* * * * * 11 votes

Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

#4561 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

I have 450 coins and nothing to buy, he wont sell the monte carlo for another 6 months at least. Doesnt look like any of the exotics have better stats than the ones i already have.

I will say i love the Titan Stand Aside boots. They are probably my most used exotic in PVP for the titan. In fact i was looking at my pvp stats and noticed i have 1,076 melee kills with my titan because of the shoulder charge move, my hunter only has 536 and she has played 20 more matches than my titan.

I have them, but never use them...might need to look into upgrading them  :-k 

#4562 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

You already know how I feel about that damn shoulder charge.

#4563 KingZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

I think its only better to do normal first if you are after guns like black hammer, hunger of crota, swordbreaker, light of the abyss that only drop at crota on normal. These guns wont drop at crota if you do it on hard the first time through. Otherwise i dont think it matters. Doing it on hard will drop both armor and guns up to crota. The deathsinger part can be done either difficulty and you get the same rewards. So it just depends if you want the normal crota guns or not.

I had ran like 5-6x HM and almost gotten no armors from it, but on NM it drops more frequently. I have all NM weps, but I only use BH or HoC. Yesterday when I did Crota HM cp, got shards and Fang of Ir Yut, didn't saw any Exotic until we got to rewards screen when one of us received Suros Regime. I've done NM many time but still haven't received any helmet for Hunter and Warlock yet.

#4564 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3135 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:51 AM

Never had the chance to mention it, but got my 3rd Gjallarhorn a couple of nights ago :D/ ... no more inventory juggling (for that at least).

So that's two Gjallys about 8 days apart.

Hit the gorgon chest 3x and only pulled a shard (Truth).  Killed Atheon twice and got Gjally on the 2nd kill.

Then last night killed Crota 3x on hard... pulled shards and 2 Words of Crota.  That puts me somewhere around 9 Words and still just one Fang... yeah, the game is really watching your drops in the raid in order to avoid too many dups :wall:

damn, want that hard light but only have 10 coins and no DLC, any way to get enough coins before he leaves?

Grind Tiger strikes until you get enough coins.  No guaranteed drops but you'll usually walk away with a decent number of coins and motes.

#4565 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:21 AM

Is anyone else enjoying the Iron Banner?

Iron Banner where your Defense and Weapon damage matter, but laggy connections matter more. Seriously, there is always that one guy who seems to always kill you, take less damage, kill you easier and what a surprise he is at the top of their team. hmmmm wonder why.

Also included in the iron banner...

• Shoulder Charges that smack people but does no damage
  • Point blank shotgun shots that show no effect on opponents shields/health
  • Weapons that kill you much faster than when you try to use the same weapon on others
  • Everyone killing you with Thorn, Red Death, Shotgun, or some garbage weapon you never heard of
  • Laggy gameplay that make you feel like everyone has a 56K modem
  • Getting shot dead after you go around the corner
  • Getting shot behind a wall by a gun that cant shoot through walls
  • Having to pick up ammo two times or more because the game simply wont give it to you after holding square

Honestly all these things are probably a result of this games terrible lag. As much fun as this game would be, the lag really makes me not enjoy it the more i play it. Yet i keep coming back, probably because it would be really fun if the lag situation was fixed. But i am not even sure bungie or activision care about the current situation.

In other news i hit rank 3 in iron banner, so hope i can get a shotgun drop. :D

#4566 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:04 AM

Never had the chance to mention it, but got my 3rd Gjallarhorn a couple of nights ago :D/ ... no more inventory juggling (for that at least).

So that's two Gjallys about 8 days apart.

I am jealous of your raid group lol. If you're on later, any interest in helping fill out a fireteam so I can get some HM crota clears?

#4567 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3135 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:32 AM

I am jealous of your raid group lol. If you're on later, any interest in helping fill out a fireteam so I can get some HM crota clears?

Sure, but it'll be a bit later...

still at work :-({|=

#4568 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

Got 3, count them 3, scout rifles from the iron banner tonight. But i want the shotgun! LOL. But two of them did have firefly, so thats cool. Made it to 3/4 of the way to rank 4, so hitting 4 tomorrow should be cake. Then i can buy the titan chest piece i wanted, and probably the boots too. I noticed the titan chest has better stats for intellect and strength, but i wanted intellect and discipline. So not really sure if i should go with what i want, strength comes in handy, and the titan nades arent really all that great. I dont know.

#4569 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

I think I'll try and do my last nightfall and run some patrols. See how I feel after that...havent even started IB or completed any raids this week.

#4570 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4346 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:57 PM

Hi everyone, I play on the XB1, but the CAG group has dried up over the past few weeks.  Figured I'd lurk over here to see what is going on here on the PS side.  

• jgu likes this

#4571 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

So my last nightfall yielded another monte carlo  :-$ (dont tell 7)

#4572 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

I got to rank 5 in iron banner today. That was fast, i think i only did two days of bounties, but we did play a lot of games last night and won most of those games. Now i dont know what to do, keep playing with my rank 5 titan trying to get a shotgun to drop, or start all over with my hunter who could use the chest piece, but not really in love with the look of it. I mean i can barely even see the tree design on the chest for the hunter, so its not something i really want bad. Plus i would have to get to rank 3 just to try to get the shotgun to drop, which could take a day or so. Leaning towards sticking with my titan.

Yesterday i got three scout rifle drops, today so far i have two ship drops. So im expecting to get another ship today before i get the shotgun lol.

PS I hate you Jem! :-

#4573 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:06 AM

I did hard crota on my warlock up to crota and the team fell apart since they were mostly 31 and sucked. 

I got my chest so now I dont really need to do IB...

#4574 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

While the team was coming out from the portal @ Atheon I just stayed in the platform and killed him (health was pretty low, so why not). Next thing I see is a yellow square with a golden white rocket launcher in it...mother bleeping GHorn :bow: (also my Titan, who is my primary character got it)

So now I have every exotic gun and armor in the game :D/  

#4575 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

Oh yeah well i got three felwinters lie today in iron banner. I dont have room for all these. But i want to save a couple to reroll maybe.

#4576 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

Oh yeah well i got three felwinters lie today in iron banner. I dont have room for all these. But i want to save a couple to reroll maybe.

Hoarder can't even share one with me  :shame: . I guess I'll just go hug my Monte Carlo  =P~

#4577 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

Congrats mars. Now you can retire like me. :D/

#4578 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

I guess I was just lucky getting the Monte Carlo as my first ever Exotic and later getting 2 Gjallarhorns in the same week with 1 character.

#4579 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

Just got the FWC shader on my Titan...its FUGLY as hell...

https://www.bungie.n...843009241153539

#4580 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

I guess I was just lucky getting the Monte Carlo as my first ever Exotic and later getting 2 Gjallarhorns in the same week with 1 character.

Yeah I think I'm prolly on the 800+ if not more hour mark and that gun would not even show up  :oldman:. I was wrecking havoc last night at IB with it

Congrats mars. Now you can retire like me.  :D/

That does sound very tempting  =P~

#4581 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

I'm having shit luck with lfg this week. Second full run without a crota kill  :wall:

3rd group with no kill...seriously I understand why people say 32 only. People cannot stay alive. People are dying in the damn glass room... Fuck

#4582 jhill9056   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   310 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

jhill9056

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:52 PM

Finally got Felwinter's to drop in Iron Banner. I was mostly just playing to work on capping  my marks before HoW, but I also wanted Jolder's and after getting one shotted by it enough times I just decided to keep playing until I got Felwinter's as well. From rank 3-5 I only got a Gheleon's and two ships. I went from 4 to 5 without using the buff or turning in any bounties and I still had to play for a few hours after that to get it to drop. I had pretty good luck with rerolls though. I think I spent less than 20 motes and I got pretty nice rolls on Jolder's, Gheleon's, and Felwinter. I already had a good Spear and Lash, so my Iron Banner weapon collection is looking pretty nice.

#4583 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:21 AM

FWC has been good to me. Just got a ship, and im rank 24. Also got 2 shaders from FWC, even though they are the same one. But compared to New Monarchy, that wont drop me anything! My Warlock is rank 29 with NM!

• jgu likes this

#4584 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2731 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:16 AM

got artic proxy shader from vanguard package, do they sell those?

#4585 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:25 AM

got artic proxy shader from vanguard package, do they sell those?

No they dont, im missing that one. But im always doing factions so i dont have any shot of getting it unless i stop. But thats the only shader i think i can get from vanguard that i dont have, so im probably more likely to get a shader i already have.

Got New Monarchy to rank 30 and got garbage. Im switching to dead orbit with my Warlock.

#4586 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:38 AM

No they dont, im missing that one. But im always doing factions so i dont have any shot of getting it unless i stop. But thats the only shader i think i can get from vanguard that i dont have, so im probably more likely to get a shader i already have.

Got New Monarchy to rank 30 and got garbage. Im switching to dead orbit with my Warlock.

Crap whish I knew that, I deleted that one a while ago  :-& , which thinking about it, I find it hard to believe I deleted it, unless it was on my 2nd character that got scratched  :wall:

#4587 Revanchist   Revan CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

Wow, PVP lag is horrendously bad. I thought it was an exaggeration at first but then I experienced it first hand. 

Also is there a reason why my black hammer doesn't have the yellow square around it? It's fully upgraded and everything. 

#4588 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

I think its just glitched mine is the same way...

I got arctic proxy too and kept it since it was rare...it looks best on my warlock...its like winter cammo. My titan needs that FWC ship.

I cant believe I went 3 times on lfg and didnt get a single crota kill this weekend. Lamesauce...

#4589 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

Wow, PVP lag is horrendously bad. I thought it was an exaggeration at first but then I experienced it first hand. 

Also is there a reason why my black hammer doesn't have the yellow square around it? It's fully upgraded and everything. 

It's because Bungie actually removed the option to buy/select the "shoot through knight shields" perk, because it wouldn't allow White Nail to proc properly. It's technically still required for a "full" upgrade, and since we can't see it anymore, no more yellow-border bling.

#4590 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

I am 100% positive I got my Arctic Proxy from a Cryptarch package. Vanguard is not the only way to get it.

EDIT: Here's a vid of someone getting it from a Cryptarch package.