* * * * * 11 votes

Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

#4471 Sinfulfate   The Podfather CAGiversary!   1224 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

I just picked this up on PS4 and could use some friends to play with. I just started this week so I'm only level 21. PSN tag is Sinfulfate. 

#4472 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

I might take one of each...I've had most already but sharded it to upgrade other stuff or it was the old version. Red death for every toon and suros to the vault for me :)

#4473 Revanchist   Revan CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

I ventured into the sunless abyss. The ground felt even wetter and slimier than I last remembered. It had been a path I walked far too many times to count. Crota stood there waiting like before...did he recognize me from before? With sword in hand, I leaped far into the air behind a volley of rockets. The sword slammed into a kneeling crota and before he burst into pieces, he looked at me and a low grumble soon became a loud screech emitted from his body.

Crota burst into brilliant pieces of light and I heard the shrills of the rookie crew members. In my heart I knew what had just happen, I was once like them, filled with awe and wonderment...but times have changed. I stared at the 2 radiant balls slowly form in my hand. The rest of the fire team crowded around complementing each others new loot. My eyes focused on the black hammer being equipped by a sea rookie on his first outing into the abyss...

Another week had passed and I grow weary of this endless voyage...I had returned to the tower as I had left, empty handed. Perhaps I shall get the infamous beast on my next dive into the hell mouth. I hear an H-shaped structure is being constructed near the moon. They say it will be finished on the 24th of this month...maybe I will pay them a visit.

Loot this week: No Land Beyond (Sharded) and Patience and Time

#4474 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

Hit rank 25 today with new monarchy and no shader or ship yet. Also have another character at rank 10 with no shader or ship from new monarchy. Why do i even try? Im getting burnt out. Right now i never want to go back in crucible again. When its not as laggy its fun though, but when its really laggy its just a chore to finish bounties. I really cant believe how bad the lag is in this game.

#4475 io   ... Super Moderators   24779 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

I got the Bittersteel shader from Dead Orbit at tank 13 I believe. So far that's the only good thing I've gotten from any of the factions. I have 2 characters doing Dead Orbit and one doing FWC and they are all in the 10-15 range.

#4476 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:04 AM

Yeah i got bittersteel around rank 8, up to 30 with dead orbit and nothing else to show for it. FWC i got shaders around 18 and 20, but they were the same shader. New Monarchy, as ive said before, up to rank 25 and 10 with two characters and nothing. Just frustrating all the time and effort i put into doing these bounties to rank the factions up and getting garbage for all of it.

#4477 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:31 AM

So after getting the Ballerhorn, I decided to run a friend through CE and we managed to clear up TO the big "C" with no issue. Unfortunately, my friend needs some practice as sword carrier, so it ended up with me basically trying to solo it...

It was a mixed bag. We repeatedly got him to about 30% HP, but nearly EVERY TIME I went to down him Crota would back ALL THE WAY up to the rear of his platform, so I couldnt shoot him from the rocks, and it limited us to only one kneel/sword (which won't work).

*edit*

As of 8:48 PM PST, Crota just solo'd.

#4478 KingZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:19 AM

Tried to do full run CE HM but got into newbie group w no xp on Hard at all, one guy was 32 no mic, no sound, he didn't hear shit or so idk, then joined another group from Ir Yut: got Hawkmoon, then continue to Crota, idk we could easily down him w 2 swords but somehow the host just want to play safe, got helmet and shards no wep :( Gonna try get into CE HM group w both 31 Hunter and Warlock tomorrow, hope I can do full run. Actually full run CE is more fun than full VoG, I guess due to that long ass defend confluxes and oracles.

#4479 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:49 AM

Actually full run CE is more fun than full VoG, I guess due to that long ass defend confluxes and oracles.

I certainly appreciate the brisker pace in CE, the Conflux/Oracles section really feels like unnecessary padding. Maybe 2 phases of Confluxes, with some Oracles strewn about every so often would have been more fun/less tedious I think.

I still think VoG is a lot more well thought out than CE, and generally more interesting (blocking the teleport @ templar, the utility of the Relic, "exploration"/puzzles, etc).

#4480 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

Got on lfg for a group at hard Crota checkpoint to finish my game from yesterday. Finished Hard Crota, then we switched out for a full run. Then with some of the the same group did a VOG up to gatekeeper but the dudes I was playing with started goofing off on the jumping area exploring and shit. I think they were in highschool and were excited to be on spring break. It was getting super late and I was like guys lets get going and they just kept being all "dude look where I am!" So I bailed.

Got jack shit again. No exotics. 2 more fangs from crota no cruxes dropped. Played from like 10pm to 3am for pretty much nothing womp womp.

#4481 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

Hit rank 25 today with new monarchy and no shader or ship yet. Also have another character at rank 10 with no shader or ship from new monarchy. Why do i even try? Im getting burnt out. Right now i never want to go back in crucible again. When its not as laggy its fun though, but when its really laggy its just a chore to finish bounties. I really cant believe how bad the lag is in this game.

Yeah I can't believe you haven't been burned. I do just what's needed during the week and then back out; otherwise I would go insane :wall:

#4482 jhill9056   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   310 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

jhill9056

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

I was super excited to find out Xur's stock got changed and that he had Red Death for sale. However, now that I have it I really don't have many reasons to play anymore. I would like to finish my exotic collection, but I don't really care enough about doing so to want to continue to run everything every week praying for a Monte Carlo or 4th Horseman. The amount of time I spend in Destiny has been in a steady decline for a while now. With Red Death added to my collection that is only going to continue. It was the last exotic I really wanted.

#4483 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

Kind of a "no shit sherlock" statement but I really find taking a break for a few days helps rejuvenate my desire to play. I've been out of town since Thursday morning and I'm honestly kind of itching to play. I have the last step of the Thorn bounty to do and I need Xur for the Bad Juju bounty and I'm honestly looking forward to possibly getting the Iron Banner chest piece for my Warlock. (Hoping the glitch works but if not I guess I'll be playing more IB to get my rank back up.)

#4484 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

Oh man I gotta remember that so I can try and get the chest for my Titan...and whatever gun they sell if I dont have it.

I just was cleaning out my vault and sharded 3 extra fangs and 2 extra oversoul edicts...I had to double check I already had one on each character and I did. I get that scout rifle a lot.

Got my Warlock to 31 so now hopefully I can do hard crota x3 for that damn crux. 

#4485 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Why couldnt it be monte carlo! Still nice to get something good, and on top of an exotic i got a legendary engram. Wow. The engram just turned into regular legendary hunter gauntlets.

#4486 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:57 PM

Why couldnt it be monte carlo! Still nice to get something good, and on top of an exotic i got a legendary engram. Wow. The engram just turned into regular legendary hunter gauntlets.

Everyone on your team probably double hated you, lol.

#4487 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

Here is a video i made with 4 clips. 1st is a shoulder charge that sends me flying forward, 2nd I shoulder charge through a nova bomb to kill the guy, 3rd is a double down headshot with one sniper bullet, and last is something odd where the guy goes to titan smash and just falls over dead. LOL

#4488 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

That second clip is why I hate Titans so much.

#4489 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

I have one of each. Makes for more variety...also sometimes you think you are getting ready to smash the ground and instead you golden gun and die cause you forgot what character you were on.

#4490 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

I have one of each as well. I just hate Titans in PvP because of how many OHKOs they have. (3, where Warlocks and Hunters only one have 1, their supers.)

#4491 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

Yeah I had a higher kd ratio on my Titan for sure this last iron banner...going in this time with a new warlock so its going to suck.

#4492 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

I like using my titan the most in PVP, but the funny thing is ive gotten 33 kills with my hunter and warlock, and my titans most kills were 30. My hunter also has the highest score in a match out of the three. Gunslinger is a fun class, especially with the trip mine grenade. Just throw that thing on the wall behind enemies and boom they are dead. Was using it earlier with the lucky raspberry, so i get a nade every time i spawn.

I also noticed that i love the shotgun. I remember early into the game i hated them and wanted them to remove it. But now its my main weapon.

Hunter has 1,883 shotgun kills, next highest is auto rifle with only 556 kills in pvp

Titan has 1,240 shotgun kills, next highest is surprisingly a fusion rifle with 632 kills.

Warlock is my youngest, 826 shotgun kills, next highest weapon is sniper, 624 kills.

Honestly i dont even use primary weapons that much. I mostly just run around with my shotgun, if people are too far away i try to throw  a nade, or use shoulder charge/blink jump to close the gap. I do use Vex, Last word, Suros on occasion though. Since most of the sniper/shotguns i use arent exotic. Depends on if i want to use my Gjellyhorn or not i suppose. Right now my hunter has the Universal Remote, so i use that as my primary and a sniper as my special weapon. I tried to switch it up and use a shotgun as a special and No Land Beyond as my primary but that gun is hard to use in PVP. Half the time i think i got a head shot it wasnt.

#4493 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

I dunno but for me, at least, I feel like Hunters take the most skill to use mostly because of how squishy they are and how easy it is to kill them during their super/avoid their super entirely. Titans take the least skill due to their multiple OHKO options, their high armor and how hard it is to kill them during/avoid their FoH. Warlocks are a decent middle ground between the two. They can be spec'd for high agility or high armor. Nova bombers can be tough to kill and hard to avoid but not impossible. (Not as tough to kill/hard to avoid as FoH though.) Radiance on the other hand is closer to Golden Gun/Arc Blade where you can see it coming a mile away and can easily shut it down. Based off of all that I find them (Warlocks) the most fun class to use but Titans are a close second just because of how mind-numbingly easy it is to use them. (They really need to either take aim assist off of Shoulder Charge or reduce its damage output.) Hunters are just not fun in PvP at all. (Again, this is just my honest opinion.) The only time I can think of ever enjoying myself with the Hunter class is while using Gunslinger, having that fourth shot and running into a Defender Titan in his bubble at a control point. Fun times.

#4494 edogawa  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:33 AM

I dunno but for me, at least, I feel like Hunters take the most skill to use mostly because of how squishy they are and how easy it is to kill them during their super/avoid their super entirely. Titans take the least skill due to their multiple OHKO options, their high armor and how hard it is to kill them during/avoid their FoH. Warlocks are a decent middle ground between the two. They can be spec'd for high agility or high armor. Nova bombers can be tough to kill and hard to avoid but not impossible. (Not as tough to kill/hard to avoid as FoH though.) Radiance on the other hand is closer to Golden Gun/Arc Blade where you can see it coming a mile away and can easily shut it down. Based off of all that I find them (Warlocks) the most fun class to use but Titans are a close second just because of how mind-numbingly easy it is to use them. (They really need to either take aim assist off of Shoulder Charge or reduce its damage output.) Hunters are just not fun in PvP at all. (Again, this is just my honest opinion.) The only time I can think of ever enjoying myself with the Hunter class is while using Gunslinger, having that fourth shot and running into a Defender Titan in his bubble at a control point. Fun times.

You can build a Hunter to have just as much armor as a Titan. All the statistics show that Hunters consistently outperform both Warlocks and TItans in Crucible, which implies that your theory (Hunters take the most skill) isn't true. Hunter supers consistently get more kills than Warlock or Titan supers. It sounds like you just want to sound like you're a skilled player because youi play Hunter.

#4495 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:49 AM

LOL I hate using my Hunter. Ask anyone on here. Or, check my destiny status. ( http://destinystatus.com/psn/ArJay2k8 ) Look at my Hunter's PvP stats. See that giant 0? Yeah, he hasn't even touched PvP. Done? Ok, now go read my post again. I said Warlock is the most fun class to use in PvP, because, ya know, it's the class I use the most? (Re-check my status for PvP time played on each character to verify if you will.) I don't "sound" like anything. I'm an average, at best, player in PvP. (Pretty much a 1.0 K/D) I'm just giving my opinions on each class and how I feel about them in PvP. You're a funny dude, though.

I'm curious about these magical statistics. Can you post them? I want to read them.

EDIT: Oh and also, you seem to have missed my point entirely about Hunters, their armor and their squishyness. Even a Hunter will full armor can be killed during either GG or Arc Blade easily. It's not about their armor, it's about the way their supers are set up. Both Nova Bomb and FoH are practically instantaneous (With FoH being slightly more-so) and have decent size AoE's so it makes them very hard to avoid. GG and Arc Blade both have little start-up animations that you can see a mile away and can very easily be dodged and/or outrun. (Radiance also have a similar start-up animation which is why I compared it to the two in my post.)

EDIT 2: Also, keep in my mind with my characters, that Warlock is my third and the Hunter is my second. But, you know, if I loved playing as Hunter so much you'd think I would have already logged some PvP time with him by now wouldn't I? lol)

#4496 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

Its fun to kill reviving warlocks that revive right in front of your heavy machine gun that you just got done killing them with. 

In other news got on lfg to do hard crota on my newly minted 31 warlock. Got all the way to crota and one of the dudes switches to a 30. So now we figure out after a few times of crota not kneeling and killing the sword bearer that we all have to shoot 2 rockets per down. Fine we do that and the 30 dies in the glass room, and next dies on the way to ogres. Then dies again on the shelf after the first sword. For some reason no one shot the oversoul except me. Then the party broke up and I went to cook dinner. Didnt get anything except a few mats from lamps and bridge since I'd already gotten the 2xmats chest and deathsinger on normal. Probably wasted an hour+ on crota and a half dozen synths.

Being a warlock during the lamps is going take a little getting used to. I ended up living and going into the light at the end along with a hunter on our team, but many times I would get swiped from behind and it would push my character into a hole or into a rock and I'd die. That never happens with my titan or hunter. Also I have to level up my other tree so I can revive. People expect that a lot...especially when they want to cheese the bridge.

#4497 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:06 AM

In my experience no one class is worse off in terms of armor. I think the biggest difference is the activation of supers. Blade dancer, gunslinger, and sunsinger all have to be activated and you can be killed before you even get a chance to use it. Nova bomb and titan smash are better, in that they really have no real activation time. However i have experienced many many times where im killed in the middle of my titan smash before i can get to the ground and smash. Pretty sure the same can be said for nova bomb, its just not as easy to kill someone before they use it. Hunters gunslinger can be very effective because it has so much range and you can use it up to four times. A titan smash or even nova bomb you need players to be grouped together and for the most part, you need to be close to them. I will say as much as the titan is boss, the hunter and warlock do have blink jump that make those classes more agile. The titans jump is slow. Even the regular hunter jump can be used to jump all around and shotgun people, which can be really effective if you are good at it. I do wish sunsinger had the blink jump, because i tend to like that class more than bladedancer.

#4498 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

The best part about titan smash if you get shot before you land it is that you spawn with your super still, not true of golden gun if you activate it and don't get a shot off. 

#4499 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

In my experience no one class is worse off in terms of armor. I think the biggest difference is the activation of supers. Blade dancer, gunslinger, and sunsinger all have to be activated and you can be killed before you even get a chance to use it. Nova bomb and titan smash are better, in that they really have no real activation time.

Yeah. This is exactly the point I was trying to make that apparently went over edogawa's head. You can definitely get killed mid-FoH and mid-Nova Bomb but it's just a lot harder to do than to get killed mid-GG, mid-Arc Blade or mid-Radiance.

#4500 KingZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:26 AM

Did Ir Yut NM cp, dude got NLB, another one got freaking Gjally, then finished Crota same guy got NLB, and one noob who just joined the party and he got TLW. Then we went back to Crota HM cp w Titan no weapons dropped, but I got Hawkmoon at Ir Yut. Then full HM run w Hunter no armor dropped, no weapon at Crota. Last HM run w Warlock got Glowhoo and Word of Crota, though I did full run and not a single piece of armor dropped :wall: Then I went playing Crucible and after topping 3 consecutive matches I received Monte Carlo, that made my 5th exotic for this + 2 Invective bounties waiting to finish, man buying 100 special synthesis ain't no joke.