Mario Kart 8 = $48.80 at Walmart (Amazon pm'd)

I REALLY want to try to get Target to do this for me, but I might have to wait a day or two--I'm sure they're all looking for me at this point. I might send my cousin in to try or something (he has Target credit I could give him cash for, if it works). The question is whether or not I'd keep the game, if I got it. I might just get it for $35, get the promo game, trade it in at Best Buy for $44, then buy it with GCU for $48 and get a second downloadable game (solves my Pikmin/Zelda dilemma).

I REALLY want to try to get Target to do this for me, but I might have to wait a day or two--I'm sure they're all looking for me at this point. I might send my cousin in to try or something (he has Target credit I could give him cash for, if it works). The question is whether or not I'd keep the game, if I got it. I might just get it for $35, get the promo game, trade it in at Best Buy for $44, then buy it with GCU for $48 and get a second downloadable game (solves my Pikmin/Zelda dilemma).
I asked this before in another thread, but forgot the answer: Are you able to redeem multiple promo games using multiple copies of MK8 on one Nintendo account?

I asked this before in another thread, but forgot the answer: Are you able to redeem multiple promo games using multiple copies of MK8 on one Nintendo account?
People say it can be done, but requires an awkward family account creation process that I totally consider worth a free video game.

I wouldn't wait, the last sale ended in an hour

Just got back from Target and managed to successfully get it for $37.19 after sales tax. Thanks for saving me money as always, CAGs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a copy!

Had almost $30 in Amazon Credit sitting in my account for a month now. Spent $23.16 out of pocket.

Thank you so much TC. Had my eye on this game since Day 1 and I'm glad I waited!

I may have to try at Target since it's better.  But does Best Buy GCU work after the price match?  Still cheaper at Target but thinking of plan B if fail at Target.

I may have to try at Target since it's better. But does Best Buy GCU work after the price match? Still cheaper at Target but thinking of plan B if fail at Target.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it does.

Some time ago I tried to PM Wii U ESPN Sports Connection for $30 and have it stack with a Gamer's Club $30 off coupon. The Computer (YMMV?) wouldn't accept both discounts.

I may have to try at Target since it's better. But does Best Buy GCU work after the price match? Still cheaper at Target but thinking of plan B if fail at Target.
no it doesnt it either price match price or standard price plus GCU discount one or the other not both.

Going to have my cousin be the drug mule to scout Target today. I'm going to have him check who is working there, and if it's not the same person who denied me yesterday, I'm going to have him try to use his credit to get this for $35, then give him cash (he doesn't want to buy form Target). Going to shower and head out in a few, wish me luck.

If this fails, I preemptively offer my sincerest congratulations and bitter jealousy to the winners of this lottery.

Going to have my cousin be the drug mule to scout Target today. I'm going to have him check who is working there, and if it's not the same person who denied me yesterday, I'm going to have him try to use his credit to get this for $35, then give him cash (he doesn't want to buy form Target). Going to shower and head out in a few, wish me luck.

If this fails, I preemptively offer my sincerest congratulations and bitter jealousy to the winners of this lottery.
MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!

I don't have a wii u yet but if I buy this can I still get the free game or does a wii u need to be registered on my club Nintendo?

My cousin bailed and wouldn't do it for me. I still might go back and try myself, as the CS rep there let me do it a couple of days ago.

sweet deal.

plan on buying a used Wii U..

is there anything i should be checking for specifically?

also if the console was previously registered, does that have any major implication for me? (i cant register for club nintendo points?? etc.)

i would like to be able to get the free game from MK8 but dont know if this would affect me

Yes, I did it this morning. Had another copy of MK8, just made another account under the main account and then registered the game, got a popup for the free game soon after. And the nice thing is you can access the games downloaded from any account, so its not like u have to log into the separate Mii account to play each game.

Now this is a steal when you factor in the free game download. My 2-week patience paid off. Though I hate PM'ing at the Target nearest me since they always act like I've stolen something but whatever. Thanks OP.

Yes, I did it this morning. Had another copy of MK8, just made another account under the main account and then registered the game, got a popup for the free game soon after. And the nice thing is you can access the games downloaded from any account, so its not like u have to log into the separate Mii account to play each game.
Did you create a new Club Nintendo account and/or user account on the Wii U?

Now this is a steal when you factor in the free game download. My 2-week patience paid off. Though I hate PM'ing at the Target nearest me since they always act like I've stolen something but whatever. Thanks OP.

Well considering Target's price match policy clearly states you aren't supposed to combine price matches with pre order promos, you might get the same look again :) Good luck though

here the detailed info page: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7127/~/club-nintendo-mario-kart-8-free-game-offer-faq

1. If I register multiple Mario Kart 8 games to the same Club Nintendo account, will I get a free download code for each of these games?
    No. Only one copy of the game can be registered to a Club Nintendo account, so each account can only qualify for one free download code.
    However, multiple members of a Family Account can each register Mario Kart 8 to their individual Club Nintendo account. In that case, each person that registers their copy of the game will qualify to receive a free download code.

But when you add it to the 2nd account on the family account DO NOT ADD IT TO A CHILD ACCOUNT. Cause if you do that it will not let you redeem it since child accounts cant redeem club nintendo items. If you add it to a child account it will accept the code but then say cant redeem and then you are stuck back and forth with nintendo support for a few days since the code will be used but the game code unredeemable. So make sure you add it to a 2nd Adult sub account in the family account.

[quote name="Ashlla" post="11835611" timestamp="1402538048"]37 bucks total at target with the 15 off with a $1 preorder, thanks cag[/quote]

Excuse me, did you do it at the same time? Buy both Mario kart and the preorder cart?

here the detailed info page: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7127/~/club-nintendo-mario-kart-8-free-game-offer-faq

1. If I register multiple Mario Kart 8 games to the same Club Nintendo account, will I get a free download code for each of these games?
    No. Only one copy of the game can be registered to a Club Nintendo account, so each account can only qualify for one free download code.
    However, multiple members of a Family Account can each register Mario Kart 8 to their individual Club Nintendo account. In that case, each person that registers their copy of the game will qualify to receive a free download code.

But when you add it to the 2nd account on the family account DO NOT ADD IT TO A CHILD ACCOUNT. Cause if you do that it will not let you redeem it since child accounts cant redeem club nintendo items. If you add it to a child account it will accept the code but then say cant redeem and then you are stuck back and forth with nintendo support for a few days since the code will be used but the game code unredeemable. So make sure you add it to a 2nd Adult sub account in the family account.
So if I create a second Club Nintendo account on my family account for my brother (3 years younger than I am), he can just log in, redeem the second code, and choose the second game? Is there anything special I need to do when redeeming both game codes on the Wii U?

So if I create a second Club Nintendo account on my family account for my brother (3 years younger than I am), he can just log in, redeem the second code, and choose the second game? Is there anything special I need to do when redeeming both game codes on the Wii U?
heh.. in the same boat as you :dunce:

Anyone?

Someone with experience will have to answer for sure, but the way I understand it is that you need to have him added to your main account as a family member (not a child, as child accounts can't redeem stuff). THEN have him redeem it, and you should have access as well.

But like I said, might get a for-sure answer from those who actually did it already (I might in a week or two).

Someone with experience will have to answer for sure, but the way I understand it is that you need to have him added to your main account as a family member (not a child, as child accounts can't redeem stuff). THEN have him redeem it, and you should have access as well.

But like I said, might get a for-sure answer from those who actually did it already (I might in a week or two).
I just clicked "Add" next to the Family Members heading to create his account, and I didn't see anything indicating that it could be designated as a child account; is there somewhere I can check to verify that it isn't a child account?

I did both. Created a New Mii and then a new Club Nintendo account UNDER my already open Club Nintendo. You're just adding to your "family" i created an account under my fiances name. But all you really need is a "name" and a working email address. Its under Account and Coins right by your coin total on the main page once your logged in. After clicking that theres a box on the right side that has a +ADD sign by Family Members, add the person under their and register the MK8.

bread's done
Back