of discount, I might be interested.

For a relative newbie to CAGing the retail space, how exactly does one go about PMing a $29.99 game at Target and paying $16 for it? I'm quite interested in getting the 3DS version, but $20 is still a bit much for me, so if I can get even some of that kind of discount, I might be interested.
Think it's from the Target ad. Pre order any game for $1 and save $15 on any game $39.99 or higher. PM makes it 29.99 and $15 off is close enough to 16 with tax and shit. Shouldn't work for most people though. Not sure if that's what he was talking about.

Target is running a special with its preorder cards, knocking $15 off when you buy a game $39.95 and up. The pm will bring it below that, but it will still work, if the employee lets you get away with it. You're not suppose to be able to pm and get the discount, so your ability to do it depends on how little the employee pays attention

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic Lost World is $35 digitally. If you have some eShop cards from the 20% off bestbuy offer and have the 5% digital promotion, you can make a decent discount.

I really thought this game would've hit $20 by now.  I feel $30 is too much... on the other hand, it'd be nice to have something (besides MK8) to play on WiiU..... but then again even though the game looks phenomenal it controls like shit..... I just don't know :(

As they mentioned: Price matched Amazon to $29.99, then got $15 off with the pre-order promotion. The pre-order card is $1, so $29.99 - $15 = $14.99 + $1 = $15.99.

I really thought this game would've hit $20 by now. I feel $30 is too much... on the other hand, it'd be nice to have something (besides MK8) to play on WiiU..... but then again even though the game looks phenomenal it controls like shit..... I just don't know :(
Yeah, I tried the demo at Target last night (went trying to get deals). It's a pretty awkward game. How long until Sonic Boom?

bread's done
Back