(Expires 6/30) FOXConnect 40% Off All Purchases Up to $100(YMMV)

thelaughingmann

CAGiversary!
Use code "APOLOGY" to get 40% off.

Update (as of 9AM EST 6/12): This has been FIXED. Refer to MochaRAF's post down below on Page 1 for particulars. Instead of a 40% off coupon, they are now doing automatic 50% off of all items (including Cosmos: ASO and X-Men DoFP on Blu). Verified as of Friday morning (mainly because I spent $29 to get all 4 releases of Archer on DVD with Free shipping).

Update 2 (as of 3PM EST 6/12): Codes and discounts may have been discontinued at this point. If you want to try it and verify, please let us know.

Update 3 (as of 12PM EST 6/12): Reports are coming in from posts that APOLOGY is still working for 40% off. The automatic 50% discount on Friday morning seems to have stopped, but you can still nab 40% off with coupons. YMMV heavily on Cosmos and DoFP, so if you want to try it, make sure that before the order is finalized that the 40% off is processing.

Update 4 (as of 2PM EST 6/14): BlackTrinary gets credit for clarification of the current coupon. It has EXPIRATION DATE OF 6/30 and is for 40% off still!

Update Final (as of 9AM EST 6/15): The APOLOGY coupon is VERY YMMV. Future, unplaced pre-orders for X-Men: DOFP and Cosmos have been removed from applying for the code and various others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!  I'll have to check this out, I got a few good 3d titles last time they did this.

why is the code "Apology"?  Was there a bunch of screwed up or cancelled orders recently?

Nice! I'll have to check this out, I got a few good 3d titles last time they did this.

why is the code "Apology"? Was there a bunch of screwed up or cancelled orders recently?
Yes, there was a price mistake recently. It was UA 90th Anniversary Prestige Collection for $14. Too bad you miss out. Then again they were all cancelled. So you alright.

Odds. Is there a sale going on with television series right now? I've Added a couple in my cart and it automatically took half off the price. Code wasn't working with the shows in my cart either.

I just purchased Avatar 3D and Rio 2 3D for $28.99 without any coupon. Im not sure how but Im not complaining!

Odds. Is there a sale going on with television series right now? I've Added a couple in my cart and it automatically took half off the price. Code wasn't working with the shows in my cart either.
Same for me, coupon won't apply to any of my orders, but it seems the orders I have tried so far are having 50% automatically deducted from the order total. Decided to pick up Cosmos at $19.45, great deal.

Edit: It appears to also be taking off 50% off movie orders for me as well, have already tested with three different movies and all automatically subtract half of the total from the order.

Also ended up pre-ordering Rio 2 3D for $15.95 and X-Men for $12.99. For those that are automatically getting 50% off everything, it appears you can keep repeating the process by logging out, adding the items you want to your cart, and logging back in. Although if you log back in, make sure to verify the grand total at the end of the checkout process, as FoxConnect.com has a habit of removing the discount during the part where you enter your credit card if that is what you chose to pay with. One way to prevent FoxConnect.com from removing the discount is making sure the combined original total is over $100, or alternatively you can checkout as a guest.

Same for me, coupon won't apply to any of my orders, but it seems the orders I have tried so far are having 50% automatically deducted from the order total. Decided to pick up Cosmos at $19.45, great deal.

Edit: It appears to also be taking off 50% off movie orders for me as well, have already tested with three different movies and all automatically subtract half of the total from the order.

Also ended up pre-ordering Rio 2 3D for $15.95 and X-Men for $12.99. For those that are automatically getting 50% off everything, it appears you can keep repeating the process by logging out, adding the items you want to your cart, and logging back in. Although if you log back in, make sure to verify the grand total at the end of the checkout process, as FoxConnect.com has a habit of removing the discount during the part where you enter your credit card if that is what you chose to pay with. One way to prevent FoxConnect.com from removing the discount is making sure the combined original total is over $100, or alternatively you can checkout as a guest.
Verified. Somehow, the coupon's doing 50% off as of Friday morning. DoFP for $13 is definitely a must-buy. And the updated total for the staple X-Men movies, sans Wolverine and Origins Wolverine, comes out to $45 overall for Blu's, DVD's, and UV's.

I might also add...some hidden gems in this sale is Futurama Complete Series for $65 (various volumes and movies separate are $5 to $6.50), Archer Seasons 1 and 2 and 3 for $19.50 DVD/$29.50 Blu (Season 4 is listed as "The Archer" (narf), but it is $9.50 DVD/$13 Blu), Buffy Complete Series for $65 (Angel is most likely the same), Burn Notice Complete Series for $48.50, Cosmos is $16 DVD/$19.50 Blu, Firefly Complete Series for $6.50 DVD/$9.50 Blu, Dollhouse Complete Series (Seasons 1 and 2 separate) for $13 DVD/$19 Blu, Homeland Seasons 1 and 2 are $13 DVD/$16 Blu, Modern Family Seasons 1 thru 4 are $8.50 apiece, Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1 thru 5 are $13 DVD/$16 Blu, White Collar, Wilfred, X-Files...so if you have cash to burn and want to get some business out of FOX Connect, by all means. Best weekend sale they may ever have for a while cause of this!

Was on the fence about X-Men, but I couldn't resist getting all 4 seasons of Archer on DVD for under $30 total (and free shipping!) I thought Best Buy selling them for $10 on 1 thru 3 was a good deal months ago...  :D/  :shipfree:  :bow:  :rofl:  :bouncy:  :whee:  :lol:  :applause:

Just a friendly reminder, if people are pre-ordering movies using the 50% off glitch I would highly recommend making separate transactions for those orders. FoxConnect will not ship items individually, but instead waits until all products in the order are ready to be shipped. Seeing how someone mentioned that the coupon code "Apology" was because of a recent screw up where a lot of orders were cancelled, it is probably not a wise idea to place a pre-order with items that are ready to be shipped now as it only gives them more time to cancel the order.

And once again just to do a quick re-cap, the 50% off seems to only apply to an order if you add the items to your cart as a guest. Once you have all the desired items added to the cart you can log into your account during the checkout process. However, I highly recommend that you at least spend over $50 ($100+ list price) if you are going to do this multiple times, as it may remove your discount during the final step in the checkout process. As mentioned before, alternatively you may also checkout as a guest unlimited amount of times using the exact same information as your registered account.

OP, it would be great if we could add the 50% off discount to the title. If you do, you may want to add YMMV for the time being until we can get a lot more people to verify that this system glitch works for them as well.

Just a friendly reminder, if people are pre-ordering movies using the 50% off glitch I would highly recommend making separate transactions for those orders. FoxConnect will not ship items individually, but instead waits until all products in the order are ready to be shipped. Seeing how someone mentioned that the coupon code "Apology" was because of a recent screw up where a lot of orders were cancelled, it is probably not a wise idea to place a pre-order with items that are ready to be shipped now as it only gives them more time to cancel the order.

And once again just to do a quick re-cap, the 50% off seems to only apply to an order if you add the items to your cart as a guest. Once you have all the desired items added to the cart you can log into your account during the checkout process. However, I highly recommend that you at least spend over $50 ($100+ list price) if you are going to do this multiple times, as it may remove your discount during the final step in the checkout process. As mentioned before, alternatively you may also checkout as a guest unlimited amount of times using the exact same information as your registered account.

OP, it would be great if we could add the 50% off discount to the title. If you do, you may want to add YMMV for the time being until we can get a lot more people to verify that this system glitch works for them as well.
Updated. Only now found out about the Full Editor allowing title changes.

Updated. Only now found out about the Full Editor allowing title changes.
Also probably a good idea to include the description of how to get the 50% off in your original post, otherwise people might think it was just a typo since the original post only talks about the 40% off "Apology" coupon.

Lastly, thanks for the heads up with the coupon, as it it wasn't for your post we may not have found out about the system error in the first place.

Also probably a good idea to include the description of how to get the 50% off in your original post, otherwise people might think it was just a typo since the original post only talks about the 40% off "Apology" coupon.

Lastly, thanks for the heads up with the coupon, as it it wasn't for your post we may not have found out about the system error in the first place.
Updated OP in bold to state automatic 50% off and to refer to your first post on Page 1. And I found out about the coupon through RetailMeNot, so I have to give them some props. Basically went to the site, used it to get some X-Men discounts, added DoFP to order by accident, and that's when I realized the discounts were off. Messing with it a little, that's when I found no matter which random item I picked, the coupon took. Now, we're getting an even better deal.

It's not doing 50% consistently.

In my cart is the following:

Sons of Anarchy S5 BD

Cosmos BD

Bones S8 BD

Discount with the above cart is 40% off, as it's showing up as $38.79 off of $96.97.

If I remove Bones and add in a pre-order title like Rio 2 3D, as the following:

Sons of Anarchy S5 BD

Cosmos BD

Rio 2 3D

Discount with this second cart is $49.99 from $102.97, which is the max discount.    That's 50% off (48.5% off of the total over $100), though it may be only that a pre-order gives you the 50% discount from your cart.

If I add Rio 2 3D to the first three items in my first cart, the discount jumps up to $50 off $128.96, or at 38.77% off.

It's not doing 50% consistently.

In my cart is the following:
Sons of Anarchy S5 BD
Cosmos BD
Bones S8 BD

Discount with the above cart is 40% off, as it's showing up as $38.79 off of $96.97.

If I remove Bones and add in a pre-order title like Rio 2 3D, as the following:
Sons of Anarchy S5 BD
Cosmos BD
Rio 2 3D

Discount with this second cart is $49.99 from $102.97, which is the max discount. That's 50% off (48.5% off of the total over $100), though it may be only that a pre-order gives you the 50% discount from your cart.

If I add Rio 2 3D to the first three items in my first cart, the discount jumps up to $50 off $128.96, or at 38.77% off.
Not sure why it was giving you different percentages, but I made sure to separate my pre-order items and still got 50% off the other orders.

It appears that this is no longer working for, even as a guest. It seems they have caught on and fixed the system error. Is it still working for anyone else?

P.S. It seems the Father's Day coupon "Pop" still worked with the 50% off glitch, giving you an extra 50% off the already glitches price.. Ugh why didn't I google this earlier :/.

According to what I am currently reading over at the Blu-Ray.com forum, people are saying that the discount became even greater when exceeding $100 list price using the combined 50% off glitch and "Pop" coupon. I am seeing people post orders as low as $4-$8 paying price for things that are listed for well over $100. I was already worried about my orders being cancelled that are only 50% off, but with people picking up Blu-Rays worth $100+ for less than $10 is sure to get their attention.

Doesnt seem to work anymore. I logged in using my account. No automatic discount. Put in APOLOGY, nothing. Put in POP, nothing.

FYI, I added Rio 2 3D

I think they disabled both codes. I can't get anything to be marked down.

Probably just as well since BestBuy or Target will likely get a Steelbook version in of DoFP. There wasn't much else of interest either.

Not sure why it was giving you different percentages, but I made sure to separate my pre-order items and still got 50% off the other orders.

It appears that this is no longer working for, even as a guest. It seems they have caught on and fixed the system error. Is it still working for anyone else?

P.S. It seems the Father's Day coupon "Pop" still worked with the 50% off glitch, giving you an extra 50% off the already glitches price.. Ugh why didn't I google this earlier :/.

According to what I am currently reading over at the Blu-Ray.com forum, people are saying that the discount became even greater when exceeding $100 list price using the combined 50% off glitch and "Pop" coupon. I am seeing people post orders as low as $4-$8 paying price for things that are listed for well over $100. I was already worried about my orders being cancelled that are only 50% off, but with people picking up Blu-Rays worth $100+ for less than $10 is sure to get their attention.
I had the John Wayne, Robocop, and Die Hard collections in my cart and it was coming up as $1.98 with the POP code. Couldn't manage to check out on my phone at work, though. They killed it shortly after that.

Damn it. Was going to buy stuff when I got paid tomorrow
Only time will tell if you missed out on a deal, as I have been reading about a whole bunch of people placing orders well worth $100+ for less than $10. Would be rather astonished as well as quite surprised if they don't cancel those orders, ours may end up becoming collateral damage along the way.

Less then $10? How is that even possible if it only took 50% off?
It's pretty weird with the glitches. It's something like this. First It take 50% off everything. If you choose the Father's day selection movies and enter the code "pop", it will take additional 50% off of the 50%. On top of that. If you purchase over $100 of the original price it will total the difference. For example. If you buy $110. The total will be $110 - $100= $10. That's not all, for some strange glitches, if you mix and match certain movies it will discount further more from supposedly $10 total to $3, $5 etc... That's how some people got bunch movies for $1, $3, ...etc. Yeah pretty insane.

Less then $10? How is that even possible if it only took 50% off?
I think it was taking 100% off up to $100 instead of 50% off up to $100 or whatever the intended sale is. At least that's what my cart showed. It was supposed to be $101.98 instead of $1.98

The system wide glitch that automatically took 50% off was combined with the coupon code "Pop", which took 50% off select boxed items. If you added a bunch of stuff to your order and exceeded $100, the discount even became greater according to what these guys are saying. A few people reported paying as little as 0.48 USD for orders that exceeded $100 in list price, but the norm seems to be between $2-$10

Nvm it's working for me. I had an order over $100 so it wasn't applying. Hmmmm may still do this then. Bones San 8 and 4 seasons of Modern Family for a little over $50

As of 10 seconds ago the Apology Code is still taking 40% off. Though no automatic 50% off like yesterday. Again YMMV for how long it stays active.

In case anyone is wondering, my order that featured no pre-order items shipped today. I only had the 50% off glitch, I didn't have the double 50% off that people were able to take advantage of using the code "Pop". Makes me think that those people will most likely also have their orders honored.

Anyone know the time frame for the Apology code? Was it in an email or something? I won't lose any sleep if I can't get this deal, but if I can, that'd be pretty nice..

Anyone know the time frame for the Apology code? Was it in an email or something? I won't lose any sleep if I can't get this deal, but if I can, that'd be pretty nice..
I would say since most deals tend to time out by end of week, best to do this by the end of today.

This is the message from my email. I check today some movies no longer apply to the code such as Cosmos and The Grand Budapest Hotel. They worked before the "50% glitch day".

Dear Fox Connect Customer,

Thank you for your recent order of the United Artists 90th Anniversary Collection, but we’re afraid we have some bad news. Because of a technical malfunction, for a short time, FoxConnect.com incorrectly listed this box set for sale even though it is not available. We have not manufactured or sold this item in many years and have removed it from FoxConnect.com. We have gone ahead and cancelled your order for this item and of course you will not be charged for it. We strive to provide nothing but great shopping experiences on Fox Connect. With our sincere apologies, please accept the promo code below for 40% off your next order on Fox Connect valid through 6/30/14*.

PROMO CODE: APOLOGY

Please let us know if you have any comments or questions.

Sincerely,

Fox Connect Customer Service

This is the message from my email. I check today some movies no longer apply to the code such as Cosmos and The Grand Budapest Hotel. They worked before the "50% glitch day".

Dear Fox Connect Customer,

Thank you for your recent order of the United Artists 90th Anniversary Collection, but we’re afraid we have some bad news. Because of a technical malfunction, for a short time, FoxConnect.com incorrectly listed this box set for sale even though it is not available. We have not manufactured or sold this item in many years and have removed it from FoxConnect.com. We have gone ahead and cancelled your order for this item and of course you will not be charged for it. We strive to provide nothing but great shopping experiences on Fox Connect. With our sincere apologies, please accept the promo code below for 40% off your next order on Fox Connect valid through 6/30/14*.

PROMO CODE: APOLOGY

Please let us know if you have any comments or questions.

Sincerely,

Fox Connect Customer Service
Thanks for the email copy. Updating OP with credit to your contribution.

Does it work on Cosmos or any other items?
Many of the items have been removed from the "APOLOGY" list. Few I randomly tried that still work are Planet of the Apes Legacy Collection w/ Movie Money, Dom Hemingway, Oculus, and The Fly. Hopefully they'll put all the items back on the list.

bread's done
Back