* * * * * 11 votes

Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

#5401 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:41 PM

Matt I could probably be on by 2:30 or 3 central

#5402 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

Matt I could probably be on by 2:30 or 3 central

Cool. That should work fine. Hadn't noticed your post from last night when I made mine earlier.

#5403 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

if I'm on Matt, I'll give it another run.

#5404 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

Yeah I have my 33 titan and my 33 hunter to run on the 32 still. I think I have 2 keys but I might hang on to them for later. I've done about half this weeks bounties and a bunch of farming while doing bounties and have not had a key drop this week at all. 

#5405 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

Thanks Langdon. I'll be running with my 33 Titan. Gonna try to get some reading done now and then I'll get on Destiny at 2:30 Central. If you guys aren't on quite yet, I can try to find one of those pesky keys.

#5406 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

Finally got my first crack at Qodron, the rehashed boss.

Since we tackled it on the PS3 side, we had to do it legit due to the slow menu system (no gally-rush).

I ran shotty just for the bubble.  As a 34, it took 6-7 rounds from my 300 Found Verdict per bubble, no Jailbreaker buff.  With the buff it was just two rounds per bubble.  Biggest issue was running out of special ammo.  So I eventually switched to my Invective; ammo regen was a lifesaver.  Invective was only 345  but it could take out the bubbles in 4-6 rounds without the buff.

Hobgoblins were the biggest issue, so I did my best to save rockets for them instead of the boss and peppered the boss with primary as often as I got a chance.  My other teammates took on their on specific duties: one focusing on the eye and the other on the boss.

Everyone did a little of everything but what worked best for us was to have our own roles: Jailbreaker, mob control and boss.

Great to get it done, but can't justify running it again for those paltry rewards.  I'd rather spend the time tackling Skolas.

#5407 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

sorry matt & jem, got disconnected (weird wind. power flickered. enough to kick me) be back on in a while (after dinner). 

maybe some key runs?

#5408 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

I need some keys/bounties and also one more 32 PoE if I can find a team...

I kind of want to try and get the boots from ToO...if you start with one win, how hard would it be to get 4 more? I wish there was matchmaking haha...that would be an epic shitshow.

Does doing 28 PoE over and over with the small chests get you some keys faster than the wolfpack farming? I swear all the keys I had were from the first week before the dlc and before the reset this week and not one has dropped this week. Are keys still even dropping from the wolfpack chests?

I dont know what time I'll be on, but I expect it will be later...after 9 central

#5409 Revanchist   Revan CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:35 AM

Went 9-1 again, actual wins no big boons. I keep doing this to myself. That and the one team that magically shows up to rain on our teams parade.

#5410 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:44 AM

Finally got my first crack at Qodron, the rehashed boss.

Since we tackled it on the PS3 side, we had to do it legit due to the slow menu system (no gally-rush).

I ran shotty just for the bubble.  As a 34, it took 6-7 rounds from my 300 Found Verdict per bubble, no Jailbreaker buff.  With the buff it was just two rounds per bubble.  Biggest issue was running out of special ammo.  So I eventually switched to my Invective; ammo regen was a lifesaver.  Invective was only 345  but it could take out the bubbles in 4-6 rounds without the buff.

Hobgoblins were the biggest issue, so I did my best to save rockets for them instead of the boss and peppered the boss with primary as often as I got a chance.  My other teammates took on their on specific duties: one focusing on the eye and the other on the boss.

Everyone did a little of everything but what worked best for us was to have our own roles: Jailbreaker, mob control and boss.

Great to get it done, but can't justify running it again for those paltry rewards.  I'd rather spend the time tackling Skolas.

I want to dislike this post so much. Not for the content, but only because it reminded me of last night.

Fuck Qodron, right in the ear. Will probably be up for Skolas later tonight, if you need a 3rd.

#5411 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:12 AM

Qodron is sooooo much easier than Skolas. I hate Skolas. Qodron is a chump.

Also, got the queen cypher tonight. Now I play the waiting game.

#5412 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13830 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

If Skolas changes back to solar burn this week I might give it a shot. I got a ton of etheric light sitting in my vault. By a ton, I mean like 4. I could get my titan and warlock to 34, but I think I want to save it for weapons and just keep collecting the trials/variks armor each week.

#5413 ludwigfrech   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

ludwigfrech

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

I spent my whole night trying to kill skolas, I think that he is doable with 3x full leveled patience and time because there was just one full level on our team and we we able to kill him but just not fast enough to dismantle the mines... And trying to run to dismantle the mines with all the mobs there is almost a death sentence.

We gave up at 2:00 am :(

#5414 NJMane  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

If Skolas changes back to solar burn this week I might give it a shot. I got a ton of etheric light sitting in my vault. By a ton, I mean like 4. I could get my titan and warlock to 34, but I think I want to save it for weapons and just keep collecting the trials/variks armor each week.

Holding the Etheric Light for my weapons was my plan too. If I could get the boots from ToO (still can't find a group to get 5 wins!), I would be 34 with all 3 characters. If I can't get the boots from ToO, Variks is likely to sell boots or helmet next week that will get them to 34.

#5415 Motiv  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:17 PM

I finally got a Monte Carlo to drop by doing a VoG HM run last night. I'm not enthralled with it but at least I have one for the exotic collection. 

I really want to give the ToO a run since I like the Crucible, but it seems like everyone already has their set groups and regulars for that at this point. At least the Iron Banner starts next week and with the Etheric Light drops (at rank 3 and 5) I now have a little more incentive to get all three characters to rank 5. If I had to guess I doubt the Iron Banner will sell any 42 light armor next week, otherwise that kind of lessens the reward value of what you can get with ToO and PoE (minus specific perks). I could be wrong and kind of hope I am since that would make reaching 34 on all three characters that much easier.

Interesting to note, according to the data from Bungie there have been about 190,000 visits so far to The Lighthouse in the past two ToO events. I'm surprised it's that high. Also, according to Bungie more than a few players found a disconnect hack to generate some easy and free wins. Apparently those who did have/will be been banned (temp or permanent in some cases). 

#5416 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:21 PM

Monte Carlo was my jam in Crucible before they cut the nuts off the auto rifles.

#5417 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:04 AM

Monte carlo + Hunter with throwing knife = fun as hell...

Got my last 32 run in so now everyone has the chest...Next week is either boots or helmet I guess. Slow crawl to 34 with no 4 hour sessions trying to beat a boss. Damn it feels good to be a gangster. Still zero keys dropping for me this week. I foolishly opened the chest twice and got the queens sniper both times.

Done until Tuesday I guess...oh wait I still have all the queen bounties on my warlock...

#5418 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7043 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:19 AM

Did a 34 POE last night and got the Purifier Robe for the warlock out of the big chest! It sounds awesome, not only does it disorientates enemies but melee hits cool down my nades, and nade hits cool down my melee.

Did some trials today and ended up going 8-2, got the boots for my titan and the gold package was the titan helmet! But the stats suck, i have like 300+ strength and not much intellect or discipline. :( But im glad i got the helmet! All i need are the arms to complete the set. Still need to get the boots for warlock and hunter hopefully before reset.

#5419 Sistros   CAG CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:52 AM

Did a 34 POE last night and got the Purifier Robe for the warlock out of the big chest! It sounds awesome, not only does it disorientates enemies but melee hits cool down my nades, and nade hits cool down my melee.

Damn, lucky you. My main is a warlock and that's the only piece of gear I am trying to so hard to get. I love the way it looks, even though the stats on it aren't what I'd usually run with in pvp or pve.

#5420 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

With my Hunter, I too went 8-2 in Osiris (On the same team with 7.) and also got the helmet from the gold package and also got the boots at 5. Earlier in the day I got the boots with my Warlock and I'm 2-1 currently with the Titan and plan on (hopefully) getting the 5 wins and the boots for him as well.

#5421 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7043 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

Damn, lucky you. My main is a warlock and that's the only piece of gear I am trying to so hard to get. I love the way it looks, even though the stats on it aren't what I'd usually run with in pvp or pve.

I think i got a good roll on the stats, it has 80 discipline and 91 strength. Not sure what the max can be. It should be leveled up with a few more bounties. Want to get it done before i go back into ToO. Just not sure its worth using etheric light on a helmet for.

Edit: Nevermind, someone on reddit got this with 100 disc and 100 strength. O_O

Ended up playing some more ToO with Cartslave and got my hunter boots, and the 6 wins package, but thats when we got our final loss. Monday is all about getting my warlock boots!

#5422 tukai   CAGiversary! Validating   1208 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:30 PM

I didnt play much saturday due to another headache. However, I joined the end of a Crota HM and got a nice weapon, Fang of Ir Yut. I am very glad to have a main hand weapon with arc burn damage now. After I finish leveling up the Vex, this will be on my list.

#5423 stillshadow   Arcade Nostalgiac CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

stillshadow

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:37 PM

Hey, I know you guys are way ahead of me at this point but I'm playing this again after a long hiatus. I'm level 29 and don't really like PvP so I'm looking to do weekly/daily stuff and finally the raids if anyone still likes to do those things.

I would like to have more CAGs on my list who still play this game as everyone has mostly moved on to Wolves at this point. I do use a headset, although mainly for listening over talking myself in a quiet house. I'm usually on late.

#5424 tukai   CAGiversary! Validating   1208 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

Still shadow, please add me PSN : Tukai, I'll try to help you out. You should be able to get to lvl 32 easily with gear from the tower.

#5425 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:37 PM

All I need right now are those Titan boots from Osiris. Got the Warlock ones (thanks Jimmy), and started going for the Hunter ones, but the stats and perks on those are pretty horrible. We'll see if I can get the  Titan ones tonight 

#5426 stillshadow   Arcade Nostalgiac CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

stillshadow

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

Still shadow, please add me PSN : Tukai, I'll try to help you out. You should be able to get to lvl 32 easily with gear from the tower.

Thanks, definitely will do. I figure if I get the etheric light and grind enough XP with the PvE stuff I can get up to that level and have fun with The Wolves stuff. That's pretty much what you have to be to do it, right? 32+?

Still would love to do VoG and Crota ever. I never seem to get in a group who sticks around to finish it but that was a long time ago. I sort of disappeared before the first expansion so I'm learning all the new tweaks.

#5427 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:42 PM

Was able to go 9-1 on ToO using my lock, best I've done so far.  Got a plain-Jane Summoner and bought the boots, though I got better ones from Judgement's Chance.

If there's time, I'll try using my titan or if there are enough takers, try to take out Skolas.

#5428 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

Me and 7 helped Rev get to the lighthouse but unfortunately we started on our 2-1 cards from last night so no trip for us. :( Did get the boots and the titan helmet from the gold package though. Also got a pretty cool legendary osirus emblem that I hadn't seen before.

#5429 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7043 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

Me and 7 helped Rev get to the lighthouse but unfortunately we started on our 2-1 cards from last night so no trip for us. :( Did get the boots and the titan helmet from the gold package though. Also got a pretty cool legendary osirus emblem that I hadn't seen before.

I have to stop aiming low, always just want the armor and thats enough. If we had started a new card we would have went to the lighthouse. WHY DIDNT WE GET A NEW CARD!? :wall: FROM NOW ON WE GET NEW CARD IF WE GET A LOSS!

But i did get the warlock boots and the gold package gave me the warlock helmet so i cant be that mad. ;)

#5430 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

Yeah that's all I care about now is getting 9-0 especially after we know for sure now that we can do it. I still say we should stick with me as host. It may have also been the time of day but I swear most of the people in my area suck haha.